ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant (Spouse) ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rhule815
Newly Registered

PBS Dependant (Spouse) ILR Application

Post by rhule815 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi All,

I urgently need an advice on what application form to use for thehapplication for ILR for my wife.

She entered UK as a PBS dependant in Aug 2011. In Jun 2013, I extended her PBS dependant visa (i.e. PBS Extension and NOT FLR(M)), as she was short of the 2 years. (She was given an extra 3 years). I got my ILR at that time and now have my British Passport (I.e. I have Naturalized).

I want to apply for ILR for her but I am confused on which form to use for this application as the use of wrong form might make the application invalid.

I need Help Please!!!

vinny

Re: PBS Dependant (Spouse) ILR Application

Post by vinny » Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rhule815
Newly Registered

Post by rhule815 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:43 am

vinny wrote:SET(O).
Thanks, I have been going through the Set (O) form.

If I fill for my wife as the main applicant, There is no where that asks for My details. In fact there is no link between my wife and I, all the questions is about dependants (which of course would have been my wife, if I was the one applying).
Again, I have noted that in the document sections (Section 12), there is no request for us to show any Cohabitation or even proof of maintenance.

My other question is, Do I have to tick " Other purpose or reason not covered by other form" in Section 12T of this form (Although the front page of the Set (O)has PBS Dependant as one of the categories).

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 19, 2015 3:00 am

How odd. Perhaps other applicants will enlighten us?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Tue May 19, 2015 8:01 am

thats true i also didn't find any thing in respect to cohabitation documents.

aslo rhule815, i am also applying for my wife ILR and she is also on tier-1 dependant visa at the moment and she now qualifies for ILR, just wanted to know what are the documents you wish to submit for proving English langugage:

in my case i am thinking to submit :

Is it right to check UK NARIC confirmed that the qualification was taught or research in English (see screen shot)
http://screencast.com/t/LbUuynHU

Evidence would be :

Master's degree from India
Medium of Instruction certificate English ( for Master's degree which is 2 year course)
print out from Tier-2 Point based calculator allocating 10 points for the same
and a print out from https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

Would all this be enough or do i actully need to get it verfied by UK NARIC ?

Thanks

rhule815
Newly Registered

Post by rhule815 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:21 am

Sadiq, You need to obtain a
1). NARIC confirmation that, the Degree is equivalent to UK standard and then,
2) A letter from your school (should be on the official school letter header) stating that, the course was thaught in English OR Aa confirmation from NARIC stating that the Degree (course) was taught in English.

The points base calculator, might be OK but not entirely sure for a PBS dependant though. For the two I have mentioned above, I am very sure because that is what I used for my ILR.

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Tue May 19, 2015 9:54 am

rhule815 wrote:Sadiq, You need to obtain a
2) A letter from your school (should be on the official school letter header) stating that, the course was thaught in English OR Aa confirmation from NARIC stating that the Degree (course) was taught in English.

The points base calculator, might be OK but not entirely sure for a PBS dependant though. For the two I have mentioned above, I am very sure because that is what I used for my ILR.

Thanks rhule815,

i was applying for this NARIC confirmation letter online :

"English Language Assessment" is the right form to apply ?

Thanks
Sadiq

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Tue May 19, 2015 12:57 pm

mdsadiqm wrote:
rhule815 wrote:Sadiq, You need to obtain a

Thanks rhule815,

i was applying for this NARIC confirmation letter online :

"English Language Assessment" is the right form to apply ?

Thanks
Sadiq
Hi rhule815,

i got this response from KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they said its alright with those documents. your thougths please ?

Dear Sadiq

You are correct in all that you set out below.

UK NARIC updates the calculator for our use and therefore if you have achieved 10 points on the calc, then UKNARIC have deemed this acceptable to us.

Kind regards

Gemma Parle
Nationality and Settlement Operational Policy | Immigration & Border Policy | Home Office

Hide original message
From: Sadiq Mohiuddin [mailto:mdsadiqmohiuddin@yahoo.com]
Sent: 19 May 2015 09:19
To: Knowledge Of Life Policy Queries
Subject: English query

HI,

I am applying for ILR for my wife and she is currently on Tier-1 General dependent and i am using form SET(O) to apply for her ILR

Is it right to check UK NARIC confirmed that the qualification was taught or research in English (see screen shot)
http://screencast.com/t/LbUuynHU

Evidence would be :

Master's degree from India
Medium of Instruction certificate English ( for Master's degree which is 2 year course)
print out from Tier-2 Point based calculator allocating 10 points for the same
and a print out from https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

Would all this be enough to qualify for her English ?

Thanks
Sadiq

This email was scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisations IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) This email has been certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

rhule815
Newly Registered

Post by rhule815 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi Sadiq,

From your initial enquiry; You have
1). A confirmation from NARIC
2) Letter/Certificate from you school stating that the media for instruction was English.

So, If they say it is OK to use, then its OK. I will suggest you add a copy of the reply to your application, so there will be now ambiguity.

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Thu May 21, 2015 9:27 am

rhule815 wrote:Hi Sadiq,

From your initial enquiry; You have
1). A confirmation from NARIC
2) Letter/Certificate from you school stating that the media for instruction was English.

So, If they say it is OK to use, then its OK. I will suggest you add a copy of the reply to your application, so there will be now ambiguity.
thanks rhule815,

yes would definitely take print out while attending.

Antolarain1981

Post by Antolarain1981 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi,

I am in similar situation, want to apply ILR for my wife. I am planning to take PBS snapshot showing 10 points through her education, is this sufficient. Should I also need to provide a letter for her school to prove her media of instruction is English?

please advise

thanks,
Anthony

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:41 pm

Antolarain1981 wrote:Hi,

I am in similar situation, want to apply ILR for my wife. I am planning to take PBS snapshot showing 10 points through her education, is this sufficient. Should I also need to provide a letter for her school to prove her media of instruction is English?

please advise

thanks,
Anthony
hi anthony,

as per this link https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english , it should be enough for them to make a decision but would be nice if you could email them and enquire the same and once they confirm it take the print & carry along.

i am sure it will be alright.

Regards

mdsadiqm

Post by mdsadiqm » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:36 pm

ILR Application successful for my wife at Birmingham PEO, i went last thursday on 28th May and documents i have submitted are:-

1. Application SET(O)
2. Bank STatements last 12 months
3. Pay slips Last 12 months
4. English Degree certficate from Indian university
5. Masters Certificate from Indian University
6. P60's last 2 years
7. Marriage Certificate
8. couple of random bank statements for join account to prove cohabitation ( not sure whether it was required at all)
9. Birth certificate of 2 childs

in 2 hours they called me to collect my documents and today i have received biometric card.

Thanks george & vinny for the help.

ILR11

Post by ILR11 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi there,

I am just wondering if you or anyone who have sorted these questions as I am having exactly same questions and recently wrote a post for a help. It's so confusing! It would be much appreciated if some one could give me some clues regarding the questions below!

Many thanks in advance!
rhule815 wrote:
vinny wrote:SET(O).
Thanks, I have been going through the Set (O) form.

If I fill for my wife as the main applicant, There is no where that asks for My details. In fact there is no link between my wife and I, all the questions is about dependants (which of course would have been my wife, if I was the one applying).
Again, I have noted that in the document sections (Section 12), there is no request for us to show any Cohabitation or even proof of maintenance.

My other question is, Do I have to tick " Other purpose or reason not covered by other form" in Section 12T of this form (Although the front page of the Set (O)has PBS Dependant as one of the categories).