ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BILL33
Newly Registered

EEA divorce

Post by BILL33 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:52 pm

hi, can any body advice me about my case. i got married in 2010. First time i applied for residence card as eea family member but got refused because of my wife work.They were saying, they couldn't verified my wife work. Then i applied 2nd time for eea family permit and again got refused with same reason. First two times, i applied through solicitors. On third time, i applied myself and this time my application was successful got visa in December 2013.
My question is, i'm having problem with my wife and she doesn't want to live with me any more. We are most likely going for divorce. Can any body advice me. Am i be able for ROR visa if i got divorce. I'm non-EU national.thanks

BILL33
Newly Registered

EEA divorce

Post by BILL33 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:30 pm

hi, can any body advice me about my case. i got married in 2010. First time i applied for residence card as eea family member but got refused because of my wife work.They were saying, they couldn't verified my wife work. Then i applied 2nd time for eea family permit and again got refused with same reason. First two times, i applied through solicitors. On third time, i applied myself and this time my application was successful got visa in December 2013.
My question is, i'm having problem with my wife and she doesn't want to live with me any more. We are most likely going for divorce. Can any body advice me. Am i be able for ROR visa if i got divorce. I'm non-EU national.thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA divorce

Post by sheraz7 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:49 pm

Where were you married in 2010 either in UK or abroad? Have your EU national partner been exercising her treaty rights since 2010?

If you were married in UK and your EU partner can at least help you with her treaty rights evidences & passport regardless of you living together or not then you may proceed to permanent residence application in this year.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

BILL33
Newly Registered

Post by BILL33 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:27 pm

we married in UK and i was on PSW visa. We were living together since 2010 and she was working all along. how can i apply for permanent visa because i got visa about 1 and half year ago,

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:40 pm

The time will start from the date when you were married to EU national regardless of when you were issued eea2 RC. I think you should try for Permanent residence if your partner help you.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Wed May 13, 2015 11:45 pm

firstly, eea marriage lasts until divorce, so living together or not, for eea regulations purposes your marriage is good until the gavel falls (and a decree final and absolute is issued in divorce proceedings)

secondly if you did get divorced sounds like you will qualify for ror most likely

thirdly, it is true that you can try to PR directly because time will start from the time of your marriage. when you got rc is irrelevant.

however, in your case it will not really be from your marriage because you were here on psw -- under the immigration rules, not eea rules

so your 5 years start form the moment when all 3 were true at the same time
1. you were married
2. you were physically here and relying on EEA regulations for your residence
3. your wife was excercising treaty rights

and (3) needs to be continuous for 5 years you are claiming so you need to cure whatever evidential deficiency led to your first refusal(s) or start the period at a later time
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat May 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Wrong. 5 years for PR START from the date you are married. It really does not matter what was your immigration status .
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

anujmalhotra13
Newly Registered

Post by anujmalhotra13 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi I need help in my friend divorce. he got married in UK at 2008 with EU national girl. he applied visa on 2009 and they rejected as she wasnt excising her right as she wasnt working at that time under WRS scheme. he went to India back and then 2010 he came here UK 2010 on tier 2 Visa and he changed EEA card 2011 valid till 2016. he have one kid 3 years old as well. his wife worked from 2010 till 2014 and now she went back to her country and what he can do? Can he Apply Retained of right or how many chances he can have that?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed May 20, 2015 9:01 am

Has he got a divorce?

His case seems complicating as she has left.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

azdjani2012
Mood:

Post by azdjani2012 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:55 am

hey sorry for late reply, well ur ready to get ur ILR, mean you dnt need ROR now, u have to apply for Residence Permit, its almost 5 years now, what u need to do is, get ur wife pay slips and employment letter etc, the more information u will have the easy u will get, second if u cant find her employment info then u really need get a gud solicitor who can request her job status from HMRC,

or there is other-way try to convince her back its harsh but u need her, and there is one more way which is easy, but i cant descirbe here PM i will tell u in detail, and dnt worry am not socilitor :D i am just a normal person who help others bcoz once i was in same position where u all r now :D