ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

surrendering Indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goldenstarnice
India

surrendering Indian passport

Post by goldenstarnice » Fri May 22, 2015 9:54 pm

I can't find much information about surrendering Indian passport,

I need to surrender my son's Indian passport and my passport. where can i get the application form, what are all the documents i need to submit with application form.

Many thanks

goldenstarnice
India

Re: surrendering Indian passport

Post by goldenstarnice » Fri May 22, 2015 10:11 pm

https://www.hcilondon.in/pages.php?id=35

Important Notice

It has been decided by the High Commission of India in the UK to outsource Passport services to VF Services (UK) Limited with effect from 02 March, 2015.

For detailed information please visit VFS's Website:

E-mail : info.Ppt-Consularuk@vfshelpline.com

Helpline: +442036958996

goldenstarnice
India

Post by goldenstarnice » Fri May 22, 2015 10:12 pm

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/Surrender.html

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

Documents Required for Surrender of Indian Passports

Duly filled application form
Original Indian Passport (Last/Valid Indian passport at the time of Naturalization)
Self attested photocopy of Indian passport (All used pages)
Self attested photocopy of the current British / Foreign Passport( Only the photo page*)
*Note- If the applicant has had more than one British passports since naturalisation, They are required to submit the original first British passport & self attested photocopies of all the pages of the first British passport’.
Self attested photocopy of British / Foreign Naturalisation certificate
If the applicant is born in UK /abroad and obtained foreign/British Nationality on the basis of Birth in the country and not by naturalisation then applicant is required to provide a photocopy of the full Birth Certificate.
Applicant’s applying under Deemed Surrender Certificate category are required to submit the photocopy of the last Indian passport and first British passport in addition to the above applicable documents.
Applicants need to be aware of the below:

In case of Minor’s Application/Declaration either of the parents can sign the application form/declaration.
Applicants are requested to submit/send the photocopies of the supporting documents (not the originals) unless originals are requested.
All applicants who have had a name change after acquiring British or any other nationality should fill in the surrender form using the name mentioned on their last/valid Indian Passport. Applicant should also be aware that the surrender certificate will be issued on the name mentioned of their ‘surrendered’ Indian Passport.

Processing times vary from application to application at the sole discretion of the High Commission of India and its Consulates in the UK, and some applications may take longer than others to get processed.
This list is not exhaustive and does not guarantee a Surrender Certificate. The High Commission of India or its Consulates reserve the right to ask for additional documents if required

goldenstarnice
India

Post by goldenstarnice » Mon May 25, 2015 3:23 pm

goldenstarnice
India

Post by goldenstarnice » Tue May 26, 2015 11:16 am

I've spoken to VFS and they mentioned only the last Indian passport used pages of photocopies are enough. Does anyone has any experience with this, can you please confirm is this right or do we need all passport unused pages.

goldenstarnice
India

Post by goldenstarnice » Tue May 26, 2015 2:52 pm

They are expecting both parents to be in person if you surrender your kids passport, in case if either one can't make it get a authorisation letter from other half. I am getting as much as information for my surrender and copy here for others beneficial.

goldenstarnice
India

Post by goldenstarnice » Thu May 28, 2015 3:11 pm

I went to VFS offie this week and submitted the docs

Applicaiton form
Naturalisation certificate copy
British passport photo page copy
last indian passport used pages copies
Letter from other half to authorise my kids surrender passport

they accept cards, if you dont carry self address envelope for each application then they charge extra 12.33 for each application to return the post.

Surrender fee 106
consular surcharge 2

service charge 6.20
sms charge 1.20
courier urgent charge 12.33
vat 3.95

total 131.60 for each applicants

each photocopies will have to write 'self attested' and signatrue. For kids just they can write their names in the photo pages. Application form if kids can write then they can write their names.