ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nat2014
Newly Registered

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Nat2014 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi guys. I got letter saying I need to attend interview on 27 th may. Basically it is my wife interview in Liverpool. She applied on 14th may 2014. After that long period still calling for interview. It was straight case as a house wife with one kid.
Anyway I will update further. Good luck to all.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun May 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Nat2014 wrote:Hi guys. I got letter saying I need to attend interview on 27 th may. Basically it is my wife interview in Liverpool. She applied on 14th may 2014. After that long period still calling for interview. It was straight case as a house wife with one kid.
Good luck to u and to ur wife. please keep us updtaed. as u said it is a straight forward case so I guess it is a good sign then, hope ur wife will rcv a decision right after. best of luck

gurudev

Post by gurudev » Wed May 20, 2015 9:13 am

Hi everyone Still waiting. 14 May my wife applied and 21 May my application both are still waiting, I am not sure how the applications are dealt.. in my case I though if we apply differently they at least one of us will get it straight, but we both are unlucky and still waiting since 1 year...

felling very helpless, very uneasy feeling can't even put into words

chrisonzen

Post by chrisonzen » Wed May 27, 2015 5:00 pm

gurudev wrote:Hi everyone Still waiting. 14 May my wife applied and 21 May my application both are still waiting, I am not sure how the applications are dealt.. in my case I though if we apply differently they at least one of us will get it straight, but we both are unlucky and still waiting since 1 year...

felling very helpless, very uneasy feeling can't even put into words
I know your feelings my friend . It will be one year next month for me as well. Good luck to us all...

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Thu May 28, 2015 11:34 am

Still waiting.. now going to 13 months ... And when
I call them up I get the same answer all the time!
"Still on Going".. "Under consideration"
Has anybody had better luck than me lately?

moxa
Newly Registered

Post by moxa » Thu May 28, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Arnizilla,

I'm in the same situation. I emailed further nationality enquiries and after a month they sent me a generic reply, the 3-6 months waiting letter, which I received 6 months ago! I emailed back saying this can't be right but still no response. I also complained and got another generic reply, they also say if you're not happy ask your MP to complain to the parliament on your behalf. I'll contact my MP next week as I'm busy just now.
Absolutely ridiculous, I honestly believe they haven't looked at my application yet and these are only generic replies to get them more time and keep you quite.

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Sun May 31, 2015 1:26 pm

Hello everybody... !!!
Any more info on the naturalisation?
Anybody received the Brown envelop?
Any news??? Any development? I'm still waiting
Over 13 months now!!

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sun May 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi there,
My waiting is over 16 month and still waiting. Yesterday I have sent a recorded complaints to home
office. Now I am just confused for the new requirements about biometric enrolment. Does anyone know about that if I will be going to be do again. Let's hope for next month.
Best wishes
Babe khyber

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:51 pm

No still waiting 13 month

moxa
Newly Registered

Post by moxa » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:57 am

still waiting

moxa
Newly Registered

Post by moxa » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi guys,

Finally received the approval yesterday. Wishing you all the best, I hope your waiting come to and end very soon.

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:33 pm

moxa wrote:Hi guys,

Finally received the approval yesterday. Wishing you all the best, I hope your waiting come to and end very soon.
Congrats ... Your waiting and frustration is over..
Now be happy and enjoy !!!

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:57 am

Everytime I call I listen to the same lecture--its not a right....in the light of new nationality instruction on 14th december blu bluh...you cant argue with them....you cannot catch these people..the letters are drafted very carefully and reviewed by the lawyers before beign sent out...and it is the same generic letter that rest of the poeple on the boat receives.... only way is to involve your MP to expedite your case (in majority cases even that does not work)

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Yeah man... Same deal with me.. Same answers
I dont know what to do no more.. I don't have
Other alternative but wait!!

WeepNotChild
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by WeepNotChild » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:06 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Hi there,
My waiting is over 16 month and still waiting. Yesterday I have sent a recorded complaints to home
office. Now I am just confused for the new requirements about biometric enrolment. Does anyone know about that if I will be going to be do again. Let's hope for next month.
Best wishes
Babe khyber
That's quite a lengthy waiting period. Hope you get sorted soon. Biometric enrolment, I think, is for people who applied after it was introduced.

moxa
Newly Registered

Post by moxa » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:57 am

When I sent a few complaints their last response to me was something like if you are not happy ask your MP to complain to Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman on your behalf. I actually did write to the MP providing all details on my correspondences with the UKVI, however once I posted the letter I found the letter when I got back home lol
my last call to the Call centre, I said I want to speak to the caseworker she said you can't, so I said you told me to wait and I did my part but you are failing to do yours and all I get is generic responses. So I asked if she can pass a note to the caseworker, she said okay I'll tell them you phoned. I also said I'm afraid you leave me no choice but to take it to Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

I don't know if that helped or it was a coincidence. All the best guys I know it's a very frustrating process. I hope you all get responses very soon.

godtimebest
Newly Registered

Post by godtimebest » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:35 pm

Nat2014 wrote:Hi guys. I got letter saying I need to attend interview on 27 th may. Basically it is my wife interview in Liverpool. She applied on 14th may 2014. After that long period still calling for interview. It was straight case as a house wife with one kid.

Did ur wife still attend her interview, please update us thanks

godtimebest
Newly Registered

Post by godtimebest » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi all,

I really need u guys advice ....

I have applied for Naturalization since September 2014....case 6years eea family member,
In February 2015 I receive 3/6 months letter.
02/04/15 original passport requested by casework
01/06/15 I made online request for my passport to be return back Because of a new employer,

Today i receive a letter requesting me to attend an interview in Liverpool and stating they don't need any documents at the interview ....

please has any members have the same experience of Naturalization/ Citizenship interview.. Any experience please, and would they still return my passport before the interview date or not because I really need it for my new job.

regards,

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm one of the waiting since May last year.

Time line,
Submitted application on 2nd of May 2014
Fee deducted on the 9th
Acknowledged on 26th
Then went quiet till December 2014. I called them, sent them a letter and complained to MP. Results, two letters saying wait another 6 months.
Called them two weeks ago, they wouldn't even take my details to check on the system. The guy was adment there was no need to check and just wait.

God help us. I have lived here for 8 years, never claimed benefit, always worked/paid taxes, bought my own house and wife EU. How long does this humiliation last for ?

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:16 am

I'm in the same situation DOODOO... Identical
Case... Not well off as you but never been in
Trouble either with police or immigration ..
Never had benefits... Always worked and I've
Been here over 12 years ... Paying my taxes and
Dues!!! Calling them is a wast of time!!
Good luck to us all!!

WeepNotChild
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by WeepNotChild » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:14 pm

I sympathise with you May '14 guys. I applied in Oct '14 but have toyed with the idea of withdrawing my application just to stop the stress.
The Home Office rarely disappoints at it's below-third-world service.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:05 am

WeepNotChild wrote:I sympathise with you May '14 guys. I applied in Oct '14 but have toyed with the idea of withdrawing my application just to stop the stress.
The Home Office rarely disappoints at it's below-third-world service.
Be it was not for the almost 1k I would had withdrawn my application by now, I don't want to be British anymore.

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:09 pm

ArniZilla and DooDoo...

Be happy as you both are clean guys. Look at me, been here more than 11 years but never bothered for Nationality until recently but been with in Trouble with all sort of things. So you guys should not loose hope and stay strong :)

Siraj! why don't you want to British any more ? :D bet you must have wasted thousands so another wont make a big difference!

And..Comment for 3rd world standards.. that's just funny...a Promised Land of milk and honey ? :P

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:42 pm

AaLipak wrote:ArniZilla and DooDoo...

Be happy as you both are clean guys. Look at me, been here more than 11 years but never bothered for Nationality until recently but been with in Trouble with all sort of things. So you guys should not loose hope and stay strong :)

Siraj! why don't you want to British any more ? :D bet you must have wasted thousands so another wont make a big difference!

And..Comment for 3rd world standards.. that's just funny...a Promised Land of milk and honey ? :P
"All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us
All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us"

So why being part of it?
Why become British when Home Office treat us as third class citizens?
When they don't want us to become British, then i don't want to be part of it either. I wish there was a way to get full refund.

Nat2014
Newly Registered

Post by Nat2014 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:10 pm

godtimebest wrote:

Did ur wife still attend her interview, please update us thanks
Hi. My wife attended interview on 27th may 2015 for the application submitted 14 May 2014.
Interview was rubbish, dead easy like where u booked English exam. Who paid. Which college u done life in UK.
Anyway she gave interview and now we are again in waiting queue. I don't know how long. As some guys after interview are waiting over three months !!!!
Wish u all the best.