ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa info please

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Darren
Newly Registered

Visa info please

Post by Darren » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:45 am

Marriage visa!!
I just have a few quick questions regarding my girlfriend and our plan to move to Canada!
My Girlfriend of 4 years and I have been living and working in Thailand. She is from the Philippines and I am Canadian! We are looking for some advice regarding making the big move to Canada permanently. She has an associate’s degree in Comp. Sci. and I have a BBA, we are both teaching English here and also have a small business on the side. We have looked on the Canadian Immigration web sites but have found many grey areas. Should we get married in Canada or does it matter? If we are married can she work in Canada upon arrival or is there a waiting period? Is it difficult for her, only holding an undergraduate degree? health insurance? would she be covered or should we look at other avenues?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much for you time!
Darren :D

rahimbadsha
Newly Registered

Post by rahimbadsha » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:05 pm

As a canadian citizen, you will be the sponsor for your wife. There is not much qualification needed for her and her educational background and work experience doesn;t really matter much as you will be responsible for her.

You can get married anywhere you want. You just need to submit proof of marriage with your application. They have been really picky in this area these days as there have been lot of abuse. Provide as much evidence/document as possible like wedding pictures, wedding video in cd format (they suggest not to send video tape but cd is OK), etc.

She can start working as soon as she gets her SIN which takes about a month or so.

She will be coming to canada as a permanent resident and will be covered under provincial health insurance plan. She will get her health card in 3 months. However, if she needs to see a doctor or go to hospital before she gets her health card, she needs to pay but there is a reimburse process.

Hope that answers your questions.

Darren
Newly Registered

Thank you!!

Post by Darren » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:22 am

Rahimbadsha,
Thank you very much for your help!
sounds good!
All the best!
Darren

soccerguy
Newly Registered

Re: Visa info please

Post by soccerguy » Tue May 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Rahimbadsha is correct. One more thing is whether the three months waiting period applies is based on where would she land. From my knowledge if she lands Alberta then there is no waiting period for her. However if it is somewhere else like BC and Ontario then yes there is a three month waiting period before the provincial coverage starts. Before she gets provincial coverage you may search for weblink for her for three months to get her covered.

This post is from 2006!

Advertising is not permitted on the forum @ http://www.immigrationboards.com/announ ... ns-t3.html

Moderator Edit
Last edited by CR001 on Tue May 26, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Weblink removed - advertising not permitted. Please take this as a warning that the account may be terminated if this continues