ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part time job along with studying in Canada.

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

evelynjames101
Newly Registered

Part time job along with studying in Canada.

Post by evelynjames101 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:53 am

I am looking for an opportunity for studying in Canada. I want to know if a Canadian student visa allows one to do part time job. If it doesn't, what else should be done to obtain permission to work part time along with studying? I have graduated in Computer Science and IELTS score of above 6 for reading,writing, listening and speaking, which I guess is enough for language criteria.
Anyone has some suggestions? I am planning to consult with an immigration lawyer[/url] soon, but would like an opinion before that.
Last edited by CR001 on Tue May 05, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Weblink removed - advertising not permitted

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Part time job along with studying in Canada.

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:58 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akitaN9
Newly Registered

Post by akitaN9 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Yes, you can work while studying here in Canada. Under the Off-Campus study permit you can work up to twenty hours off campus. Many universities and colleges also hire their own students to help out around campus which can be an option for you. More information on working and studying in Canada can be found through these links.
Last edited by CR001 on Tue May 05, 2015 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Weblink removed - advertising not permitted. Please take this as a warning that the account may be terminated if this continues

fahadii123

Post by fahadii123 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi,
Yes, you are allowed to work part time(20hrs) while studying but if you are planning on moving to Canada for more sort of permanent basis and have relevant work experience then you could apply for other visas as well, such as Federal Skilled worker route.
With this route you can get a Canadian Citizenship after few years too.

Message me if you have further queries.

Regards

Fahad
Immigration Consultant, London
UK, Canada, Australia

dr.me
Newly Registered

Post by dr.me » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:44 pm

akitaN9 wrote:Yes, you can work while studying here in Canada. Under the Off-Campus study permit you can work up to twenty hours off campus. Many universities and colleges also hire their own students to help out around campus which can be an option for you. More information on working and studying in Canada can be found through these links.
compliment of the

dear fahadii123 please can u help me with the federal skilled worker route.
i am currently in the uk were i obtained my master and i will like to migrate to canada .i have my wife from same country as me and kid(1 and half).we are not british.
any useful information can help from the process.thanks