ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

retain rights of residency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arleneauray

retain rights of residency

Post by arleneauray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi to everyone, I need all your advice pls. I got married nov. 2010 to french national , he came in england 2007, I got eea family member but it will expire april 2016, we are separated since last nov, and tomorrow he is flying to another country but he told me he will come back on aug. 30 as it is a return ticket, I dont want to take my chances im thinking to apply for ror but im not sure can I still apply even he is in another country, we still contact each other. Also lets say I got the absolute decree and I will apply for ror what documents I need for him, do I need his passport payslip? Until when I need his exercise treaty rights? Also until when an eu national can be absent to the uk, coz if i apply for divorce 3 months he is not in the country and he is not paying tax.. pls I need all your advice,

arleneauray

Re: retain rights of residency

Post by arleneauray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:56 pm

Hello any advice, ps help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:04 pm

We provide advice for free. We also do work and have families.

When someone is available online who can answer your question, since your 1st post 30 minutes ago, I am sure you will get a response.

If you need an immediate answer, there are many OISC advisors who can help you at a fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:18 pm

ROR can only be applied once the divorce is finalized along with the treaty rights evidences of EU national partner. Since the treaty rights cannot be exercised from abroad while the divorce can proceed even either of partner is not in UK. Therefore, as you your EU national partner is returning in August, so better to wait until he comes back. Until he returns back your right of residence won't be affected because his absence is within the limit of 6 months.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

arleneauray

Post by arleneauray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Thank you for your replay, but what if he doesnt comeback on aug. 30, but we still contact each other can I still apply for divorce even he is out of the country...thank you for your reply

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:35 pm

sheraz7 wrote: the treaty rights cannot be exercised from abroad while the divorce can proceed even either of partner is not in UK.
See also:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/evidenc ... nce-cases/
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

arleneauray

Post by arleneauray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:41 pm

Ok, so that means my only chance is to pray and wwait for him to come back in uk on aug. 30, even I file a divorce, as he is abroad no exercising treaty rights it would still be impossible to get ror...,

arleneauray

Post by arleneauray » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Thank you for your reply,

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Please bear in mind that when he returns, he would need to be exercising treaty rights from beginning of divorce procedure till decree absolute for you to securd ROR.
GOD BLESS!!!

arleneauray

Post by arleneauray » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Yes thank you very much. May God be with me!