ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 months left on passport to get expired. Travelling with RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonman

2 months left on passport to get expired. Travelling with RC

Post by londonman » Wed May 13, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi,

Im travelling for holidays to my home country but my current passport its gonna expired in two months (July).

I have my RC in another expired passport already (I always carry with it and there is no problem at all) though.

Will I have any issue when I come back to the UK (June) as there is gonna be only one month left for my passport to get expired? As Ive heard that some countries ask you to have a valid passport for six months at least.

My RC is still valid until 2018.

Any help, please??

Thanks !!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: 2 months left on passport to get expired. Travelling wit

Post by sheraz7 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:09 pm

Then why don't you simply renew your passport from your home country during holidays. Carry all the passports you should be fine.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

londonman

Post by londonman » Wed May 13, 2015 9:15 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Then why don't you simply renew your passport from your home country during holidays. Carry all the passports you should be fine.
I've done the process already (went to my consulate here in UK) and my new passport will be ready when I come back to the UK.

I assumed there was not gonna be any problem as I hold a RC and there is still one month left in my passport at the moment I land to the UK.

Just checking with you guys.

any other comments? I would appreciate it.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed May 13, 2015 9:22 pm

I don't know what's reasons of this thread. Because when you will renew your passport after one month then why do not you do it before one month while abroad or before leaving. What's difference :lol: :lol:

londonman

Post by londonman » Wed May 13, 2015 9:25 pm

Universal soldier wrote:I don't know what's reasons of this thread. Because when you will renew your passport after one month then why do not you do it before one month while abroad or before leaving. What's difference :lol: :lol:
I get your point of view but I thought everything was gonna be fine as the passport its gonna be still valid at the moment to land in the UK, until I started to feel some doubts, thats why I opened this thread.

londonman

Post by londonman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Everything was fine in the end in case someone wanted to know or had a similar case and this would help.
A very nice officer at the UK border in heathrow in my way back to the country, travelling alone with EEA2