ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PARTNER APPLICATION REFUSED. APPEAL GIVEN!!!!!1

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

brickwall
Newly Registered

EEA PARTNER APPLICATION REFUSED. APPEAL GIVEN!!!!!1

Post by brickwall » Fri May 29, 2015 11:40 am

Hi

I wanted to get some advice on my case. i have just been refused an application for leave to remain but given right to appeal based on my partners (unmarried/no civil partnership) EEA rights as a french national who has grown up in the Uk but moved back fully 3 years ago. We haven in a relationship for 2 years now and living together for 1 and a half years. At time of application we have been together for 1 year and a half.
It was reused based on lots of unnecessary and pedantic reasons like although they believe we are in a genuine relationship based on evidence sent it hasn't been two years in the relationship before an application was made.
The state that as i didn't attend one of the reporting interviews where they asked me to sign on. This was because i feared detention and then after the refusal letter was sent.
That my partner isn't a British citizen and isn't settled here although he is exercising his EEA rights
That i have no family ties here although my parents in my home country are deceased and all my family members are British citizens here aunt uncles cousins grandparents.
I came over on a visitor visa after my parents passed to live with family here and have overstayed.
On human rights and asylum claim that i am gay and fear return to my home country due to persecution because of the anti gay laws there,
They state that i should be ale to maintain my relationship with my partner over Skype and email which is absolutely ridiculous as that will not sustain the relationship. it will break it up due to my removal.

I have to put in an appeal and just wanted to know if anyone else has experiences of this and how the appeal might f=go through

I can't get a civil partnership as although i was born here in 91 i returned to Nigeria with my parents where i lived for 10 years and therefore it affects my application on private life for continuous stay of half my lifetime. Also means that i can't prove my nationality as british as my parents were not and this is needed for the civil partnership.

Please help me shed som light as to hat to o i will be going ahead with the appeal as this seems to be my last option hoping that i can prove it in court and the judge be understanding and sympathetic that i have nothing to return to back in my hoe country and that all my family ties are here and my partner whom i would have been married to if possible.