ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income from Ltd. company now dissolved

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kannit

Income from Ltd. company now dissolved

Post by kannit » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi,

My ILR will be due in October 2015

Background:

I came to UK on Tier 1 Entry Clearance in 2010 showing income from Employer in India. So that's OK.

Till early April 2011 I was on permanent emplyment in UK. In May 2011, I started contracting by opening by own Ltd company and myself as director with 100% share.

In Oct 2012, I applied for extension showing salary+dividend from this company as income and it was approved with no issues. I presented myself as employed by my Ltd company (not self-employed) and paid required taxes and class 1 NI.

In June 2013, I went on maternity break...

In May 2014, I went back to work but this time on permanent employment with a UK employer (note that Ltd was still open but not trading or earning any revenue)

I am still working with a good UK employer but dissolved Ltd company in Mar 2015

My question is:
1) Can Home Office take this fact negatively that the employer in past i.e. my Ltd company (opened in May 2011 and dissolved in Mar 2015) is no longer trading?
I am questioning because I read posts wherein some people faced issues during ILR that previous employer in not trading etc.

2) Since I was only earning Statutory Maternity Pay from June 2013 to May 2014 due to maternity break from my Ltd company, can this cause any issues? P60 for Apr 2014 says no tax was paid since total earning was lower than threshold (including statutory maternity pay).

What steps I shall take to make my application water-tight to be successful.

Thanks in advance for your valuable comments and advice

kannit

Re: Income from Ltd. company now dissolved

Post by kannit » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Just trying rephrase my questions:

1. Is it a cause of concern if earning in last 5 years (not last 12 months from application) were from a LTD company which is now dissolved? I was sole director of that company drawing salary+dividends

2. Is it a cause of concern if P60 for 2013-14 tax years shows NIL tax and NI paid because I was on maternity leave most of the year? However income from Statutory Maternity Pay from same LTD company was in total was low enough to be not taxed. Although I did not pay any income tax or NIC, there was good amount of tax paid to HMRC on dividends.

Thanks

kannit

Employment History and NIC

Post by kannit » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:01 am

Hi,

Which number(s) should I ring to get my employment history and NIC?

Thanks in advance!

kannit

ILR due - Ltd Company questions

Post by kannit » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:13 am

Hi

My ILR is due in Oct-2015

Bit of history about my employment:
Oct-2010: Tier 1 G entry clearance
Jan-2011: Entered UK (within 90 days)
Feb-2011: Started permanent employment in UK
May-2011: Left TCS and started contracting via Ltd company with 100% share
Jun-2013: Contract ceased due to maternity but Ltd. company active. Getting statutory maternity pay from Ltd. account (not government)
May-2014 till now: Started permanent employment

What documents should I gather
1. For Ltd company
2. Maternity period
3. Employment via ltd company

Thanks in advance!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR due - Ltd Company questions

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:50 am

Make sure your tax for the Limited Company are paid and up to date.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

geriatrix

Re: Income from Ltd. company now dissolved

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:01 am

Keep your queries regarding your single ILR application in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kannit

Clarification about absence

Post by kannit » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi,

I'll be applying for ILR soon. I have continuous residency from 2011 till now and on that basis I am applying for ILR.

Prior 2010, I was in UK from 2007 to 2009 - left UK (for 14 month) and then returned in 2011.

In the SET(O) form, there is a question:
7.11 How long have you lived in the UK?
Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than six months during that time
Should I mention about the fact that I live in UK since 2007 and that I had long absence from 2009 to 2011 given that I am not considering that period in my continuous residency?

Cheers!

kannit

Re: Clarification about absence

Post by kannit » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:19 am

Any advise please?