ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nat. application - proof of residence for EEA3/EEA4 perm.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hubba

Nat. application - proof of residence for EEA3/EEA4 perm.

Post by Hubba » Wed May 13, 2015 9:34 am

Hi guys,

Quick question. My wife and I have successfully applied for EEA3/EEA4 last year and now it's time to apply for our naturalisation. I intend to apply through our local NCS. Regarding proof of continuous residence, do we need to present proof of residence for these last 6 years or just for the last year?

My question comes from the fact that given that we have already be granted our EEA3/EEA4 permanent residences, we have already proved our continuous residence during the initial 5 year period. This is particularly interesting on my wife's case since her EEA passport doesn't have any sign of leaving or entering the country, so we would need to present bank statements,etc.

Cheers.

badratio

Re: Nat. application - proof of residence for EEA3/EEA4 perm

Post by badratio » Wed May 13, 2015 10:10 am

Just for the last year. I applied with a PR card along with payslips covering previous year and had my application approved.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 am

badratio wrote:Just for the last year. I applied with a PR card along with payslips covering previous year and had my application approved.
Thanks, mate.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 13, 2015 7:26 pm

You will need to provide proof for the 5 years prior to the application.
Having PR doesn't prove anything as the residence requirements for PR are different than for naturalisation (for example you can obtain PR with 6 months of absence every year).

Having said that, for naturalisation a passport is enough to prove residence even for EEA nationals.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Wed May 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Jambo wrote:You will need to provide proof for the 5 years prior to the application.
Having PR doesn't prove anything as the residence requirements for PR are different than for naturalisation (for example you can obtain PR with 6 months of absence every year).

Having said that, for naturalisation a passport is enough to prove residence even for EEA nationals.

Thanks, Jambo. Is the passport enough for EEA nationals even if the passport has no evidence of arrival/departure in/of the country? Given that an EEA national's passport can't be stamped on the way in or out of here, my wife's passport is pretty much empty.

Cheers.

Bukola1

Post by Bukola1 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:26 pm

Hubba pls could you update how you go with your application later because I also planing to apply
Soon and I am and EU member and I want to no update on their requirements pls

blooms

Post by blooms » Thu May 14, 2015 3:26 pm

I sent in my application at the beginning of April. I am an EEA spouse with a PR sticker in my passport.

I didn't send in anything additional. If they ask me for more info, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Fri May 15, 2015 9:19 am

Thanks for the input, guys.

@Jambo,

Would you mind weighing in? Would the passport be enough even if the passport has no evidence of arrival/departure in/of the country?