ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sending bank credit cards / ATM cards fedex UK to Canada

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uwave
inactive

sending bank credit cards / ATM cards fedex UK to Canada

Post by uwave » Sat May 30, 2015 9:04 pm

I am going to travel from UK to Canada soon.

Is it safe to send bank credit cards / ATM cards by fedex from UK to Canada? I am thinking of putting then in an RFID shielded envelope so their data cannot be read.

Am I being too cautious / wrong headed to be entrusting some of my documents to FEDEX? If the postal service thinks I have bank cards / health cards / drivers licence in the fedex envelope, would that cause me any problems or is it within the normal range of what is acceptable?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: sending bank credit cards / ATM cards fedex UK to Canada

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:12 pm

Or you could just put them in your wallet or purse unless there is something strange about them or they don't belong to you :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat May 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Strangely, that thought crossed my mind too! :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

EternalOptimist
Newly Registered

Post by EternalOptimist » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:24 am

uwave wrote:I am going to travel from UK to Canada soon.

Is it safe to send bank credit cards / ATM cards by fedex from UK to Canada? I am thinking of putting then in an RFID shielded envelope so their data cannot be read.

Am I being too cautious / wrong headed to be entrusting some of my documents to FEDEX? If the postal service thinks I have bank cards / health cards / drivers licence in the fedex envelope, would that cause me any problems or is it within the normal range of what is acceptable?
As soon as you let your property out of sight, you no longer have the ability to make sure they don't get used/abused/copied/whatever.

I wouldn't do it.