ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goldenstarnice
India

Family visitor visa

Post by goldenstarnice » Fri May 29, 2015 10:01 am

Hi There,

I would like to invite my parents from India on a six months family visitor visa. Can someone tell the documents needs to be sbmitted for this. My father is Govt retired and mother is house wife. What are all the documents they need to submit.

I've got mortgage not sure which document needs to prove for accommodation.

Many thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family visitor visa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:03 am

It is now called a Standard Visit Visa

They will need to provide evidence and proof each of strong ties to their home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat May 30, 2015 9:53 pm

hi,
from your parents side:

1) your parents bank statements, mainly your father bank statement where pension credited
2)if they got own house then the documents as assets
3)cash savings,fixed deposits
4)self letter explaining why they are visiting, if they are meeting the cost of expenses then mention it clearly in the letter

from your side
1)your passport and visa copy( you can scan it and send it by email)
2) invitation letter(sign and scan it and sent it by email) from you stating why you are inviting them, and who is going to meet the expenses, if you are spending their expenses, then your salary slips, and bank statements
3) accomodation-AFAIK you dont need to show documents, but if you have spare bedroom that would be suffice.

this is purely my personal advice and please refer other senior member advice as well.

these are the documents i submitted when i invited my parents, 3rd time they are visiting me this summer.

goldenstarnice
India

Post by goldenstarnice » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Thank you very much for your help. By any chance do you know the process of applying schengen visa. In india VFS TGEYi cant find any contact number to ask about this.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:02 am

no idea sorry

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:37 am

goldenstarnice wrote:Thank you very much for your help. By any chance do you know the process of applying schengen visa. In india VFS TGEYi cant find any contact number to ask about this.
Which country in the Schengen zone do you want to visit? Or which country in the Schengen zone do you want to visit first in case of planning a tour?

Go to that country's Embassy's web site and you'll have pretty clear instructions.

For example, Germany:

http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/in ... GLISH.html

http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/in ... __VAC.html
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.