ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

trety rights self sufficiency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

janekpoland
Newly Registered

trety rights self sufficiency

Post by janekpoland » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:45 am

hi im janek. I moved to UK in jan 2009 and started in university in October 2009. can I include the january-october 2009 period on the basis of self-suffiency please and start exersising EU rights with self-sufficiency? I had an European Healh Insurance Card from Poland covering that period and had between 7 and 9 thousand pounds in my british bank account (can prove it with statements) and did not claim any allowances or benefits either. can you help please? thank you!!!!

janekpoland
Newly Registered

Re: trety rights self sufficiency

Post by janekpoland » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:48 am

janekpoland wrote:hi im janek. I moved to UK in jan 2009 and started in university in October 2009. can I include the january-october 2009 period on the basis of self-suffiency please and start exersising EU rights with self-sufficiency? I had an European Healh Insurance Card from Poland covering that period and had between 7 and 9 thousand pounds in my british bank account (can prove it with statements) and did not claim any allowances or benefits either. can you help please? thank you!!!!
Anyone?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Had you applied your registration certificate (EEA1) at that time or before June 2011?? Or were you dependent on any of your EU family member who was exercising its treaty rights during that period?
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

janekpoland
Newly Registered

Post by janekpoland » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:25 am

sheraz7 wrote:Had you applied your registration certificate (EEA1) at that time or before June 2011?? Or were you dependent on any of your EU family member who was exercising its treaty rights during that period?
No I wasn't dependent and I only applied for/been issued with a PR last year december.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:21 pm

janekpoland wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:Had you applied your registration certificate (EEA1) at that time or before June 2011?? Or were you dependent on any of your EU family member who was exercising its treaty rights during that period?
No I wasn't dependent and I only applied for/been issued with a PR last year december.
If you already have PR then now you are free from exercising any treaty right and can proceed to British naturalization after completing one year. There is a separate section about that under same forum.
REGARDS

janekpoland
Newly Registered

Post by janekpoland » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:21 pm

sorry but thats not what the question was. I have pr but will be applying earlier than 12 mnths as have now been in the uk an exercised eu rights for 5+1 year.

Question is: can you start the period you rely on PR/citizenship with self sufficiency or do you have to work be a student first?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:43 pm

REGARDS