ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement for my Spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nm
Member of Standing

English Language Requirement for my Spouse

Post by nm » Thu May 28, 2015 10:12 am

Hi

How do we provide the proof for the degree taught in English. I am planning to apply for naturalization to my wife and i do not know what document to submit to establish my wife had her Degree taught in English , Previoulsy we had the PBS calculator available, however its not availalbe now. I got a letter from her university confirming the degree taught in English.

Appreciated the help

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Re: English Language Requirement for my Spouse

Post by smartkhan » Thu May 28, 2015 12:48 pm

Get a Statement of Comparability from NARIC and attach it with degree and letter from university. Make sure Statement of Comparability should say that the degree is comparable to British Bachelors or Masters.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri May 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi

Do we really required to submit the statement of comparability from NARIC ? Does the Original degree certificate and Letter from university will not sufficient?

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:27 pm

nm wrote:Hi

Do we really required to submit the statement of comparability from NARIC ? Does the Original degree certificate and Letter from university will not sufficient?
How was she granted ILR/ILE?
If it was after 28 October 2013, you can simply tick the relevant box, on form AN page 7, simply tick the box:
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;
Provide LIUK test result alongside and you are good to go.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri May 29, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi

She got ILR in August 2013

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:06 pm

nm wrote:Hi

She got ILR in August 2013
In that case, provide proof of English and please click here for a letter received by a member which they received from Nationality Checking Service. I suggest booking NCS and applying through them. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.