ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent question about citizenship application form

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Monifé

Urgent question about citizenship application form

Post by Monifé » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:31 am

Hi all,

Our family and friends have provided written references for my husband's application with all the required information. Do they still need to sign section 14.1 of the application form?

Thanks.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Urgent question about citizenship application form

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:02 am

Monifé wrote:Hi all,

Our family and friends have provided written references for my husband's application with all the required information. Do they still need to sign section 14.1 of the application form?

Thanks.
The guidance can be found here: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Citizens ... 20note.pdf

It says: "Section 14: References This section should be completed by three Irish Citizens who are not related to you or act as a solicitor/agent for you." I think that this means they should complete and sign the form. Better safe than sorry!

DukeHazord
Newly Registered

Post by DukeHazord » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:21 pm

You need to get that filled by people who are born Irish (not naturalised, even though it doesn't specifically say but it's preferred). It needs to be filled by people who are not related to you. He can get it filled by his work colleagues or his friends. I got mine filled by work colleagues as they were happy to do so.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Thanks all.

It's my husband's application and we got my mum and uncle and his friend to fill it in as they were the easiest meet up with out of our 6 written references (one is my best friend who now lives in Scotland, my Dad and his wife who lives in Sligo and my grandparents).

His friend is naturalised Irish, hope that will be ok.

We have the 6 written ones anyway included with the app.

Submitted today, the wait is on :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:51 pm

DukeHazord wrote:You need to get that filled by people who are born Irish (not naturalised, even though it doesn't specifically say but it's preferred).
I doubt having it signed by naturalised Irish would make any difference. INIS would look pretty bad they were found to treat naturalised Irish as second class citizens whose signature is not worth as much as the one of their native countrymen and women.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 pm

jeupsy wrote:
DukeHazord wrote:You need to get that filled by people who are born Irish (not naturalised, even though it doesn't specifically say but it's preferred).
I doubt having it signed by naturalised Irish would make any difference. INIS would look pretty bad they were found to treat naturalised Irish as second class citizens whose signature is not worth as much as the one of their native countrymen and women.
Totally agree. I have no idea where that information has came from!