ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

January 2014 - Naturalization Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mario2014
Newly Registered

Re: January 2014 - Naturalization Application Timeline

Post by mario2014 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:38 pm

The Home Office's response is as follows:

Thank you for your email correspondence of 26 January on behalf of Mr xxxxxxx of xxxxxX, about his application for naturalisation as a British Citizen.

Mr xxxxxxx naturalisation application ofJune 2014 remains under consideration by our caseworking team.

The Independent Chief Inspector’s report of 11 December 2014 highlighted that some individuals had not been subject to sufficient scrutiny in relation to their immigration history. We have now revised our guidance and are looking at those cases in detail to assess the impact these changes will have on the outcome of the application for British Citizenship. Due to the additional checks required these cases will take a little longer to consider. We apologise for the delay Mr xxxxxx has experienced in receiving his decision.

ray221
Newly Registered

Post by ray221 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Eligibility criteria:spouse to a bc
Method of application: NSC Hatfield
English language requirements: life in the uk and B1
Date of application:05/01/2014
Date of receipt by ukba:06/01/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 12/01/2014
Date of fees taken :12/01/2014
Date of approval :-waiting
Date do citizenship ceremony :-waiting
Passport:-not Submitted

chaule
Newly Registered

Post by chaule » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Eligibility criteria: 3 years marriage with uk citizen but i have been in uk 7 years
Language criteria met: PET B1
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 30/01/15
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01/02/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 07/02/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 04/02/15
Date approval received: 18/02/15
Date of ceremony: invitation will be sent within 2 weeks

I am so surprised it took only less than 1 month to have my application approved.

mluisalopes
Newly Registered

May 2015 - Naturalization Application Timeline

Post by mluisalopes » Mon May 18, 2015 11:44 am

Hi guys, I would like to share with you my experience with the Home office and my process for adquireing my British citizenship. The whole process can be very positive if you have all the correct information required by the home office, the part that I found really hard was to find the referee which I had but it took me a while to remember that he was eligible to complete the application for me (the referee part). There is a a list of eligible referees who can sign for you, is quite difficult at first when you look at it, but not impossible. Well after my application was completed I made an appointment with the Checking service in Islinghton (they are great and super friendly) they took a copy of all my documents, which is good so you can travel if you need. I paid to the home office 906 ponds for the citizenship and 55 pounds for the checking service. I applied on the 25th of march and It took almost 2 weeks for the home office to debt the money from my account around the 08th of April, after that they sent me a letter home with the receipt and letting me know that the whole process could take up to 6 months. I received a letter saying that citizenship was approved on the 14th of May, they also have arranged the ceremony with my local council for next week. Really happy with the whole process!!! Some of my friends got their citizenship earlier than that, however, if the application is completed properly I think you shouldnt have any problem.

Good luck to all of you! Best of luck from Maria :lol: :lol: :D

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon May 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Congratulations for approval.
I am still waiting since last year February. Now running in 16 month waiting for decision. But no luck.
Best wishes for the rest.
Babe khyber