ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effects of British Citizenship on husbands PIO?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

siri_uk
Newly Registered

Effects of British Citizenship on husbands PIO?

Post by siri_uk » Mon May 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi,

My wife's indian and she holds ILR and has been here for the past 6 years and based on her indian citizenship I, her husband and our 4 years old son have acquired PIO (now known as OCI). We're thinking of her applying for a british citizenship, but would me and my child lose our PIO if she takes british citizenship?? We do use the PIO to visit her mother and siblings back in India like once in two years or so.

Much appreciated any advice.

pennylessinindia

Re: Effects of British Citizenship on husbands PIO?

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon May 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Interesting question , will be in a similar position soon. I assume that if you apply for OCI yourself your spouse is still eligible for OCI, if not then I imagine not
pennyless

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Effects of British Citizenship on husbands PIO?

Post by fwd079 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:56 am

siri_uk wrote:Hi,

My wife's indian and she holds ILR and has been here for the past 6 years and based on her indian citizenship I, her husband and our 4 years old son have acquired PIO (now known as OCI). We're thinking of her applying for a british citizenship, but would me and my child lose our PIO if she takes british citizenship?? We do use the PIO to visit her mother and siblings back in India like once in two years or so.

Much appreciated any advice.
The question is more appropriate for this forum.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.