ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kknb4082
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by kknb4082 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:38 pm

Application made in Person at VFS Hounslow: 10-APR-15
Registration Status at Mission: LONDON
Date of Acknowledgement : 13-APR-15
Originals Received: 21-APR-15
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On : 05-MAY-15
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On : 08-MAY-15
OCI Document received At HCI, London On : 11-MAY-15
Passports given to VFS Hounslow in person on : 14-MAY-15
Passports with OCI stickers & Booklets received : 20-MAY-15

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Fri May 29, 2015 9:08 am

Wondering if anyone can confirm this -
Is it possible to hand over the foreign passport for the OCI sticker at a different VFS Centre to where the application was originally made? For example, if the application was made in person as VFS Paddington, it is possible to hand over the passport in person for the sticker at a different VFS Centre i.e. Goswell or Hounslow?
Thanks.

davster

Post by davster » Fri May 29, 2015 10:17 am

Hi Friends,

As we all know HCI coupled with VFS is not a match made in haven. The inconsistencies between both are a normal thing. I was wondering if I could get some help on my OCI application.

Could you please confirm and/or add anything I have missed out on the documents necessary for OCI application;

1. Application form (2 copies)
2. Photographs (4 - 2 per form) 50x50
3. British Passport (Original and 2 copies, self certified?)
4. Naturalisation Certificate (Original and 2 copies, self certified?)
5. Indian Passport Surrender Certificate (Original and 2 copies, self certified?)
6. Cancelled Indian Passport (Original and 2 copies, self certified?). Does it have to be all pages or just the used pages??
7. Extortionate fees off-course.
8. Royal Mail Special Delivery envelopes x 2

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best

D

bahla
Newly Registered

Post by bahla » Fri May 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi davster,

In my case, VFS (Paddington) wanted:

1. Completed application form
Original only, no further copies were asked for.

2. Photographs 50x50
I pasted 1 photo on the application form, plus 1 other photo

3. UK Passport
Passport was returned back to me after inspection, plus 1 copy of photo page & observations page

4. Other documents
I can't comment on your documents - I had different documents to submit but only submitted originals plus 1
copy of each document. I think passports only need a copy of the photo page and observations page.

5. Royal Mail Special delivery envelopes
1 envelope was kept, 1 was barcode scanned and returned back to me.
The kept envelope is used to return you original documents in (4) back to you.
The barcode scanned envelope is for you to take back to VFS when your application is approved (along with your UK passport).
They use the envelope to return your OCI card and UK passport with an OCI sticker of some sort.

Note each photocopied pages needs to be self-attested.

Although VFS (Paddington) have a photocopier that you can use I would not rely on it working.

Good luck!

davster

Post by davster » Fri May 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply bahla.

Regarding other documents, I am planning to submit my school leaving certificate so that's fine. VFS Helpline told me to also submit the cancelled indian passport, is that necessary?

bahla
Newly Registered

Post by bahla » Fri May 29, 2015 3:10 pm

VFS Helpline told me to also submit the cancelled indian passport, is that necessary?
I don't know. My situation is different and I had to submit a different set of documents.

My advice would be to take your cancelled Indian passport with you, plus self-attested photocopies of the passport's photo and observations pages and let VFS take what they need.

Reading the messages on this forum it's clear that different VFS staff say different things to the same question. I think that this is mainly due to bad training given by VFS managers to VFS counter staff - unfortunately leading to confusion and frustration for many of us :-(

Good luck.

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Sat May 30, 2015 9:24 am

Application Method to HCI: VFS/Goswell
Application Date: 20/04/2015
Registration Status at Mission: London
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :21/04/2015
Originals Received: within in a week, can't remember the exact date
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On : 12/05/2015
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On : 13/05/2015
OCI Document received At HCI/VFS On : 19/05/2015
Handed over Passports at VFS Office: 27/05/2015
Received OCI booklet & passport: 30/05/2015

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Sun May 31, 2015 7:16 pm

NOG wrote:Wondering if anyone can confirm this -
Is it possible to hand over the foreign passport for the OCI sticker at a different VFS Centre to where the application was originally made? For example, if the application was made in person as VFS Paddington, it is possible to hand over the passport in person for the sticker at a different VFS Centre i.e. Goswell or Hounslow?
Thanks.
Could anyone advise please?

jain208

Post by jain208 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:22 am

Hi All,

The status of my OCI application shows Processed on 21st May ==> Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI ==> Document received At LONDON. The problem is that there is date only next to the Processed status. There is no date next to Document received At LONDON status. Is this a mistake or the documents haven't been received at London yet.

I have attached a screenshot of the status messages to give you a clear idea? I will appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Abhi.
Attachments
OCI-Status-Report.png
OCI-Status-Report.png (9.24 KiB) Viewed 2622 times

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:32 pm

jain208 wrote:I have attached a screenshot of the status messages to give you a clear idea? I will appreciate any help on this.
You are not alone. My application was processed on 20 May 2015, but not yet dispatched from MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI.
I don't know why such an in-ordinate delay, as I could see that for lot of people it just takes 2 to 3 days for the OCI to get it dispactched.

Is anyone else on the same boat?

RAJAGOPALANRAM
Newly Registered

Post by RAJAGOPALANRAM » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Yes I too face similar problems. My document process status is 20th May. But no dates thereafter. a bit worried since i have booked my flights for the last week of June.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:52 am

RAJAGOPALANRAM wrote:a bit worried since i have booked my flights for the last week of June.
:!:
No need to panic. We know how things work in Delhi. So, be patient.

In a worst case, you might need to apply for a visitor visa (which you can do it after say 15 of June, just to be sure you get your visa before your planned departure).
Lets hope that need wont arise.

Please do update here, in-case your status shows any change. Thanks.

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:19 am

Guys,

Do you know how long we have after "Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI" to submit the British Passport so they can link OCI and the passport?

I am planning to apply for OCI end of June. Go holiday in the 1st week of July until 1st week of Sept. Do you think I am okay to submit the Passport after my return?

ocihelp
Newly Registered

Post by ocihelp » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:30 am

Hi
I have submitted my documents to VFS Houslow on 25/05/2015. That is to get a new OCI for my child who got a new passport. When the OCI documents reached at London, I should submit the originals to VFS Hounslow. Should I need an appointment for submitting the originals? I have sent an email to helpline asking this and they said I dont need an appointment. But the vfs website which has details of all offices and under the vfs hounslow office info says I need to take appointment before I go there. Any one had any experience?

Also can I go at any time or any particular time is there for submitting the documents?

(The info under vfs houslow doesn't says about any timings but the info under some other offices says after 4 o clock)

Has anyone been to Hounslow office then please could you share your experience?

Thanks

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:44 pm

crazyvish wrote:I am planning to apply for OCI end of June. Go holiday in the 1st week of July until 1st week of Sept. Do you think I am okay to submit the Passport after my return?
Based on the available time-scale, it takes about 6 weeks to get OCI sticker on your passport from the date of application.
So, I think you will be fine if you apply on last week of June and come to collect your OCI on September.
If in doubt, give VFS a call and check with them. But, I think this is not an issue as they don't insist on any time frame within which you should take your OCI, once it is processed.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:47 am

cfdman wrote:You are not alone. My application was processed on 20 May 2015, but not yet dispatched from MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI.
I don't know why such an in-ordinate delay, as I could see that for lot of people it just takes 2 to 3 days for the OCI to get it dispactched.

Is anyone else on the same boat?
It appears that there is an issue between the MOIA and the courier company which handles the OCI card delivery, which delays the OCI dispatch process.
Refer the link
http://www.immihelp.com/experience/view ... _card.html

osterly

Post by osterly » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:20 pm

osterly wrote:
osterly wrote:Application Method to HCI: VFS/Hounslow
Application Posted On : 08-05-2015 (2 Child)
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :11.05.15
Originals Received:
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On : 01.05.2015
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On :
OCI Document received At HCI/VFS On :
Handed over Passports at VFS Office:
Received OCI booklet & passport:
shall i wait for status online (processed) then i need to go to VFS to submit passports at VFS
what is mean by originals received i did't submit any originals when i made application

osterly

Post by osterly » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:09 am

osterly wrote:
osterly wrote:
osterly wrote:Application Method to HCI: VFS/Hounslow
Application Posted On : 08-05-2015 (2 Child)
Date Of Acknowledgement (on website) :11.05.15
Originals Received:
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On : 01.06.2015
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On :
OCI Document received At HCI/VFS On :
Handed over Passports at VFS Office:
Received OCI booklet & passport:
shall i wait for status online (processed) then i need to go to VFS to submit passports at VFS
what is mean by originals received i did't submit any originals when i made application
its still showing 01.06.15 no dispatch yet any idea

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:11 am

osterly wrote:its still showing 01.06.15 no dispatch yet any idea
For people who got OCI processed on 20 May 2015 are still waiting for it to be dispatched.
Read above.
Apparently some issue in dispatching the OCI card, it seems.

GDP
Newly Registered

Post by GDP » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi Can anyone advice whether there is an onsite parking available at Leicester VFS centre if not where is the best place to park as I have an appointment next week

davster

Post by davster » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:14 am

Hi Guys,

I made my OCI application on 04/06/14 at VFS Paddington. I've tried to check my status online but unfortunately it comes up with "no records found".

Could someone please advise if the file no to use is the one starting with "GBRL" and also roughly how long does it take to get a status on the website?

Cheers

D

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:57 pm

davster wrote:Hi Guys,

I made my OCI application on 04/06/14 at VFS Paddington. I've tried to check my status online but unfortunately it comes up with "no records found".

Could someone please advise if the file no to use is the one starting with "GBRL" and also roughly how long does it take to get a status on the website?

Cheers

D
Normally it will be available on the tracking website on the next working day, but my son's application took 2 days. You have to use the British passport number and the GBRL number.

Cheers
Jobin

davster

Post by davster » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:43 am

jobinscaria wrote:

Cheers

D
Normally it will be available on the tracking website on the next working day, but my son's application took 2 days. You have to use the British passport number and the GBRL number.

Cheers
Jobin
Thank you for the reply Jobin. Is it the GBRL no on the application form or the one on the barcode sticker that VFS put on the royalmail envelope? In my case the GBRL no on the application form is different to the one VFS have generated...

jobinscaria

Post by jobinscaria » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:07 am

davster wrote:
jobinscaria wrote:

Cheers

D

Cheers
Jobin
Thank you for the reply Jobin. Is it the GBRL no on the application form or the one on the barcode sticker that VFS put on the royalmail envelope? In my case the GBRL no on the application form is different to the one VFS have generated...
It's is the one on the application form. If it's not available by COP Monday, contact them. If you ring them they can check applications just by passport number.

Mahesh Gowda
Newly Registered

Post by Mahesh Gowda » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:27 am

Cheers

D
Mine took a week to appear
So wait for at least a week