ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal in uk

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alpha21
Newly Registered

Indian passport renewal in uk

Post by alpha21 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi all

My current passport is due to expire in next year and my UK work permit soon. I was unable to add my spouse's name on to mine or my name on to her's passports, respectively due to work commitments at the time. She also currently has valid residence permit to stay in UK.

Due to our recent family illness she had to return to India to assist and recoup. Hence i don't have the original marriage certificate and her original passport with me currently. Following are my questions.

1. Can i renew my passport, since i have to renew it for renewing my work permit here in UK?

2. Since i do not have my wife's documentation to submit that i am married, can i submit application with similar conditions as single in the old passport? (there is no change in home address or parents names or personal name change or appearance or anything.....)

3. Can i use my new passport then as soon as she returns to add my name on to her passport and her's onto mine??

4. Since a new passport would be issued would our visas i.e work permit and dependent visas be still valid?

Hence i am planning on renewing my passport first (due to work permit situation) , then add my name on to her with the new passport number, upon her return, following which she receives a new passport. Then i can add her name on to my passport which will keep both our records upto date.

Please suggest......

pragneshmpatel

Re: Indian passport renewal in uk

Post by pragneshmpatel » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:12 pm

I think not.
First thing at the counter they will ask are you married. And if you say yes then they will tell its against law to not include spouse details in passport. This is my personal experience while renewing my indian passport last year.

They will ask for your wife's passport copy attested by her.
your marriage registration copy.
Her Visa / BRP Card Copy.

But you can try no harm in trying.

ban.s

Re: Indian passport renewal in uk

Post by ban.s » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:52 am

You'll need to provide atleast a copy of the marriage certificate. This is a material change since you applied your last passport and you'll need to provide documentation in support of that.