ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February-2015 Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MrBrilliant
BANNED

Re: February-2015 Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by MrBrilliant » Wed May 27, 2015 5:01 pm

zonkkk wrote:UPDATE
Eligibility criteria: EEA national (6+ years worker with 1+ years PR card) together with my wife (EEA national without PR - but more than 6 years in the UK) and child.
Tests: Life in the UK and Cambridge Preliminary English Test (B1)
Current nationality: Romanian
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 09/02/2015
Date of receipt by UKVI: 10/02/2015
Date of acknowledgment: TBD
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 13/10/2015 - Payment requested/Balance dropped on card. Transaction still not showing though.
Date approval received: TBD
Date of ceremony: TBD
13/10/2015 ?

Are you a time traveller?? :P

Lima254
Newly Registered

Post by Lima254 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi everyone I am new here, thanks for the laugh in the posts btw. It sure makes this whole waiting game a little less painful!

I posted my timeline in the main thread (Naturalization applications timelines ONLY) but I thought it best belongs here. So we are waiting for that shiny brown envelop :roll:

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + on ILR (Actually over 25 yrs in UK on ILR)
Language criteria met : B1 + LIUK test
Current nationality: Kenyan
Method of application: NCS Wood Green London
Date of application: 19/02/15
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA : Not sure
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 02/03/15
Date of acknowledgment: 06/03/15
Date approval received: Pending (every part of my body crossed :D )
Date of ceremony: Can only dream

This waiting period is making me paranoid and am starting to think of all the things that could possibly be affecting my application. Few scenarios;
1) At the time of application I was in between jobs (I had just quit the permanent job I had been working for the last 3 years) so I was registered at an agency (as temp worker). I put down the agency's address as my employer. A month after application, I registered with another agency that placed me in a potentially permanent job unit. I have been working for the new employer since then & I received my permanent contract today! Should I let HO know of the change of employers? Or should I let them carry out checks using my NI number and track my tax payments that way?
2) In 2011 (which falls within my 5yr qualifying period) I was out of the country for a duration more than 6 months. On the day I was submitting my application at the NCS, the nice lady receiving my application made a phone call to home office to clarify if she should accept. She mentioned that I have been in the UK for over 25 years. The HO rep on the other end of the line replied "if he has been here that long, it shouldn't matter so go ahead and accept". Wondering if this will now bring any problems? Should I contact HO?

Any advice highly appreciated.

meb4ne1

Post by meb4ne1 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:27 am

Lima254 wrote:Hi everyone I am new here, thanks for the laugh in the posts btw. It sure makes this whole waiting game a little less painful!

I posted my timeline in the main thread (Naturalization applications timelines ONLY) but I thought it best belongs here. So we are waiting for that shiny brown envelop :roll:

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + on ILR (Actually over 25 yrs in UK on ILR)
Language criteria met : B1 + LIUK test
Current nationality: Kenyan
Method of application: NCS Wood Green London
Date of application: 19/02/15
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA : Not sure
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 02/03/15
Date of acknowledgment: 06/03/15
Date approval received: Pending (every part of my body crossed :D )
Date of ceremony: Can only dream

This waiting period is making me paranoid and am starting to think of all the things that could possibly be affecting my application. Few scenarios;
1) At the time of application I was in between jobs (I had just quit the permanent job I had been working for the last 3 years) so I was registered at an agency (as temp worker). I put down the agency's address as my employer. A month after application, I registered with another agency that placed me in a potentially permanent job unit. I have been working for the new employer since then & I received my permanent contract today! Should I let HO know of the change of employers? Or should I let them carry out checks using my NI number and track my tax payments that way?
2) In 2011 (which falls within my 5yr qualifying period) I was out of the country for a duration more than 6 months. On the day I was submitting my application at the NCS, the nice lady receiving my application made a phone call to home office to clarify if she should accept. She mentioned that I have been in the UK for over 25 years. The HO rep on the other end of the line replied "if he has been here that long, it shouldn't matter so go ahead and accept". Wondering if this will now bring any problems? Should I contact HO?

Any advice highly appreciated.
You are worrying too much about it. I'd say relax and carry on with your life. The process is taking longer than necessary because Home Office have chosen to work on the Dec-Jan backlog. They'll get to us soon or later and when they do, we'll know. I have seen a lot of Feb applications waiting so I'm completely relaxed. I requested my docs back so I can go on a nice holiday in summer :mrgreen:

Lima254
Newly Registered

Post by Lima254 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 pm

You are worrying too much about it. I'd say relax and carry on with your life. The process is taking longer than necessary because Home Office have chosen to work on the Dec-Jan backlog. They'll get to us soon or later and when they do, we'll know. I have seen a lot of Feb applications waiting so I'm completely relaxed. I requested my docs back so I can go on a nice holiday in summer :mrgreen:

Happy for you mate on your summer hols. The whole 'relax' thing, we both know it's easier said than done; but hey what can we do but wait? You don't think I should contact HO re; change of employer?

MrBrilliant
BANNED

Post by MrBrilliant » Thu May 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Lima254 wrote:

Happy for you mate on your summer hols. The whole 'relax' thing, we both know it's easier said than done; but hey what can we do but wait? You don't think I should contact HO re; change of employer?
Send them a letter if you like, it won't harm anything. It probably doesn't matter, as your naturalisation application does not depend on your employment. (As long as what you stated was correct at the time of application)

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri May 29, 2015 12:08 pm

got my ceremony letter which they already book for 3 june .still waiting for ho letter .cant find my post regarding time line so writing roughly again
applied on 10 feb through NCS
fee deducted on 17 feb and email on 18 feb .
post acknowledgmenton 21 or 22 feb
ceremony letter on 29 maY already booked for 3 june.
best of luck to those still waiting
ss

MrBrilliant
BANNED

Post by MrBrilliant » Fri May 29, 2015 2:51 pm

SSWSZ wrote:got my ceremony letter which they already book for 3 june .still waiting for ho letter .cant find my post regarding time line so writing roughly again
Congratulations, thanks for updating us!

mirami
Newly Registered

Post by mirami » Fri May 29, 2015 10:44 pm

i feel so worried now as I see the majority of February applicants got their replies. i applied on 4 of February through NCS and I thought it would be faster. However it is nearly 4 months and nothing but the money were deducted same week as i applied :(

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:10 am

SSWSZ wrote:got my ceremony letter which they already book for 3 june .still waiting for ho letter .cant find my post regarding time line so writing roughly again
When you receive the HO letter also plz let us know what is the date on the approval letter.

Lima254
Newly Registered

Post by Lima254 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:27 am

mirami wrote:i feel so worried now as I see the majority of February applicants got their replies. i applied on 4 of February through NCS and I thought it would be faster. However it is nearly 4 months and nothing but the money were deducted same week as i applied :(
Reading through the timelines, I actually see that its January guys getting more approvals than February. I applied feb 19th and still waiting :(

MrBrilliant
BANNED

Post by MrBrilliant » Sat May 30, 2015 10:12 am

mirami wrote:i feel so worried now as I see the majority of February applicants got their replies. i applied on 4 of February through NCS and I thought it would be faster. However it is nearly 4 months and nothing but the money were deducted same week as i applied :(
There are quite a few of us still waiting, nothing to worry about. Of course they took the money the first week, if it were you would you take the money immediately or wait a month? :mrgreen:

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat May 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Update : got home office letter today dated 23 May . Letter says to book ceremony within 21 days but I already got the ceremony letter with booked ceremony for 3 June .
ss

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Sat May 30, 2015 11:56 pm

SSWSZ wrote:Update : got home office letter today dated 23 May . Letter says to book ceremony within 21 days but I already got the ceremony letter with booked ceremony for 3 June .

:) so HO is working on Saturday to finish off the work load ?

Congratulations and have a party after ceremony :D

Batasha

Post by Batasha » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:46 am

Hi All,

I updated the excel sheet. we have 27 February members who are still waiting for their approval.

Please make sure you update your timeline.

bestshow

Post by bestshow » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:03 pm

bestshow wrote:I have asked HO to return my documents back since 20th of the last month, and still have not received any respond yet. 0_o
still the same, even I have not received my documents back yet.
British Citizen

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:22 am

Update !

Got Speeding fine and 3 points :roll:

first ever points over years of driving. All things happening at the same time. Officer was very forceful to inform HO and court too as if he's gonna get some special award from Ms May.

But just thinkinh somebody earlier posted about having approval even with points but his/her licence was expired but mine is in action and im driving :)

any suggestions ?

meb4ne1

Post by meb4ne1 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:37 am

I applied on 5th Feb and still waiting. I saw in the main thread lots of January applicants are getting their approvals so we'll be getting ours back soon :D

meb4ne1

Post by meb4ne1 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:42 am

AaLipak wrote:Update !

first ever points over years of driving. All things happening at the same time. Officer was very forceful to inform HO and court too as if he's gonna get some special award from Ms May.

But just thinkinh somebody earlier posted about having approval even with points but his/her licence was expired but mine is in action and im driving :)

any suggestions ?
Didn't you get charged under making sexual phone calls and had to fill in the International Conviction Exchange form? As I remember you had a court hearing? What happened?

Lima254
Newly Registered

Post by Lima254 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:15 pm

Has HO locked February applications in a cellar and thrown away the keys???? Losing hope :( :( :(

tomboy

Post by tomboy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:12 pm

AaLipak wrote:Update !

any suggestions ?
As the law said if u get points in last 12 months u cant apply for citizenship for the next 3 years mate
I pray for u it shouldnt be happend and only God can help u
And i pray for u that u get ur approval soon
NCS lady told me about this law
Good luck

m3m3m
Newly Registered

Post by m3m3m » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:01 pm

@ Tomboy

Which law says " if u get points in last 12 months u cant apply for citizenship for the next 3 years "????????
No guidelines tells this.
Yes .... if you received points via court then this case is true,but not if you received points by a police man or speeding camera.

any other expert advise...

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Tomboy , thanks for prayers and yes in my situation only and only God can do the miracle now. I have much bigger problems to face than these points in days to come :oops:

When I referred to Point and getting Approval, that was Res who got it. Same thread as ours , in Feb 2015.
if I DONT challenge the ticket and fine ( which was issued by an officer using speed gun ) within 28 days then there's no Criminal charge. But if case goes to the court and Prosecution stands to its point then there are not only fine,points but criminal charge too which will sit in my record for God knows how long. I spoke to my lawyer about it. It can be challenged but 1) too expensive 2) first ever points and my licence is not getting cancelled so not much worth to lock the horns with Police. so paying fine is easy option.

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:14 am

meb4ne1 wrote:
Didn't you get charged under making sexual phone calls and had to fill in the International Conviction Exchange form? As I remember you had a court hearing? What happened?
well remembered meb4ne1 :)

I did go to court and discussed with my lawyer. So did not plead Guilty now we are heading for Final Hearing. Penalty would be same irrespective of Guilty plea now or found guilty later. If plead Guilty at earlier stage, Courts are Bound to give discount on sentence but in most cases our beloved HO needs a hair thin excuse to refuse, so even if I pay just fine it will still be classed as conviction and a criminal record so might as well Fight to the last breath. Possible outcomes of my case; Worst case scenario : Prison (period unknown), Lightest Sentence: Fine ( I never got in trouble with Police or any authority so if they do background checks I might be hoping for Fine). But in both cases there's gonna be Criminal Conviction for sure so i'm doomed :(
{ Could any body please forward a thread / tell if criminal charge is there then how long do we have to wait for to re apply and HO refund the fee ? }

Regarding ICCE form, no news about that. Officer[i don't believe a word of them now] said, its gonna sit with HO record (it was well before all these charges came forward anyway) and might be shared with other national international forces. So basically, every time i'll touch in/out the borders my name will Shine from now on! (but hope NOT) :( :(

paulus
Newly Registered

Post by paulus » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:15 am

The Good News for February applicants has slowed down to a trickle .... have a feeling we could be in for the long haul :(
Applied February 6th .

Knowledge_is_Power

Post by Knowledge_is_Power » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:00 pm

I think approvals are being released in lots & I guess we're gonna have our approvals in the next couple of weeks. I hope so.