ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

askhan

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by askhan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:10 pm

kpatel wrote:
askhan wrote:On what visa she is currently on ?
2009-2011 dependent of old style workprmit
2011-2013 Main applicant of Tier4
2013-2017 currently on dependent of Tier2

So looking at dates she will need another extension to complete 5 years. on Tier2.
Previous visa time will not count. so you have to apply for her extension.

Moderators and seniors please advise if this is true or not.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

kpatel
BANNED

Post by kpatel » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:20 pm

askhan wrote:
kpatel wrote:
askhan wrote:On what visa she is currently on ?
2009-2011 dependent of old style workprmit
2011-2013 Main applicant of Tier4
2013-2016 currently on dependent of Tier2 (3 year)

So looking at dates she will need another extension to complete 5 years. on Tier2.
Previous visa time will not count. so you have to apply for her extension.

Moderators and seniors please advise if this is true or not.
Once I convert my 10 year LR ILR she can not continue on current Tier2 dependent visa.

saady
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saady » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:17 pm

SEL7 wrote:
UK007 wrote:
saady wrote:Hi guys,

Thankyou very much for your time. I will try to make it short and precise.

Date of entry clearance: 15/05/2005
date of entry in UK: 17/09/2005

Date when ILR is due: 17/09/2015 (able to apply 20/08/2015 as i can send my application 28 days prior to when my ILR is due)

Current visa status: was given tier 4 visa in september 2015 till january 2016 but because government wants to shut down every educational institute it touches. I have been given curtailment letter and my visa is restricted to 3rd august 2015 making me short of 17 days in order to apply for ILR.

Question: It also states on the letter that after 28 days from 3rd of august 2015, i will be considered over stayer > Am i right in thinking that i can utilize these 28 days to make up for the 17 days I require. Will it be a safe option?

1.Do i have any other options? I am cohabiting with EU partner, can it help me in any way, although i would rather avoid this route as much as possible.

2. Since i have been a student with no right of work, do i still need to show my financial records i.e bank statements etc.

Please guide!
Answer for Q1: From what I understand you can apply for FLR (FP) when your visa expires, by the time HO send you confirmation letter and Biometric letter, 17 days will pass. After 17 days you can apply for SET (LR) with a cover letter requesting to defer your FLR(FP) to SEL (LR).

Answer for Q2: For your SET(LR) only documents you need is "Life in the UK test certificate" & English Language certificate...
Yes the best thing is to vary your application after you meet the requirements.Why don't you have the right to work as a student? or was your last visa a visiting student visa?
can senior members please comment on this?

omar1978

Post by omar1978 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi

im planning to apply for ilr on the basis of 10 years.im now in tier 1 G and i have wife and uk born baby... can anyone help me by providing the list of documents i need with the application.
will be gratefull..

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:32 am

Hi All,
If i use Premium One day Service For my ILR
can i still apply in person 28 days before my ten years are complete
OR Wait to complete my full 10 years and then apply in person.

Thnaks.. :D
Last edited by batley12 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:41 am

omar1978 wrote:Hi

im planning to apply for ilr on the basis of 10 years.im now in tier 1 G and i have wife and uk born baby... can anyone help me by providing the list of documents i need with the application.
will be gratefull..

Hi, these are the documets required:
1) Passport (as Proof of 10 year stay in uk)
2) Life in the UK test result
3) English Proficeincy (B1 Level)

You need to apply as an indvidual you CANNOT add dependants on your application,
Your wife can apply individually if she qualifies on her own
after you get your ILR, you can register you child as a BRITISH citizen.

swa
Newly Registered

Post by swa » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:19 pm

batley12 wrote:Hi All,

Yes you can, yesterday I was granted ilr(lr) in person 25 days before completion of 10 years.

Good Luck

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:27 pm

swa wrote:

Yes you can, yesterday I was granted ilr(lr) in person 25 days before completion of 10 years.

Good Luck

thanks, Which Application centre did you go for.... :D :D

swa
Newly Registered

Post by swa » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi good people,

Have been a silent observer on this forum. Now my turn to share!

Granted ilr(lr) yesterday 5yrs study + 2 yrs post study + 3 yrs EEA2

Total absences in 10yrs = 36 days, One gap of 2days
Docs Summitted = Passport, Life in Uk, Degree, 3yrs proof of treaty rights from my wife + MC ( Caseworker did not even ask for this although it is required as per application form)

Process took 2.5hrs approx and totally premium ( addressed as sir and fully respected e.t.c.)

Will recommend premium service anytime and felt like I was welcome in UK. All looking cheerful.

Now awaiting BRP, do not know how soon ( Told to expect in 7 working days ). Any timeline on this?

Will welcome any questions please

Good luck to all waiting.....My respect as I know the feeling!

swa
Newly Registered

Post by swa » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

batley12 wrote:
swa wrote:

Good Luck

thanks, Which Application centre did you go for.... :D :D
Birmingham, totally premium experience from security to caseworker. Highly recommended ( Obviously a bit biased here lol)

sa7e
Newly Registered

Post by sa7e » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:23 pm

swa wrote:Hi good people,

Docs Summitted = Passport, Life in Uk, Degree, 3yrs proof of treaty rights from my wife + MC ( Caseworker did not even ask for this although it is required as per application form)

Process took 2.5hrs approx and totally premium ( addressed as sir and fully respected e.t.c.)

Will recommend premium service anytime and felt like I was welcome in UK. All looking cheerful.

Now awaiting BRP, do not know how soon ( Told to expect in 7 working days ). Any timeline on this?

by MC you mean marriage certificate ?? what about your p60, bank statements, payslips, EEA partner bank statements and payslips and proof of cohabitation. I'm have exactly the same situation and will apply in November. The way you described sounds too good to be true.

G M

Post by G M » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Dear All,

Please kindly reply as this is a very urgent matter.

I will be applying for my 10 years long residence very soon. All the documentation is very straight forward.

One thing i am concerned is that when i first traveled from UK to Pakistan in Jan 2007 on Holidays (obviously Heathrow doesn't put the exist stamp) the entry stamp in Pakistan on my passport is not very clear. Month and year is shown clear i.e JAN 2007 but the date is not very clear and is very hard to read. (assuming it was 5th Jan 2007 but not sure and no airline ticket to prove). However it was a one month trip and came back on 6th February 2007 and stamp is very clear for the arrival date to UK.

Will the case worker raise any concern for this date missing? or should i just send my application with 5th Jan 2007 as departure date.

Thanking in advance.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing the great info , actually I have exactly the same case ur but unfortunately I post my application just before PEO services was introduces just after I applied and bit regretting now.
Would u mind to share was ur EEA partner was worker or Self EMP? As my EEA partner is worker for last 2 years and before Self Emp and I have submitted only last 3 months payslips and Bank statements with employer letter confirming employment.

Regards
Khan

G M

Post by G M » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Dear All,

I will be applying for my 10 years long residence very soon. All the documentation is very straight forward.

One thing i am concerned is that when i first traveled from UK to Pakistan in Jan 2007 on Holidays (obviously Heathrow doesn't put the exist stamp) the entry stamp in Pakistan on my passport is not very clear. Month and year is shown clear i.e JAN 2007 but the date is not very clear and is very hard to read. (assuming it was 5th Jan 2007 but not sure and no airline ticket to prove). However it was a one month trip and came back on 6th February 2007 and stamp is very clear for the arrival date to UK.

Will the case worker raise any concern for this date missing? or should i just send my application with 5th Jan 2007 as departure date.

Thanking in advance.
G M

G M

Post by G M » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Dear All,

Thanking in advance.
G M

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:52 pm

G M wrote:Dear All,

Thanking in advance.
G M

It wouldn't be a problem as U said it was one month trip and 1 or 2 day here and there wouldn't make big difference unless u are right the edge of total days spent outside UK limit in 10 years and U can always explain this in ur covering letter.

Regards
Khan

G M

Post by G M » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:54 pm

many thanks for your response.

Do you think i should highlight this in the cover letter. as i am not sending cover letter.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:04 pm

G M wrote:many thanks for your response.

Do you think i should highlight this in the cover letter. as i am not sending cover letter.
It's ur choice but it's good idea if u submit cover letter as general and highlight the issues u if u have any.

Regards
Khan

G M

Post by G M » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Thank you.

to be honest i am not planning to highlight it. as in the application form i have written 5th JAN 2007.

Does UKBA have access to the travelling data i did in the past 10 years..If yes they can always check.

Mysterymeow

Post by Mysterymeow » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:46 am

Ok, there appears to be one approval come through this week. Lets hope for more!

Zaidii

Post by Zaidii » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi, just a quick update.
I've received my ILR approval letter my passports and TheBRP today. Just to recap I was on appeal since June 2013 after my visa was refused (Dependent of T1 Entrepreneur) my hearing was scheduled for the 9th of June, I withdrew my appeal in May got the confirmation/order on the 29th of May, went to the PEO at Sheffield and applied for settlement under Long Residence on the 2nd of June.
I didn't get the decision on th day as I didn't have my passports ()they were kept by home office when my visa was refused in 2013.
Today I got a call from my solicitor that ILR being granted and he has received all my passports and BRP.
This forum was great help and I'd like to thank Olsunkanmi, Obie, Zee ali and anyone who had taken time out and gave me advise, I really appreciate so a big THANK to everyone and the almighty ALLAH

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:24 pm

Good Evening,

I am applying for 10 year ILR,

Will Home office ask me details (Documents) about my previous Visa's or my current Visa i.e. Entrepreneur Visa, questions like business administration, staff recruitment, investment etc?

swa
Newly Registered

Post by swa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:59 pm

sa7e wrote:

by MC you mean marriage certificate ?? what about your p60, bank statements, payslips, EEA partner bank statements and payslips and proof of cohabitation. I'm have exactly the same situation and will apply in November. The way you described sounds too good to be true.
Yes, Marriage Certificate. I supplied P60s for previous years, monthly payslips from June 2014 to date and letter from my wife's employer detailing her position and employment. No bank statements or other documents supplied. My observation was that the caseworker wasn't too keen on photocopying unnecessary documents and yes I was in a big shock ( I remember saying to the caseworker " Wow, is this it?" lol. Over time, I had the perception that caseworkers will try to look for any reason to refuse an application. My experience was totally at odds with my perception.
Hope this helps you sir/madame

swa
Newly Registered

Post by swa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Khan1980 wrote:

Thanks a lot for sharing the great info , actually I have exactly the same case ur but unfortunately I post my application just before PEO services was introduces just after I applied and bit regretting now.
Would u mind to share was ur EEA partner was worker or Self EMP? As my EEA partner is worker for last 2 years and before Self Emp and I have submitted only last 3 months payslips and Bank statements with employer letter confirming employment.

Regards
Khan
Hello Khan,

Sure, don't mind. My wife is a worker since 2009. She has had 3 employers since then. I think (not solicitor though) a letter from employer covering relevant period will be fine as they can always verify or corroborate your evidence. It's now just a waiting game for you as you have already made your application. Hope this helps in some way!

Best of Luck

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Zaidii wrote:Hi, just a quick update.
I've received my ILR approval letter my passports and TheBRP today. Just to recap I was on appeal since June 2013 after my visa was refused (Dependent of T1 Entrepreneur) my hearing was scheduled for the 9th of June, I withdrew my appeal in May got the confirmation/order on the 29th of May, went to the PEO at Sheffield and applied for settlement under Long Residence on the 2nd of June.
I didn't get the decision on th day as I didn't have my passports ()they were kept by home office when my visa was refused in 2013.
Today I got a call from my solicitor that ILR being granted and he has received all my passports and BRP.
This forum was great help and I'd like to thank Olsunkanmi, Obie, Zee ali and anyone who had taken time out and gave me advise, I really appreciate so a big THANK to everyone and the almighty ALLAH
Congrats Zaidii. Lucky man. Expecting a party from u now.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided