ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter confirming hubby's Leave to remain! Please Help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jennygal
Newly Registered

Letter confirming hubby's Leave to remain! Please Help!

Post by jennygal » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:20 am

Hi, this website has been so very resourceful and helpful to me and to many others just wanted to say "keep up the good work!' I am now counting on all your help on my query....I have applied on an hsmp dependent visa and the british high commission has asked me to provide a letter confirming my husband's leave to remain in the UK. However, despite the fact that i had already submitted my husband's Hsmp approval letter and a notorised copy of his passport that clearly states his visa and the leave to remain, I would have thought that would have been sufficient proof. I would be very grateful if someone could direct me on how to go about getting this letter? Should I write to the home office?What all should i mention? Can I go In person to request the same? Is there a website,email address where such a request can be made as this is needed quite urgently. Also, wanted to mention that my husband is coming down (home country) on a visit. Do you think it would be advisable to call up the british post concerned and ask if they would like to have a look at his passport rather than wait another 3 weeks or so to get a letter?... Any help and suggestions would be highly appreciated

Troubled jean

topazstar

Confirmation letter - leave to remain

Post by topazstar » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:36 am

This is really puzzling - I have heard of ECO's overlooking documents in files and wonder if this could have happened? Other than that, did your husband submit a letter from himself as the applicant, confirming his status? I would have thought that the letter u have already submitted, passport stamp and a letter from your husband would be all tht they would need. I don't know the process u would have to go through to get another letter but I can imagine it would not be easy and may take some time.
Will be interesting to hear other people's views on your question.
Meantime, I would see if you can email or fax them with copies of what u have already submitted and letter from your husband, detailing his status and signed by him.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:32 am

maybe a letter from your husband's employer stating how long he has been working for them and salary would help.

jennygal
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by jennygal » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:33 am

Thanks alot for replying :)..that's exactly what i thought...I found it very bewildering too. I thought perhaps they wanted a letter from the home office stating his leave to remain etc...If all they want is a written cofirmation from my husband then that I feel should not be an issue however I feel they have overlooked the documents in the file as the main thing was the notarised copy of my husband's passport and the fact that he had his HSMP approval letter if at all they could easily liase between the relevant govt. departments (the HO). Also wanted to mention that they have sent back all my original documents, so the notarised passport copy is with me. I was of the opinion that they must have scanned all the documents and kept it on my file hence the reason for returning it.

Would really appreciate some more suggestions and guidance from others 2...especially John ,victoria :)...

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:31 pm

Sounds to me as though they just haven't looked at the documents correctly, as the notarised copy of the visa should have been enough.

Which consulate was it?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

jennygal
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by jennygal » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:09 am

Thanks for replying victoria...it was the British high commission / BDHC (pakistan). They just rung me up the day before and asked for a letter confirming my husband's leave to remain. At that point, I was so caught up with other things that I did not think of highlighting the fact that I had already submitted a notarised copy of my husband's passport. Victoria, do u think they actually require a letter from the home office? or should I just re-submit my husband's notarised passport copy? Also as luck would have it, he is here on a family visit and I couldn't help but wonder if it was possible to just submit his actual passport. Even if i do have to get a letter from the home office what all do u reckon it will need to entail/outline?...I have an idea but just wanted to be sure on the safe side...my application has taken almost 3 and half months than the standard 15 working days and im just losing it now :(...I would really be grateful to anyone who could possibly shed some light on how I could obtain this letter from the HO..Any sites,links contact details etc...any advice really. Thanks a bunch guys :)

Regards,

Jean

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:33 pm

It may be the case that they have lost it, or that VFS lost it, but send another notorised copy or the passport itself and that should be all that is needed.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

topazstar

Spouse application Pakistan

Post by topazstar » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Hi Jean

Just wanted to say don't worry too much as we have also applied in PK and been told to allow 12 weeks. We are a month in and heard nothing. The fact that they contacted you is very reassuring...... we have tried to contact but to no avail - website, email, phone - no response, so do not worry too much.