ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fjimmy007
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by fjimmy007 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:39 am

Well my wife applied on the basis of spouse of British citizen, applied on 05/05/2015 and on 30th of may we received the acknowledgement letter and also biometric invitiation dated 28th of may 2015. Its shows average time application to acknowledge around 4 weeks. let see the outcome , i believe it will be 3 months to decide on average . thanks

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:28 am

fjimmy007 wrote:Well my wife applied on the basis of spouse of British citizen, applied on 05/05/2015 and on 30th of may we received the acknowledgement letter and also biometric invitiation dated 28th of may 2015. Its shows average time application to acknowledge around 4 weeks. let see the outcome , i believe it will be 3 months to decide on average . thanks
Hi fjimmy007

Can you tell me whether there was any time limit on the submission of the biometrics from the date you received the invitation?

godtimebest
Newly Registered

Post by godtimebest » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:32 am

Hi all,

I am just a new member I really need u guys advice ....

I have applied for Naturalization since September 2014....case 6years eea family member,
In February 2015 I receive 3/6 months letter.
02/04/15 original passport requested by casework
01/06/15 I made online request for my passport to be return back Because of a new employer,

Today i receive a letter requesting me to attend an interview in Liverpool and stating they don't need any documents at the interview ....

please has any members recently have the same experience of Naturalization/ Citizenship interview what are the questions they normally ask...... Any experience please, and would they still return my passport before the interview date or not because I really need it for my new job.

Best regards,

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:36 pm

godtimebest wrote:Hi all,

I have applied for Naturalization since September 2014....case 6years eea family member,
01/06/15 I made online request for my passport to be return back Because of a new employer,

Today i receive a letter requesting me to attend an interview in Liverpool and stating they don't need any documents at the interview ....

please has any members recently have the same experience of Naturalization/ Citizenship interview what are the questions they normally ask...... Any experience please, and would they still return my passport before the interview date or not because I really need it for my new job.

Best regards,
If u have nothing to worry about in ur case then it would be a normal interview most probably to check ur english ability and LIUK. Search the forum for interview questions in naturalisation.

Did u take english test and LIUK far away from home by any chance?

godtimebest
Newly Registered

Post by godtimebest » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:47 pm

waiz89k wrote:

Best regards,
If u have nothing to worry about in ur case then it would be a normal interview most probably to check ur english ability and LIUK. Search the forum for interview questions in naturalisation.

No, both of the test center is not far away from my home jst 3 mils

Fartun
Newly Registered

Post by Fartun » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:10 am

I came UK 19 Nov 2007 through Heathrow in illegal way and 21 nov2007 Applied asylum first refused and later through court get a asylum on Oct 2008 . I applied ILR 31dec 2013 and got it on 22may 2014.I passed life in UK test as well as ESOL entry 3. My question is can I apply Naturalization because of recent change of good character 9.5 illegal entry?.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Emailed FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk almost 20 working days ago and still no reply, dire straits - absolutely appalling experience. If I were to receive refund I would have withdrawn my application without thinking twice.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:43 pm

godtimebest wrote:
waiz89k wrote:

Best regards,

No, both of the test center is not far away from my home jst 3 mils
Then it should be fine. it should be a normal interview, In most naturalisation interviews reported on this forum CW has checked the english ability and asked questions about LIUK test of the applicant. So hope it would be same for u too. Best of Luck and keep updating the forum.

stoofie
Newly Registered

Post by stoofie » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Simple question: When I handed in my application (NCS) I was told that I will receive a invitation to do the biometrics, and this will have to be done within two weeks. Is there a similar limit on doing the ceremony? In other words, once they send the approval letter, is there a time limit to arranging the ceremony?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:02 am

stoofie wrote:Simple question: When I handed in my application (NCS) I was told that I will receive a invitation to do the biometrics, and this will have to be done within two weeks. Is there a similar limit on doing the ceremony? In other words, once they send the approval letter, is there a time limit to arranging the ceremony?

Thanks
You need to book your ceremony within 21 days of receiving the invitation letter and you have to attend your ceremony within 90 days of approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khani

Post by khani » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi

Any one Help, I am going to apply for BC, But I have been out for 99 days in last 12 months, can someone please tell me would it be a problem ??? thanks

bura

Post by bura » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:40 pm

Please Help!!!!!!!!

NCS agent asked me questions and ticked YES and NO on a document. The agent has ticked YES question "have you had more than one fixed penalty notices in 12 months" however I have had NO fixed penalty notices. How can I notify nationality team of this as its a mistake and don't want this affecting my application.
thanks

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:37 pm

khani wrote:Hi

Any one Help, I am going to apply for BC, But I have been out for 99 days in last 12 months, can someone please tell me would it be a problem ??? thanks
AN guidance clearly mentions that you must not be out from UK for more than 90 days in last 12 months, (unless compassionate reasons of leave). Also ensure that when UKBA receives ur application, you should be present in UK 5 years back on same day.
e.g if you apply on 29 June 2015 and UKBA receives ur application on 1st July 2015, you should have been present (same day - 5 years ago) in UK on 1 July 2010

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:40 pm

bura wrote:Please Help!!!!!!!!

NCS agent asked me questions and ticked YES and NO on a document. The agent has ticked YES question "have you had more than one fixed penalty notices in 12 months" however I have had NO fixed penalty notices. How can I notify nationality team of this as its a mistake and don't want this affecting my application.
thanks
Please notify UKBA immediately if you have case reference of ur application (if you case is not yet registered, then you can use your royal mail reference number). You can also attach copy of your Driving License Paperpart (and also online print your driving license information from https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.g ... nce-number).

Thanks

bura

Post by bura » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:22 pm

vishpb35 wrote:
bura wrote:Please Help!!!!!!!!

thanks
Please notify UKBA immediately if you have case reference of ur application (if you case is not yet registered, then you can use your royal mail reference number). You can also attach copy of your Driving License Paperpart (and also online print your driving license information from https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.g ... nce-number).

Thanks
Hey Thanks for the link. But i sent them a letter stating the errors and copy of document on which errors were.
I gave my name, dob, nationality etc for them to identify my case. you think thats enough??
thanks again

bura

Post by bura » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:Emailed FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk almost 20 working days ago and still no reply, dire straits - absolutely appalling experience. If I were to receive refund I would have withdrawn my application without thinking twice.
they never reply within 20 days ridiculous

SADEELEJA
Newly Registered

HOME OFFICE REQUESTING ORIGINAL DOCUMENT

Post by SADEELEJA » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:24 am

hello guys,

I submitted my application for Naturalisation about 5 month ago through Nationality checking services. I was surprised to receive another letter from Home office asking for original document which was stated on the Home Office website that the NCS are the only organisation to certify it as true original document.
My question is 1. Has Home Office lost my document 2. What is the importance of paying Nationality Checking Services if they are still going to ask for all this document.

Please, your urgent response will be highly appreciated as i have few days to response to the letter and i am out of the country.

Thank you all.

hakram
Newly Registered

Fee and application acknowledgement wait time.

Post by hakram » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:26 pm

hi guys,

hoping someone can guide me here.
I submitted AN application on 4th June 2015 @ rutherglen ncs.

So far I have not received acknowledgement from HO that they have received my application and nor have they debited fee from my account.

Does anyone know how long before they debit fee from applicant?
Does anyone know how long before they send acknowledgement that they have received an application?

Any guidance would be appreciated here.

Thanks.

Ziuta

Re: Fee and application acknowledgement wait time.

Post by Ziuta » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:29 pm

hakram wrote:hi guys,

So far I have not received acknowledgement from HO that they have received my application and nor have they debited fee from my account.

Does anyone know how long before they send acknowledgement that they have received an application?

Thanks.
I've applied on 2nd and today checked my cc and money have been taken today. So I suppose it will be soon for you too
Applied: 02/06/2015
Fee deducted: 13/06/2015
Acknowledgement letter: 16/06/2015 (dated 13/06)
Biometrics: 16/06/2015
Approval: 28/11/2015

bura

Re: Fee and application acknowledgement wait time.

Post by bura » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:34 pm

hakram wrote:hi guys,

Thanks.
money should be taken out later this week.

rc0906
Newly Registered

Post by rc0906 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:56 am

Hello

it will be highly appreciated if someone of either similar experience or someone senior could answer my question:

- I came to the UK in 2007 under TIER1 point based system.
- extended my stay in 2009.
- Got ILR in May 2012, Passed my LIUK test in Feb2012
- I need to apply for naturalization in July but i am now very confused about English Requirements. All these years and extensions I had plus ILR that i got from Home office, I have presented my original degree which was taught in English but never had to get it attested from UKNARIC or any other body. Never gave any ESOL or other english language exams..... My question is:

Am I still eligible to apply for my Naturalization based on my original documents that were accepted in 2012 as proof of English?

Kind Regards
RC

Ziuta

Post by Ziuta » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:17 am

rc0906 wrote:Hello

it will be highly appreciated if someone of either similar experience or someone senior could answer my question:

- I need to apply for naturalization in July but i am now very confused about English Requirements. All these years and extensions I had plus ILR that i got from Home office, I have presented my original degree which was taught in English but never had to get it attested from UKNARIC or any other body. Never gave any ESOL or other english language exams..... My question is:

Am I still eligible to apply for my Naturalization based on my original documents that were accepted in 2012 as proof of English?

Kind Regards
RC

I'll phone them up and ask. Normally they are very helpful
Applied: 02/06/2015
Fee deducted: 13/06/2015
Acknowledgement letter: 16/06/2015 (dated 13/06)
Biometrics: 16/06/2015
Approval: 28/11/2015

rc0906
Newly Registered

Post by rc0906 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:17 pm

Ziuta wrote:
rc0906 wrote:Hello

Kind Regards
RC

I'll phone them up and ask. Normally they are very helpful

Did phone them and they weren't sure either, very helpful but weren't sure on what to suggest. Gave me the number to call local NCS (Nationality checking service). I dont want to turn up to NCS's doorsteps with incomplete documents or i might lose my £80.

Cheers anyone else with same sort of experience please comment, Amber :idea: ?

scorpionking13
Newly Registered

Post by scorpionking13 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:25 pm

Hello guys,

I have applied for citizenship on 27/04/2015.UKBA received on 29/04/2015 and my debit card got debited on 02/06/2015.
I haven't yet received yet confirmation letter or biometrics form.

How does UKBA send confirmation letter and biometrics form? Do I have to sign for it?

many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:59 pm

scorpionking13 wrote:Hello guys,

I have applied for citizenship on 27/04/2015.UKBA received on 29/04/2015 and my debit card got debited on 02/06/2015.
I haven't yet received yet confirmation letter or biometrics form.

How does UKBA send confirmation letter and biometrics form? Do I have to sign for it?

many thanks.
Standard second class mail and probably in one of their standard brown envelopes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.