ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP + WP ILR Help required

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsmpwpilr

HSMP + WP ILR Help required

Post by hsmpwpilr » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:31 am

Hello,

Thank you for spending time to read my message.

I'm planning to apply for ILR(5years category) WP(3 years) + HSMP(2 years) category.

The application form says following evidence needed for HSMP category:
1. Evidence of economic activity during your stay.

Does it mean the bank statements and salary slips for past 2 years (HSMP duration). Or the bank statements during my whole stay (5years salary slips and bank statements) ?

2. If stay in other category to be considered along with HSMP duration, details of those visa and stay:

I have employment letters from my previous employers (during WP). Is that sufficient ? Or do they expect to see salary slips/bank statements ?

I'd appreciate your guidance.

Regards,
hsmpwpilr

ajant
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP + WP ILR Help required

Post by ajant » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:10 am

As fas as I am aware, you need to prove to them that you are currently economically active. So 3 months payslips,bank statements should be good enough (to be safe carry 6 months).
And you need all previous WP docs. Thatz all

softboy
Newly Registered

WP Docs?

Post by softboy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:35 pm

How can an employee carry WP docs? The WP docs are an arrangement between the employer and the HO.

It is not practical for the employee to carry WP docs always. And I don't see the point in taking them along.

teekay_tk

Post by teekay_tk » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:48 pm

IMHO take as much as you can and every info you have. Showing more evidence than less is always better. I THINK if you provide your NI number than they shoud be able to trace your previous salary if need be. but if you have any salary slips just attach them anyway .

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:07 pm

teekay_tk wrote:IMHO take as much as you can and every info you have. Showing more evidence than less is always better. I THINK if you provide your NI number than they shoud be able to trace your previous salary if need be. but if you have any salary slips just attach them anyway .
They are not going to trace your salary to check your activity you provide them evidence or else get rejected.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:08 pm

Absolutely, they dont have time to trace everyones salaries
Magsi

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:03 pm

They have been asking for P60's recently.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Is P60 a valuable document to alternate the GAP's between FLR

Dawie
Diamond Member

Re: WP Docs?

Post by Dawie » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:17 pm

softboy wrote:How can an employee carry WP docs? The WP docs are an arrangement between the employer and the HO.

It is not practical for the employee to carry WP docs always. And I don't see the point in taking them along.
The work permit document itself is supposed to be in the possession of the employee not the employer.

When I applied for indefinite leave to remain in January 2006 the caseworker asked to see my actual work permit document even though at the time it was not officially listed as a document to supply with my ILR application.

You would be well-advised to supply any and all Home Office documentation you have in your possession when applying for ILR in person.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:45 pm

gainvidya wrote:Is P60 a valuable document to alternate the GAP's between FLR
hUH? what do you mean?

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:51 pm

SYH wrote:
gainvidya wrote:Is P60 a valuable document to alternate the GAP's between FLR
hUH? what do you mean?
Sorry I should have been simple to phrase. I meant to ask if there are GAP's between FLR would P60 be acceptable to prove that one was in the country legally and paid all the time.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:14 pm

It may be but is still no guarantee of approval.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

hsmpwpilr

Post by hsmpwpilr » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:02 pm

Just to update this thread, I received ILR approval.

The caseworker was friendly and patient. She checked the salary statements and bank statements for past one year only (HSMP).

She checked the employment letters to ensure continuous employment during WP, didn't ask for the salary slips/bank statements for WP duration.

I had switched my employment during my HSMP and there was a bit confusion because one of the employment letters didn't clearly mention the dates. The CW asked for the clarification regarding the employment switch.

I'd advise everybody (except the ones with complicated applications) to go in person, instead of applying by post as it gives you better chance to represent yourself. It allows you to explain your situation properly.