ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Application For Spouse Visa - Islamabad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ahmed786
Newly Registered

New Application For Spouse Visa - Islamabad

Post by ahmed786 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:39 pm

HI

I have been browsing this website for a couple of months now and have been looking at all the different topics people have posted regarding their spouse’s application in Pakistan. I’m about to make mine and just wanted someone to look over what I will be submitting and advise on if they will be sufficient.

Certified copy of my Passport

Original Employer Contract of Employment – Started Employment in August 2007, prior to
this I was employed until mid May 2007.

Employment Offer letter I was sent by current employer / offer letter sent by employment
agency I got job through (if it helps, although it is over 3 months old, not valid any more?)

Wage Slips covering the months March, April, May , August , Sept , Oct (current month) I didn’t get paid for June and July as I wasn’t working

Letter from Employer confirming employment.

Current employment earning £30,000 pa

Certified P60 for Year 2006- 2007 – showing gross income of approx £23,000

Bank Statements for last six months – However my previous job I was paid in cash and deposited sum of the money, not all. Used what I needed and deposited the rest. So for the months of March, April and May the wage slip deposits do not match my bank statements, even though there was funds flowing in and out of the account, approx £1500 per month in and about the same amount of about £1500 out again. My current wages are paid directly to my account and match my wage slips Aug, Sept, Oct. However my main concern is that my bank account is sometimes overdrawn for weeks at a time before being credited again. I will be depositing approx £6000 into the account to show some funds, but will be making the application as soon as I receive my next statement. So funds of that amount (£6000+) will only show for the last few weeks of the statement. Will this be a problem? I have never claimed public funds and since I have this new job I am sure to start building up my balance again. Hope they will be able to see that

Also have a building society account with approx £2500 savings that I never touch, I will send a certified copy of this bank book.

Letter from Mortgage company (Abbey) showing that there are no arrears for mortgage and that it is upto date.

Property I live in is jointly owned by me and my brother, so a letter from him allowing my spouse to reside in the property with me.

Land Registry Documents

Letter from me stating I will financially support my spouse and that I have every intention for her to live with me at my property as my partner.

Certified birth certificate

Wedding Invitation

Plenty of Calling Cards – Used to call wife’s mobile

Lots of Wedding photos – including many of those that include us, many guests and family members.

Original nikkahnama/marriage certificate and also the attested translated version.

Spouse’s passport

If anyone could guide on how strong my application would be based on the information provided above and if there is anything else I could provide to strenghten my application I would be grateful

Finally I know that British Embassy have opened a new Visa service centre in Islamabad. Does anyone know what their current turnaround time is? Ive heard two weeks? is this true

Thanks
Ahmed 8)

topazstar

Spouse Visa

Post by topazstar » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi Ahmed
Your details look good and I certainly can see no fault with your application.
Regards the bank account, I too was overdrawn for a time so included a letter showing my overdraft facility. Also, where you have detailed the money going into your account from cash earnings, suggest you include this explanation in your sponsor's letter as spouse. Also tell them where the £6000 is coming from as they can query large sums into and out of account if they cannot see the source of funds.
We too heard that about Islamabad, that turnaround is now 2 wks not 12 but we lodged application 4 wks ago and have heard nothing, so not sure. It does seem some people on this site have had a fast turnaround. Our problem at the moment is we can get no feedback at all but have not been called for interview.
Very important -You will also need TB test certificate (details on BHC Islamabad website) and Fedex will book you in for fingerprints.
Hope this helps.

ahmed786
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed786 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:14 am

Thanks for the advice. I take it the TB test is for my wife (in pakistan) and not me.

Also I was thinking of doing a letter from a friend to show that he had owed me a sum of £6000 which I had given to him as a loan and is now paying me back, wrtitten and signed by him.

Even though my statements show a overdraft facility of £2000 on every statement do you think I should try get a letter from the bank just explaining this or I could point it out in my spouse letter.

Even though I own my property with my brother all the bills/mortgage payments come out of his account so my statements wouldnt show payments for utilities or mortgage payments. Even so I will be getting a letter from the mortgage company addressed to me and my brother detailing that there are no arrears with mortgage. Should I send some of my brothers statements? or is this not neccessary

I have read from someone on a topic that they provided with the application a letter from teh DSS office to show that they were not claiming or never have claimed any public funds for support. Would this help?

Thanks
Ahmed

topazstar

Spouse Visa Application- PK

Post by topazstar » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:29 am

Hi Ahmed - Answers as follows:

Thanks for the advice. I take it the TB test is for my wife (in pakistan) and not me.

Yes for your wife.

Also I was thinking of doing a letter from a friend to show that he had owed me a sum of £6000 which I had given to him as a loan and is now paying me back, wrtitten and signed by him.

Yes a good idea.

Even though my statements show a overdraft facility of £2000 on every statement do you think I should try get a letter from the bank just explaining this or I could point it out in my spouse letter.

Including just a short letter from the bank is a good idea.

Even though I own my property with my brother all the bills/mortgage payments come out of his account so my statements wouldnt show payments for utilities or mortgage payments. Even so I will be getting a letter from the mortgage company addressed to me and my brother detailing that there are no arrears with mortgage. Should I send some of my brothers statements? or is this not neccessary

No, I don't think u need to send brothers statements - what you are including should be fine.

I have read from someone on a topic that they provided with the application a letter from teh DSS office to show that they were not claiming or never have claimed any public funds for support. Would this help?

If this is simple to get then yes but I just included this statement into my letter and also mentioned it on the Application Form.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:30 pm

It will also be a good idea to get evidence that there is enough room int he house for you all. If the land registry documents show this then great, but if not draw a plan of the house and supply photos.

Very important - when lodging the application, make sure VFS tak everything. They often try to refuse documents they say are not needed, so you must INSIST they take EVERYTHING.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

ahmed786
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed786 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:33 pm

Thanks Victoria,

I forgot to mention, I have already got a letter from a RICS registered letting agent in our area who has already inspected our property and given a written account on its size, condition and whether it would be suitable for another person wo live within it with me. I will be sending this with my application.

He has told me that he has done many letters like this for people and that he has never had anyone come back and question what he has given in writing.

ahmed786
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed786 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:54 pm

In regards to the passport do you think it would sufficient to get a certficate of some sort form a solictor stating that pages 1 to x are genuine etc . I know people have certified the whole passport , as in every single page, which is expensive. which is better?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:35 pm

If you are sending the original passport this is not necessary.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

ahmed786
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed786 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:50 pm

My original? most people advise against this. Is it standard practice to send UK passort with spouse application in Pakistan?

I would have thought that a certified copy would be enough

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Sorry, your original post said 'Spouse’s passport'.

Send a certified copy of the details page, that is all that is needed, unless you are using exit and entry stamps as proof of contact.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!