ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usman81

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by usman81 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:37 am

valw wrote:
jingzh wrote:
GOd Helps wrote:hey any one from mid april waiting for the fee to be deducted?
my application was received on 17th april no fee deducted yet
any suggesstions
I have applied on 11.05, not had mine deducted.
Someone on other forum applied 05.05 not had theirs deducted either.

Hi Jingzh,
It seems that the average waiting time at the moment between HO receiving application and fees being deducted is 20 - 25 days. Longest on this forum - 38 days (that's for applications made after 6 April).
If you guys have not even received acknowledgement and biometrics letters then it's worth calling HO 03001232253 option 1 and 4
I am no one only GOD knows the best

jingzh

Post by jingzh » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:46 am

valw wrote:
jingzh wrote:
GOd Helps wrote:hey any one from mid april waiting for the fee to be deducted?
my application was received on 17th april no fee deducted yet
any suggesstions

Hi Jingzh,
It seems that the average waiting time at the moment between HO receiving application and fees being deducted is 20 - 25 days. Longest on this forum - 38 days (that's for applications made after 6 April).
Thanks.
I'm aware of the waiting time. There's nothing I could do if they'd lost my application. :(

valw
Newly Registered

Post by valw » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:59 am

Someone on other forum applied 05.05 not had theirs deducted either.[/quote]

Hi Jingzh,
It seems that the average waiting time at the moment between HO receiving application and fees being deducted is 20 - 25 days. Longest on this forum - 38 days (that's for applications made after 6 April).[/quote]

Thanks.
I'm aware of the waiting time. There's nothing I could do if they'd lost my application. :([/quote]

Maybe fax and email them. nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk or fax 01512132974. Let us know how they respond.

jingzh

Post by jingzh » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 am

valw wrote:I have applied on 11.05, not had mine deducted.

Hi Jingzh,
It seems that the average waiting time at the moment between HO receiving application and fees being deducted is 20 - 25 days. Longest on this forum - 38 days (that's for applications made after 6 April).[/quote]

Thanks.
I'm aware of the waiting time. There's nothing I could do if they'd lost my application. :([/quote]

Maybe fax and email them. nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk or fax 01512132974. Let us know how they respond.[/quote]

I'm going to wait till july.
It's only 29 days from they received it. So I'm going to chill. :)

Floj
Newly Registered

Post by Floj » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:10 am

Still waiting from 04/07/2014
It's a straight forward application been on ILR for 11 years no criminal record no penalties nothing
received the scrutinity letter mid January 2015 never heard from them since.
I would like to write to them if anyone would be kind and drop some info as I've called home office couple of times and no info given.
good luck to you guys
Will update if any news

spikey

Post by spikey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:58 am

***UPDATE****

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years of Tier 1 + 1 Year of ILR
Language criteria met: UK MastersDegree
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Tower Hamlets
Date of application: 28/05/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29/05/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 10/June/2015
Date of acknowledgment: Pending
Date of receipt by Biometric info: Pending
Date of Submission of Biometric info: Pending
Date approval received: Pending
Date of ceremony: Pending

jabsbini

Post by jabsbini » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:07 pm

Hello Zah,

And fortunedreamz999 , Usman81

Those who asked me about the call I made to UKVI, I had applied on 14th April, and recd acknowledgement letter on 13th May dated 8th May and I waited for a long time for biometrics letter as people in this forum had told me that since I applied after 6th April I will surely get biometrics letter and I was worried that my Biometric letter was lost in the post. I had posted this question in this group saying that I applied as British Spouse staying in this country for three years. I applied for ILR in April 2014 when I completed two years in this country, got my approval in September 2014 with Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) (had enrolled biometrics for it in June 2014), then in April 2015 I completed three years in this country then applied for Naturalisation and submitted the BRP as part of supporting documents and was pretty sure I would not be asked for Biometrics but when I posted this question here everybody was more confident that I needed biometrics to be done and some even said 'I did not read the form properly and also that people post unnecessary things without reading Instructions and this is for timeline only etc). Anyways I called up UKVI on 25th May on 03001232253 and spoke to the department which talked about applications who have crossed the 6 month mark as I was told to choose that automated number by a customer care officer who answered my call first and a helpful customer care officer afterwards gave me this information that I will not be required biometrics as I submitted my BRP and they have my biometric records in their system.

Hope you have got your answers.

Thanks
Bini

Sorry, don,t want to disturb you but I have been getting different answers to the same question on subsequent calls when some one else answered the call, not now but at the time of Ilr. So I think they are also not well aware of these fast changes in rules. They have biometric record of all off us applying for the nationality but they say that, they want our biometrics again because they want to confirm that we are the same people who were given the immigration and ILR and so is saying usman as below.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1193198[/quote]

Hey ChOudhry1

You are absolutely right. sorry who got misled by my post. I recently got my biometric request letter dated 2nd June. Looks like they had sent me one earlier which probably got lost in the post and they sent me a biometric request letter again after they read my email where I had written that I haven't got my biometric letter with the acknowledgement letter. My concern is the UKVI doesn't have well informed officers on the phone. wasting time and money on calls to them is useless. just email them and wait for 20 working days for action to be taken on your email.

My timeline is

Eligibility criteria: 3 years British Spouse (Applied with new form and fee)
Language criteria met: IELTS + Life in The UK Test
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 14/04/2015
Application Received : 15/04/2015 (tracked on royal mail site)
Payment method: Cheque
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 14/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 13/05/2014 (dated 08/05/2014 - late clearance of fees as its a cheque payment)
Date of Biometric Letter received: 04/06/2015 (dated 02/06/2015) - surprising I got a second class post in 2 days
Biometric Enrolment: 09/06/2015
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

thanks
Jabsbini

aakuij
Newly Registered

Post by aakuij » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:49 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5+1 years Tier 1 + ILR(Applied with new form and fee)
Method of application: NCS Oxford
Date of application: 27/05/2015
Application Received : 28/05/2015 (tracked on thedx.co.uk)
Payment method: CCard
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Yet to debit
Date of acknowledgment Email received: 10/06/2015
Date of Biometric Letter received: Waiting
Biometric Enrolment: Waiting

khani

Post by khani » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi

Any one Help, I am going to apply for BC, But I have been out for 99 days in last 12 months, can someone please tell me would it be a problem ??? thanks

etelsa

Post by etelsa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:20 pm

etelsa wrote:Number of applications: 1
Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Life in UK + IELTS
Method of application: Camden Council NCS
Date of application: 09/05/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 02/06/2015
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 06/06/2015 (dated 02/06/2015)
Biometrics done:08/06/2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of acknowledgment Email:
Date of acknowledgment Post:
Date approval received:

Will keep you posted!

etelsa

Post by etelsa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 pm

etelsa wrote:Number of applications: 1
Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: Life in UK + IELTS
Method of application: Camden Council NCS
Date of application: 09/05/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 06/06/2015 (dated 02/06/2015)
Biometrics done:08/06/2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of acknowledgment Email:
Date of acknowledgment Post:
Date approval received:

Will keep you posted!

shabba_kaka

Post by shabba_kaka » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:34 pm

khani wrote:Hi

Any one Help, I am going to apply for BC, But I have been out for 99 days in last 12 months, can someone please tell me would it be a problem ??? thanks
You allow to out of UK for 90 days in last 12 months and 540 days in last 5 years time. You can apply after 12 month from the date you been away in last time.

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:31 am

jabsbini wrote:Hello Zah,

And fortunedreamz999 , Usman81

Those who asked me about the call I made to UKVI, I had applied on 14th April, and recd acknowledgement letter on 13th May dated 8th May and I waited for a long time for biometrics letter as people in this forum had told me that since I applied after 6th April I will surely get biometrics letter and I was worried that my Biometric letter was lost in the post. I had posted this question in this group saying that I applied as British Spouse staying in this country for three years. I applied for ILR in April 2014 when I completed two years in this country, got my approval in September 2014 with Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) (had enrolled biometrics for it in June 2014), then in April 2015 I completed three years in this country then applied for Naturalisation and submitted the BRP as part of supporting documents and was pretty sure I would not be asked for Biometrics but when I posted this question here everybody was more confident that I needed biometrics to be done and some even said 'I did not read the form properly and also that people post unnecessary things without reading Instructions and this is for timeline only etc). Anyways I called up UKVI on 25th May on 03001232253 and spoke to the department which talked about applications who have crossed the 6 month mark as I was told to choose that automated number by a customer care officer who answered my call first and a helpful customer care officer afterwards gave me this information that I will not be required biometrics as I submitted my BRP and they have my biometric records in their system.

Hope you have got your answers.

Thanks
Bini

Sorry, don,t want to disturb you but I have been getting different answers to the same question on subsequent calls when some one else answered the call, not now but at the time of Ilr. So I think they are also not well aware of these fast changes in rules. They have biometric record of all off us applying for the nationality but they say that, they want our biometrics again because they want to confirm that we are the same people who were given the immigration and ILR and so is saying usman as below.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1193198

Hey ChOudhry1

You are absolutely right. sorry who got misled by my post. I recently got my biometric request letter dated 2nd June. Looks like they had sent me one earlier which probably got lost in the post and they sent me a biometric request letter again after they read my email where I had written that I haven't got my biometric letter with the acknowledgement letter. My concern is the UKVI doesn't have well informed officers on the phone. wasting time and money on calls to them is useless. just email them and wait for 20 working days for action to be taken on your email.

My timeline is

Eligibility criteria: 3 years British Spouse (Applied with new form and fee)
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 14/04/2015
Application Received : 15/04/2015 (tracked on royal mail site)
Payment method: Cheque
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 14/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 13/05/2014 (dated 08/05/2014 - late clearance of fees as its a cheque payment)
Date of Biometric Letter received: 04/06/2015 (dated 02/06/2015) - surprising I got a second class post in 2 days
Biometric Enrolment: 09/06/2015

thanks
Jabsbini[/quote]
Thank you and best of luck.
Choudhry

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:32 am

According to my analysis, what they are doing at the moment is clearing all Jan/Feb/March backlog before moving to post April / post biometric applications. They strategy would be to clear all old rule / pre biometric applications first. Currently people who applied in Jan are receiving approvals, even Feb are on hold. So it looks like my guess for August is correct seeing last year timelines. Throughout June, they will process Jan/Feb applications. In July, they will finish Feb/March and then April ones / post biometric apps should expect in August.

ravib_10
Newly Registered

Post by ravib_10 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:54 am

Had that been the case, why did we receive our biometric letters?

JamesBrodie

Post by JamesBrodie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:15 am

I imagine that happens automatically once your application is registered and the fee deducted.
Naturalisation App: 25/3
Receipt by UKBA: 26/3
Email Ack/Fee taken: 13/4
Approval: 8/5 (Dated: 2/5)
Ceremony: 27/5

Passport App: 3/6 via PO
Receipt of App: 4/6
Interview Letter: 10/6
Return of Docs: 11/6
Interview: 15/6
Printed: 16/6
Arrived: 17/6

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:31 am

ravib_10 wrote:Had that been the case, why did we receive our biometric letters?
Surely biometric/acknowledgement is sent at first stage of the process i.e fee deduction....after that they put it in queue for a case worker.

khani

Post by khani » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:27 pm

shabba_kaka wrote:

You allow to out of UK for 90 days in last 12 months and 540 days in last 5 years time. You can apply after 12 month from the date you been away in last time.

Hi thanks for reply, but I read in ukba guidelines that upto 100 days could be disregarded by case worker , has anyone know about this ?? has anyone been refused for more than 90 days out in last 12 months ?? thanks

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:00 pm

khani wrote:
shabba_kaka wrote:

Hi thanks for reply, but I read in ukba guidelines that upto 100 days could be disregarded by case worker , has anyone know about this ?? has anyone been refused for more than 90 days out in last 12 months ?? thanks
Better to wait then to lose fee. Now a days they need excuse to refuse you.

mkashifakram
Newly Registered

Post by mkashifakram » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:36 pm

Eligibility Criteria: Tier 1 + 1 Year ILR
Method of Application: NCS Hounslow
Date of Sending Application: 19 May 2015
Date of Application Delivery: ...
Date of Debit of Fees: 11 June 2015 (Cheque)
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement:
Biometrics Request:
Biometrics Submitted:
Date of Receipt of Approval:
Date of Ceremony:

stoofie
Newly Registered

Post by stoofie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:46 pm

khani wrote:Hi thanks for reply, but I read in ukba guidelines that upto 100 days could be disregarded by case worker , has anyone know about this ?? has anyone been refused for more than 90 days out in last 12 months ?? thanks
This may or may not be applicable to the naturalisation process, so don't take this as firm advice. When I applied for ILR, there was a similar limit (180 days over 5 years), and I was well over it. Part of the reason was that we have a fairly generous leave allocation at work, we have a benefit that allows us to buy more days leave, we get an extra day of annual leave for every year completed service, so it adds up to more than 180 days over three years.

To add to that, I was working volunteering for holiday and weekend shifts, in return for days off when ever I choose, saving these up and taking them a week at a time, sometimes adding to annual leave. I spend all of my free time travelling, so almost all of it is spent abroad. Furthermore, I have been abroad for work a number of times.

So what I did was make a list of my annual leave per year, list the days free I got in return for shift work, and list the work trips I was on, and ask my HR department to put that in a letter and state that the days I was away are inline with the days I legitimately had off or were on work business. This was enough for the case worker.

From what I understand, they want to make sure that you don't actually live anywhere else. Since I had hoarded all my flight booking and hotel booking confirmations over the year, I could show that I didn't live anywhere else.

damodarnaidugali
Newly Registered

Post by damodarnaidugali » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:55 pm

damodarnaidugali wrote:
damodarnaidugali wrote:
damodarnaidugali wrote:Eligibility criteria:5 Years Tier1 General + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria : Life in UK + PBS
Method of application: Solicitor (Post)
Date of application:08/May/2015
Payment method:Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/May/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 01/06/2015
Biometric letter received: 10/06/2015
Biometric enrolled: 11/06/2015

jojo351

Post by jojo351 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Eligibility criteria:10 Years + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria : Life in UK + Certificate
Method of application: posted myself
Date of application:28/March/2015
Payment method:Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/March/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/April/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 16/April/2015

Dear all, I am holding a thought that has been troubling since I realised it.

There was an gap issue happened in 2007, it turned my ILR application down in 2013 which was initially refused due to such a gap of 89 days. I had solicitor submitted reconsideration based on the ground of that the refusal was unlawful: compounded results of the followings:

back to 2007, HO office posted my application back to the wrong address----this caused my have only a week to lodge a new application which was in time before visa expired.

Then there were a three further documents requests until the it was sorted out. the 89 days above I mentioned is calculated from last visa expiry date to new visa start date.

My Solicitor challenged that the first refusal was unlawful, the gap is within 28days and ask a discretion reconsideration.

The outcome was that ILR being granted. My take is that HO accepted this gap.

Naively I thought after 12 month, application of Naturalisation would be a straightforward case since I have no other concerns of conviction or what so ever. So I submitted my naturalisation application myself and it seems joined queue after received acknowledge letter two month ago.

The thought troubles me is: under the tightened good character requirement, certainly the drama I explained happened in 2007 will show up on the system as an overstay, will it lead to an automatic rejection?

I think HO case work will go through the material that my solicitor provided and can I hold hope towards that a senior case work (very likely to be handed to) will take a look of the case? such like how the ILR was granted and base on what ground it was granted given the fact of that gap?

I now slightly feel regret to not consult it with the same solicitor who was very helpful with the ILR and I am prepare for the worst but hope for the best outcome :roll:

Just wondering if anyone had or heard similar cases of naturalisation with previous overstay, although in my case it is relatively short, however, 1 day of overstay in their database will be only reckoned as overstay, I tend to not comfort myself by the length of it.

Would be really loverly to hear some opinions.....on the upside, I didn't get an auto refusal after 73days so far---pessimistically thinking that perhaps my case simply hasn't been viewed just yet.

faributt
Newly Registered

Post by faributt » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:29 pm

Eligibility criteria:5 Years Tier1 General + 1 Year ILR
Date of application:20/03/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA:26 /03/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/04/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 17/04/2015
Date approval received: 29/05/2015
Date of ceremony: 11/06/2015

Best of luck for every one waiting for their decision

jojo351

Post by jojo351 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:19 pm

faributt wrote:Eligibility criteria:5 Years Tier1 General + 1 Year ILR
Date of application:20/03/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA:26 /03/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/04/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 17/04/2015
Date approval received: 29/05/2015
Date of ceremony: 11/06/2015

Best of luck for every one waiting for their decision