ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gurudev

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by gurudev » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:13 am

Hi Guys

May 21 Application still waiting....
Called a week ago to check the status ( I have to change 3 addresses in between because of employment change) the guy says I don't have system to check your application status and says just wait don't need to call !!!

very frustrated and not bothered any more....

reading the forum makes me feel bit relieved...only 0.0001% hopes left....

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:18 am

AaLipak wrote:ArniZilla and DooDoo...

Be happy as you both are clean guys. Look at me, been here more than 11 years but never bothered for Nationality until recently but been with in Trouble with all sort of things. So you guys should not loose hope and stay strong :)

Siraj! why don't you want to British any more ? :D bet you must have wasted thousands so another wont make a big difference!

And..Comment for 3rd world standards.. that's just funny...a Promised Land of milk and honey ? :P
Good Man... Thanks for The words of encouragenent
... Have a Nice day

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Everyone tells me forget about it. It will come one day. I had forgotten about it for 13 months. How long more? No idea

If you moved address, best thing to do is to submit the online form on their website. I would also do post redirection through the post office for 6months just in case it takes long for them to pick up your online submission. Although they process these things normally in 5 days.

godtimebest
Newly Registered

Post by godtimebest » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Nat2014 wrote:
godtimebest wrote:
Nat2014 wrote:Hi guys. I got letter saying I need to attend interview on 27 th may. Basically it is my wife interview in Liverpool. She applied on 14th may 2014. After that long period still calling for interview. It was straight case as a house wife with one kid.
Anyway I will update further. Good luck to all.

Did ur wife still attend her interview, please update us thanks
Hi. My wife attended interview on 27th may 2015 for the application submitted 14 May 2014.
Interview was rubbish, dead easy like where u booked English exam. Who paid. Which college u done life in UK.
Anyway she gave interview and now we are again in waiting queue. I don't know how long. As some guys after interview are waiting over three months !!!!
Wish u all the best.

Ok thanks for your reply, hope ur wife will get ur approval soon

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:42 am

doodoo2012 wrote:Everyone tells me forget about it. It will come one day. I had forgotten about it for 13 months. How long more? No idea

If you moved address, best thing to do is to submit the online form on their website. I would also do post redirection through the post office for 6months just in case it takes long for them to pick up your online submission. Although they process these things normally in 5 days.
Best advice would be to forget about it, there's nothing we can do. Is there any added benefit to becoming British apart from going holiday without needing visa to many countries?

Musto1
Newly Registered

Post by Musto1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:01 am

Greeting All.
Good news, Today i received my approval letter (well according to my wife) She called and said i have been granted naturalisation and need to contact council. TBH i don't feel very happy as i have been waiting for a very long time 13 month to be exact. i don't want to tell anyone to forget about it or call them everyday but just do what you feel is right. good luck and god bless.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:21 am

Musto1 wrote:Greeting All.
Good news, Today i received my approval letter (well according to my wife) She called and said i have been granted naturalisation and need to contact council. TBH i don't feel very happy as i have been waiting for a very long time 13 month to be exact. i don't want to tell anyone to forget about it or call them everyday but just do what you feel is right. good luck and god bless.
Congratulations and I already feel exactly the same, wishing you all the best!

Regards,
Siraj

shabba_kaka

Post by shabba_kaka » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Congratulation, I know its not an attractive movement any more for you. Its only deceleration movement if you get approval in 6 months time period. After 6 month people start disappointed. Anyway congratulation and thankful to home office on "quick" response. what is the date on letter and when you received it.

Musto1
Newly Registered

Post by Musto1 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:42 am

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:
Congratulations and I already feel exactly the same, wishing you all the best!

Regards,
Siraj

All the best to yo too

Musto1
Newly Registered

Post by Musto1 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:46 am

shabba_kaka wrote:
Congratulation, I know its not an attractive movement any more for you. Its only deceleration movement if you get approval in 6 months time period. After 6 month people start disappointed. Anyway congratulation and thankful to home office on "quick" response. what is the date on letter and when you received it.
Yea I had already given up and even started to forget that i made the app, I you all get response soon and my letter was dates the 5th june.
Good luck

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi guys,

I am grateful to his almighty. today I received my approval after long wait.

Time line,
Submitted application on 2nd of May 2014
Fee deducted on the 9th of May 2014
Acknowledged on 26th of May 2014
Then went quiet till December 2014. I called them, sent them a letter and complained to MP. Results, two letters saying wait another 6 months.
Approval date: 6th of June 2015
Received: 13th of June 2015

After over 13 months waiting, they have the guts to send me survey letter along with the letter!

All the best to all of you waiting.

Warmest wishes,

Doodoo

foufou

Post by foufou » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:51 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:Hi guys,

I am grateful to his almighty. today I received my approval after long wait.

Time line,
Submitted application on 2nd of May 2014
Fee deducted on the 9th of May 2014
Acknowledged on 26th of May 2014
Then went quiet till December 2014. I called them, sent them a letter and complained to MP. Results, two letters saying wait another 6 months.
Approval date: 6th of June 2015
Received: 13th of June 2015

After over 13 months waiting, they have the guts to send me survey letter along with the letter!

All the best to all of you waiting.

Warmest wishes,

Doodoo
congratulation doodoo ,if u don't mind to ask u if ur application was straight forward ? do u had overstay period ?
thanks

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:27 am

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:
doodoo2012 wrote:Everyone tells me forget about it. It will come one day. I had forgotten about it for 13 months. How long more? No idea

Best advice would be to forget about it, there's nothing we can do. Is there any added benefit to becoming British apart from going holiday without needing visa to many countries?
In fact as long as you have ILR in your passport and valid schengen visa to any country in Europe. You don't need any more passports in my opinion unless you want to vote.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:18 am

Manchester171 wrote:
Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:

In fact as long as you have ILR in your passport and valid schengen visa to any country in Europe. You don't need any more passports in my opinion unless you want to vote.
Aye, but travelling to London for Schengen visa from the North like us lot is a lot of hassle :(

Can you apply for Schengen visa without travelling to European Embassies? By post?

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:57 am

Straight forward application.

I came in 2007 as a refugee, finished my 5 years, applied for ILR (took them 9 months to approve it in 2012) and applied for naturalisation as per my timeline.

I never had any problems like overstay etc etc.

It is really nerves burning waiting for this specially if you have exams etc to do for your career and you want to travel around.

I hope you all get your approval asap.

All the best,

Doodoo

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:40 am

Congratulations doodo, Are you single or a family applicants? I am still waiting since 20/ Feb 2014. The home office investigation my any possible war crimes involvement that is why my application has taken long but they didn't discover anything. Because I didn't involved a such activities or any kind of crim against humanity.
Doodo, what is your gaps period in arrival date or asylum day please? I think this a second factor. My time is just different 2 days due to weekends.
Best wishes for your future.
Babe khyber

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:

Aye, but travelling to London for Schengen visa from the North like us lot is a lot of hassle :(

:D :D too ritght pal, take it you applied through Rutherglen NCS then ? :) Becoming British is A Privilege :P Entry Clearing Officer need not to type in so many keys so we would be Privileged :!: :lol:

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:17 pm

thank you all. I hope you all get your approval very soon.
so they want feedback in regard to their service :roll: great service i guess :D

Babe khyber, it was single application.
for the asylum, I applied same day I arrived. the gap was couple of hours no more. But I don't think this is matter.
I remember your username from 2012 when we were waiting for ILR, not sure if you remember me ! my heart and prays with you. I wish you get your approval soon.

dalvin
Newly Registered

Post by dalvin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for the Home office to respond after requesting additional information? I applied for naturalization on the 14th of May 2014 - received a letter on the 25th of May 2015 requesting that i provide more information explaining how i looked after myself between a certain period - this information was needed by the 11th of June. i engaged a solicitor and responded to them on the 8th of june 2015 - now what is the timeframe for the case worker to respond with either bad or good news??

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am

6 months from application so anytime until November

Arnizilla

Post by Arnizilla » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Hey Folks... I have just received my citizenship
Approval... Today 13:05 ... It was a long 13 months
Wait... Thank you all for the support.. I hope you
All get yours soon.. God Bless!!

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Am i the only 1 who is still waiting since may 2014. .......??

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 pm

You are not alone I am waiting since February 2014 now running in 17 month and no body know when is my waiting is overring but nothing we can do appart from waiting.
Anyway good luck and just wait.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

dalvin
Newly Registered

Post by dalvin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:25 am

[quote="dalvin"]Eligibility criteria: Family member of an EEA Nationl for 5yrs & 1yr 2 weeks on Permanent Residence Card
Language criteria met (Life in the UK Test & B1 test)
Current nationality: Zimbabwean
Method of application: Post
Council name if NCS used: Not used
Date of application: 10 May 2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12 May 2014
Date of aknowlegment: 19 May 2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19 May 2014
Date approval received: 17 June 2015
Date ceremony Invitation letter received: 30 June 2015
Date of ceremony: 01 July 2015

dalvin
Newly Registered

Post by dalvin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:31 am

It has been a long wait for me but finally got there - had my ceremony yesterday - will apply for passport in three weeks time as now going on holiday. Keep the faith and thank you all for sharing experiences. i will always refer folks to this forum for advice. cheerio!