ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple entry on Indian Tourist visa?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gre.bm691

Multiple entry on Indian Tourist visa?

Post by gre.bm691 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:02 am

Hi all

I have just surrendered my indian passport today and I intend to apply for the OCI once I receive the surrender certificate.

However, I have already booked my tickets for 2nd week of Jul and am pretty sure I wont be able to get the OCI in time for my trip. Hence, I have decided to go for a tourist visa and apply for OCI once I am back.

Can anyone answer the following based on their experience on tourist visa?
  • - Does the tourist visa for british nationals allow multiple entry? I plan a short holiday to dubai and back to india before leaving for UK
    - If I do decide to apply for OCI, will I be able to apply for tourist visa whilst my OCI application is in progress? I might wait till end of June and if OCI isnt sorted, then decide to go for tourist visa.
    - What are the timelines for tourist visa (for someone who was previously an Indian citizen)? The VFS states 3-5 working days.

gre.bm691

Re: Multiple entry on Indian Tourist visa?

Post by gre.bm691 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:11 am

Apologies Admin.

I realized its the wrong forum to post this and I cant seem to change it now.

theasterix
Newly Registered

Re: Multiple entry on Indian Tourist visa?

Post by theasterix » Wed May 13, 2015 4:27 pm

gre.bm691 wrote:Hi all

I have just surrendered my indian passport today and I intend to apply for the OCI once I receive the surrender certificate.

However, I have already booked my tickets for 2nd week of Jul and am pretty sure I wont be able to get the OCI in time for my trip. Hence, I have decided to go for a tourist visa and apply for OCI once I am back.

Can anyone answer the following based on their experience on tourist visa?
  • - Does the tourist visa for british nationals allow multiple entry? I plan a short holiday to dubai and back to india before leaving for UK
    - If I do decide to apply for OCI, will I be able to apply for tourist visa whilst my OCI application is in progress? I might wait till end of June and if OCI isnt sorted, then decide to go for tourist visa.
    - What are the timelines for tourist visa (for someone who was previously an Indian citizen)? The VFS states 3-5 working days.

You might still have time to get OCI done. Passport surrender certificate is usually ready in 4-5 days and OCI takes a month.

You can apply for tourist visa if OCI is not completed / in progress. I specifically checked that with VFS.Tourist visa is multiple entry. It wold take upto a week to get a tourist visa. Additionally as per the news publication, by July India might allow visa on arrival for Britisher (not sure about this).