ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usman81

Re: April 2015 Naturalization application Timeline ONLY

Post by usman81 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:20 pm

usman81 wrote:Is anyone who applied mid or end of april still waiting for his/her biometrics invitaion letter? It seems that HO can't handle the situation as many appear to have not received it yet.I emailed them at nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but no reply. Any other option to try?
thanks
UPDATE I phoned them again and first time without any questions advisor admitted that I should have received biometric invitation letter by now for case submitted on april 20. He referred this again to HO caseworker team to call me within next 2 working days. I told him first reference was entered last tuesday to be followed up by call from HO in next 3 working days but never received any.

Utterly mismanaged department and worst service for that much of a fee!
I am no one only GOD knows the best

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:31 pm

hi

is any one waiting from mid April whose fee has not been deducted?
my application was received on 17 april still no fee deducted I am getting worried now.

usman81

Post by usman81 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:58 pm

GOd Helps wrote:hi

my application was received on 17 april still no fee deducted I am getting worried now.
What about biometrics and acknowledgement letter, did you receive them? I know someone whose Tier 1 (G) fee was not deducted. So you might well be in line for a party :) That said, make sure you keep your account balance if HO attempts to take money.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:23 pm

usman81 wrote:
GOd Helps wrote:hi

What about biometrics and acknowledgement letter, did you receive them? I know someone whose Tier 1 (G) fee was not deducted. So you might well be in line for a party :) That said, make sure you keep your account balance if HO attempts to take money.
no nothing do you know when the tier 1 made the application.
and do you think some thing has gone wrong with my application.

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:44 pm

neilverma wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 year Tier 1 + 2 year ILR
Language criteria: UK degree + PBS print out
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name - NCS South Gloucestershire
Date of application: 01/04/2015
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees:
Date of acknowledgment:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:
Hi,
I have the same time line. Let's hope for some thing in near future. The month of March brought huge influx of application and rose to 11715 from the previous month of February 8440 as home office replied to a question on what do they know. I just hope if they can still quickly do the applications.best of luck to all of us
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 5.pdf.html
Choudhry

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:52 am

blooms wrote:Got this from the March 2015 thread where someone linked to a FOI request:

Month/Applications Processed/Pending/Total
Jan-15 /4,885 /2,590 /7,470
Feb-15 /4,810 /3,630 /8,440
Mar-15 /2,145 /9,565 /11,715
Total: /11,840 /15,785 /27,625

Turning that into percentages:
JAN: 65% processed
FEB: 57% processed
MAR: 18% processed
Total this year to March: 43% processed

They didn't release stats for April. They may have started processing April applications - its just that nobody on this board was in that batch.
You are right and number of applicants on this forum does not even constitute to 1% of total applicants. So it is very hard to make a guess after the biometric letters and fee deduction. Best of luck to all of us. :D
Choudhry

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:01 pm

any March/ April approvals? I've been scanning the forums and not seen any!

shalma19
Newly Registered

Post by shalma19 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:04 pm

usman81 wrote:
shalma19 wrote:Hi guys :)

I applied on March the 31st... did not get the biometric letter as of yet,
I did it last year for my INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN,
do I still have to do it, should I contact the home office?

Thank you in advance.
Biometrics only became mandatory for applications received to HO on or after april 6.

Thank you usman :)
My application was delivered to the HO on April the 2nd... But
I filled up the new form n the lady at the NCS told me it was okay...

So I filled up the biometric section too...

hussain131
Newly Registered

Post by hussain131 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:43 pm

I went through january applications timeline and right now, HO is processing january applications. Hopefully ours will soon be processed.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:04 pm

laky wrote:
laky wrote:Number of application : 1 Adult
Eligibility criteria: EEC citizen 6 years treaty rights
Language criteria met : Life in the UK + B1
Current nationality:
Method of application: NCS Maidstone
Date of application: 21/04/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/04/2015
Payment method: DC
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Not yet taken after more than a month! Had card number double checked by NCS, called bank...nothing! Checking my balance hourly now.
Date of acknowledgment letter:
Date of acknowledgment received:
Date of Biometric invitation: pending
any update laky

OK guys, it has officially been 6 weeks from applying and the fee has not been taken yet. Surely if something was wrong with my card (and I am 100% sure nothing is wrong on my side), I would have received letter asking me for new payslip. I begin to wonder if they lost my application. Is that even possible? Do you advice to call them (which number?) or write to them?

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:14 am

shalma19 wrote:
usman81 wrote:
shalma19 wrote:Hi guys :)

I applied on March the 31st... did not get the biometric letter as of yet,
I did it last year for my INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN,
do I still have to do it, should I contact the home office?

Thank you in advance.
Biometrics only became mandatory for applications received to HO on or after april 6.

Thank you usman :)
My application was delivered to the HO on April the 2nd... But
I filled up the new form n the lady at the NCS told me it was okay...

So I filled up the biometric section too...

The rule for biometric was changed on 6 April. So any application received before 6 April will be dealt with old rules. So you will not get any biometric letter. No need to worry though you have filed the biometric section in the new form instead of old form which was correct in your case.
My application was received on 2 April and I have not received any biometric letter.
Best of luck
Choudhry

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:31 am

According to my analysis, what they are doing at the moment is clearing all Jan/Feb/March backlog before moving to post April applications. They strategy would be to clear all old rule / pre biometric applications first. Currently people who applied in Jan are receiving approvals, even Feb are on hold. So it looks like my guess for August is correct seeing last year timelines. Throughout June, they will process Jan/Feb applications. In July, they will finish Feb/March and then April ones / post biometric apps should expect in August.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:51 am

viki83 wrote:According to my analysis, what they are doing at the moment is clearing all Jan/Feb/March backlog before moving to post April applications. They strategy would be to clear all old rule / pre biometric applications first. Currently people who applied in Jan are receiving approvals, even Feb are on hold. So it looks like my guess for August is correct seeing last year timelines. Throughout June, they will process Jan/Feb applications. In July, they will finish Feb/March and then April ones / post biometric apps should expect in August.
You may be right. Their standard is to make decision on all "straightforward" applications within 6 months. This deadline is fast approaching on January and February applications, that's why they've speeded up their work on them.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:56 am

UPDATE
Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 5 Year, ILR 1+ year(Family 2+2)
Current nationality: Indian
Council name if NCS used: Cardiff
Date of application: 20/04/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: cheque
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 20/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment: Never received
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: 09/06/15 (dated 05/06/2015)
Date of Biometrics Done: 10/06/2015
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:33 am

ukswus wrote:
viki83 wrote:According to my analysis, what they are doing at the moment is clearing all Jan/Feb/March backlog before moving to post April applications. They strategy would be to clear all old rule / pre biometric applications first. Currently people who applied in Jan are receiving approvals, even Feb are on hold. So it looks like my guess for August is correct seeing last year timelines. Throughout June, they will process Jan/Feb applications. In July, they will finish Feb/March and then April ones / post biometric apps should expect in August.
You may be right. Their standard is to make decision on all "straightforward" applications within 6 months. This deadline is fast approaching on January and February applications, that's why they've speeded up their work on them.
Exactly that's my point...and if I am wrong I am yet to see any post 6th April / post biometric approvals....as the criteria is changed, we will be dealt after all jan/feb/march so not looking before late August...add to it many case workers would go on summer vacations too...

laky
Newly Registered

Post by laky » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:51 pm

GOd Helps wrote:
laky wrote:
laky wrote:Number of application : 1 Adult
Eligibility criteria: EEC citizen 6 years treaty rights
Language criteria met : Life in the UK + B1
Current nationality:
Method of application: NCS Maidstone
Date of application: 21/04/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/04/2015
Payment method: DC
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Not yet taken after more than a month! Had card number double checked by NCS, called bank...nothing! Checking my balance hourly now.
Date of acknowledgment letter:
Date of acknowledgment received:
Date of Biometric invitation: pending
any update laky

OK guys, it has officially been 6 weeks from applying and the fee has not been taken yet. Surely if something was wrong with my card (and I am 100% sure nothing is wrong on my side), I would have received letter asking me for new payslip. I begin to wonder if they lost my application. Is that even possible? Do you advice to call them (which number?) or write to them?

Yes got fee taken 3/6/15, now anxiously waiting for the brown envelopes. I see people here having to wait for them, hoping my bad luck is over and I receive biometrics letter before leaving for 5 weeks holidays due in 3 weeks time. Bad timing for my application, I thought I will be approved and ceremonied by beginning of July, now I will be lucky to get my biometrics done.

usman81

Post by usman81 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:48 am

usman81 wrote:
usman81 wrote:Is anyone who applied mid or end of april still waiting for his/her biometrics invitaion letter? It seems that HO can't handle the situation as many appear to have not received it yet.I emailed them at nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but no reply. Any other option to try?
thanks
UPDATE I phoned them again and first time without any questions advisor admitted that I should have received biometric invitation letter by now for case submitted on april 20. He referred this again to HO caseworker team to call me within next 2 working days. I told him first reference was entered last tuesday to be followed up by call from HO in next 3 working days but never received any.

Utterly mismanaged department and worst service for that much of a fee!
UPDATE Gents - just received biometric invitation letter finally. It reads 15 working days so i was never sent first letter otherwise they would have given 10 working days.

Eligibility criteria:Tier 1 G + 1 yr ILR (2 Applicants)
Language criteria : UK degree
Council name if NCS used: Enfield
Date of application:20/04/2015
Payment method: card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/05/2015 (one transaction for both applicants)
Date of acknowledgment: 15/05/2015 (received 22/05/15, one letter addressed to both)
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: one applicant: dated 15/05/2015 (received 19/05/2015). Second applicant: dated 09/06/2015 (received 12/06/2015)
Date of Biometrics Done: 20/05/2015 (one applicant) Second applicant: 12/06/2015
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

sanky_001

Post by sanky_001 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:46 am

Hi guys,

Just found this in gov.uk:

Statistics release announcement
Immigration statistics: April to June 2015
Release date: 27 August 2015 9:30am (confirmed)
Organisations: Home Office
Topics: Borders and immigration
Quarterly and annual statistics relating to those: coming to the UK; extending their stay (temporarily or permanently); gaining citizenship; applying for asylum; and being detained or removed, as well as immigration for work, study and family reasons.

Hoping we should all have approvals before then!

ruwanuk
Newly Registered

Post by ruwanuk » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:57 am

Mera23 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years + ILR 2 year
Language criteria met level 3 + certificate of huger educational level of biomedical science
Current nationality: Etitrean
Council name if NCS used: Camden
Date of application: 27/10/2014
Payment method : direct debt
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17/11/2014
Date of acknowledgment:15/11/2014
Date approval received: still waiting after 5 moths and 11 days
Date of ceremony: wel still waiting too...

Now is too much I cant take it any more... I have been patient so far, as they say it may take up too 6 moths ... Am not sure if I will be neutralised ... Any suggestions guys , I would appreciate it . Thank you
Hi
Please contact your local MP ,

ruwanuk
Newly Registered

Post by ruwanuk » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:09 am

Mera23 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years + ILR 2 year
Language criteria met level 3 + certificate of huger educational level of biomedical science
Current nationality: Etitrean
Council name if NCS used: Camden
Date of application: 27/10/2014
Payment method : direct debt
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17/11/2014
Date of acknowledgment:15/11/2014
Date approval received: still waiting after 5 moths and 11 days
Date of ceremony: wel still waiting too...

Now is too much I cant take it any more... I have been patient so far, as they say it may take up too 6 moths ... Am not sure if I will be neutralised ... Any suggestions guys , I would appreciate it . Thank you
Hi
Please contact your local MP ,

Android79
Newly Registered

Post by Android79 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Wow, I have been just checking the June applicants and the Home Office is taking their payments just 10 days after they applied, hmmm or HO is working fast now or they just want more money quick... maybe the 2nd :D

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:39 pm

yes Android I noticed that also :)

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Android79 wrote:Wow, I have been just checking the June applicants and the Home Office is taking their payments just 10 days after they applied, hmmm or HO is working fast now or they just want more money quick... maybe the 2nd :D

It would seem that we are the "loser" month this year.

Somehow, I'm not surprised. We've had such awful luck with the HO at almost every stage since the initial visa for no fault of our own. We've probably ruined it for everyone else by applying in April, thereby forcing them to delay everyone else to get at us! :wink:

I had dared to hope that we might be finished by now, but I think now I'd be ecstatic if it's done by the end of August (or at least by the 6 month target).

MisterLysenkiy
Newly Registered

Post by MisterLysenkiy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:16 pm

Applied 20/05/2015 at NCS Brighton, the money was withdrawn on 07/06/2015 and have received biometrics letter dated same 07/06/2015 - so who told that June applicants were put forward may be sort of right on that.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:42 pm

end of May/ June applicants will probably see approvals in a couple weeks, home office will try and skew the statistics so the "Average" processing time is under 6 months. End of March/April/Early May applicants have most likely been moved to the TODO stack i.e straight to the backlog stack. We probably won't see approvals till July/August. sucks.