ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General SOC Code & Salary requirement for ILR

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

huzaifa020314
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General SOC Code & Salary requirement for ILR

Post by huzaifa020314 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi Gurus,

I was granted my first Tier-2 general leave on 10th June 2010 so now I am eligible to apply for my ILR application.
I have been working with the same employer for that period.

I was actually filling in the SET(O) form and on page 19, they have asked to enter the SOC code and the salary requirements specified in the codes of practice list. Currently my SOC code is 2134 and on all my previous extensions, I was granted leave on old rules (April 2010) but now in the current file, the salary requirements is £40,000 for experienced workers.

My Question is, will my ILR application will be considered under the new rules or the old rules, just like my previous extensions.
And what salary should I fill in on the form, the one on which I got all my previous extensions (20.500) or the new one (40,000).

I contacted UKBA and they were clueless and asked me to contact my Sponsor but my company does not have any idea about it as well. A bit confused.

Could any one please guide me? Its very urgent!

Thanks & Regards,
HZ

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 General SOC Code & Salary requirement for ILR

Post by manci » Sun May 17, 2015 6:42 pm

huzaifa020314 wrote:Hi Gurus,

I was granted my first Tier-2 general leave on 10th June 2010 so now I am eligible to apply for my ILR application.
I have been working with the same employer for that period.

I was actually filling in the SET(O) form and on page 19, they have asked to enter the SOC code and the salary requirements specified in the codes of practice list. Currently my SOC code is 2134 and on all my previous extensions, I was granted leave on old rules (April 2010) but now in the current file, the salary requirements is £40,000 for experienced workers.

My Question is, will my ILR application will be considered under the new rules or the old rules, just like my previous extensions.
And what salary should I fill in on the form, the one on which I got all my previous extensions (20.500) or the new one (40,000).
Your salary has to be at least £40,600 for a 39 hour week, which can be pro-rated for different hours of work, and this must be certified by your employer in writing and supported by payslips. Read 245HF and 245HF-SD of the immigration rules:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf
The salary you put in the application form must be the same as in the employer's letter.

I contacted UKBA and they were clueless and asked me to contact my Sponsor but my company does not have any idea about it as well. A bit confused.

Could any one please guide me? Its very urgent!

Thanks & Regards,
HZ