ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am British and my spouse is EEA national...family permit?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stonecold
Newly Registered

I am British and my spouse is EEA national...family permit?

Post by stonecold » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:16 am

Hi Guy,

I really need urgent help as my mother is very sick and I need to apply for her FP soon. I am now British national and I want to bring my non-eea mother who is wholly dependent on me. I got my British nationality after spending 6 years as a family member of my EEA wife who has now permanent residence and still EEA national.

My mother is widowed and very sick and nobody is there to help her and I am paying for all her expenditure including house rent etc and sending regular money to her. I want to apply for FP and just wondering if I am eligible for it?

stonecold
Newly Registered

British Citizen... EEA spouse and my dependent mother

Post by stonecold » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I am very thankful for all your support and helpful advise towards my british citizenship. Specially Obie, vinny, John, EUSmile and all senior members.

I need to apply FP for my Non-eea mother who is totally dependend on us (me and my eea spouse). I am just wondering if I can apply for her family permit. Here is my status and situation:

I came in this country as a student visa IN 2003 and then married with my EEA Wife who is now holding permenent residence card. I obtained my EEA residence card in 2007 and was dependent of my EEA wife till 2012, when I obtained Permenant residence and then in 2014 I become British National. Please also note that I am a dual national and still holding my Pakistani nationality.

Now, I understand that I am british now but my spouse is still eea national and I was her dependant. Can I apply for family permit for my mother on the above circumstances. Much appreciated

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizen... EEA spouse and my dependent mother

Post by rosebead » Fri May 01, 2015 6:57 pm

That's a tricky one. Technically, your mother-in-law counts as a family member of your wife's, but I'm not sure how it would stand with you now being British. If you were still non-EEA, the answer would be clearly yes. Perhaps you should contact Your Europe Advice and ask them.

stonecold
Newly Registered

Post by stonecold » Fri May 15, 2015 11:18 am

Thank you very much for your reply rosebead!

I have contacted to europe advise, but still waiting for reply despite many reminders. Can anyone who has similar experience or gurus advice me please. Much appreciated

stonecold
Newly Registered

Post by stonecold » Fri May 15, 2015 12:04 pm

stonecold wrote:Thank you very much for your reply rosebead!

I have contacted to europe advise, but still waiting for reply despite many reminders. Can anyone who has similar experience or gurus advice me please. Much appreciated
Just to add: Does the following regulation apply on my case:
EUN2.15 Can family members of dual EEA nationals qualify for an EEA family permit?
Yes. A dual German / USA national can rely on their German nationality in order to exercise treaty rights and therefore their family members may apply for an EEA family permit. The applicant will need to show that:

1.they are an EEA national through the issue of a passport/ID card and that
2.they meet the requirements of the EEA regs (that is, are exercising Treaty rights, and so on.)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rmit-eun02