ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Approved! - 200K, Team, Joining an existing business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

attahaas
India

Visa Approved! - 200K, Team, Joining an existing business

Post by attahaas » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:21 pm

Dear Forum members,

Today my team member and I got our Entrepreneur Visas approved! :D

I am thankful beyond words to this forum and its members who have provided a wealth of information and knowledge about going through the application process. I found my team member on this forum too.
;)

We chose to join as existing company in the UK. They design and manufacture Hi-Fi Audio Systems with ability to stream music. It's a proper British Company. I found them through a member, who is also a business consultant, found on this forum. She can be reached at "js@spammer.com". I went through 5-7 BPs of existing businesses and after weighing in pros and cons of each of them, we decided to join this particular company. The risk to evaluate and verify the company, and decision to invest is entirely ours!

We also hired a solicitor in London, to add credibility to our application especially since we didn't have our own business plan and chose to join an existing UK company. I never set foot in the UK, but my team member studied MBA there and did work on PSW.

It was almost an 8 month project for me and it finally culminated in good news. Here is our timeline:
  • 12-Feb-2015: Applied online, both of us.
  • 13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics at the application centre by me, and on 16-Feb-2015 by my team member. We submitted docs in different cities.
  • 18-Feb-2015: Got acknowledgement emails, both of us.
  • 25-Feb-2015: Got email from BDHC saying "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we have been unable to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible."
  • 27-Feb-2015: Got interview call and email
  • 03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately by the same person through video call. 10:40am for my team member in his city, and 11:40am for me in my city.
  • 04-Mar-2015: Got email from BDHC in the morning that the visa application has been processed and sent to VFS
  • 04-Mar-2015: Got email from VFS in the evening that the documents will be delivered by courier (we paid for courier).
  • 05-Mar-2105: Bot of us got docs and passports back around 12:10 - 12:20pm, with visas stamped!
Visa validity: 14-Mar-2015 to 14-Jul-2018 (3 years and 4 months). We said expected date of arrival in the UK would be 14-Mar-2015 in the application.

Here is the list of documents we submitted:
  • Main Documents
    1 Application for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa Entry Clearance
    2 Solicitor Representation Letter
    3 Passport
    4 Cover Letter
    5 Resume
    6 "Letter of Intent" from the XYZ Company and valuation of the company by a third party FCA authorised company.
    7 Copy of team member's Letter of Intent from the company.
    8 Evidence of funds for investment Bank Letters, Statements from my bank (Joint Account with Team member).
    9 Source of Funds for myself Bank statement of my original bank account (90+ days of statement for investment funds).
    10 Source of Funds for team member - Affidavit Letter of Support and passport from my team member's brother, who provided almost 33% of the entire fund.
    11 Evidence of Maintenance Fund & also a Source of some part of fund for myself - 3 months Bank Statement from another personal bank account.
    12 Evidence of Maintenance Fund & also a Source of some part of fund for my team member - 3 months Bank Statement from my team member's personal account.
    13 English Language Ability: MS Degree from USA for me, MBA Degree from UK for my team member.
    14 TB Test Certificate
    15 Bachelor of Technology degree, both of us, from India.

Supporting Documents
    1 XYZ Company Business Plan.
    2 Market Research - from two industry leading market research companies in the field of business of the company.
    3 Marketing Material - Copy of Catalogue
    4 Open Sales Orders, Press releases of the appointment of a previous VP of Europe and UK of a big company, as chairman in XYZ compay
    5 Company Current Appointments from Companies House
    6 Company Latest Financial Statement - May 2013
    7 Company Profit & Loss details - Current
    8 Company Balance Sheet - current actual data as of Dec 2014
    9 Our personal IT Returns in India, for latest year.
    10 Previous Employment & Salary Certificates (I worked in USA and China for a big company that manufacturers Flash Memory products.)
    11 Evidence of my Current Business in India (I run an Import-Export company) - Business Card, Company Status and Current Designation attested by Chartered Accountant, Website print, Original Certificate of Incorporation, Original Certificate of Importer-Exporter code - Only my wife and I own this company, team member is not part of my Indian company.
    12 Evidence of my team member's current self employed status as a consultant in an Indian company - company letter
    13 Team member's P45 document from his employment in UK on PSW.
The XYZ company provided all the documents from their side. We didn't invest any money till now. We will invest fund after going to UK and holding meetings with the CEO. The CEO of the company has been very generous and helpful throughout the process.

Interview lasted for about 20-30 minutes for each of us. Almost all questions are pretty general - why we chose to join an existing company instead of coming up with our own plan. What is the source of funds? (My source of funds is my wife's and my salary savings from US, China and India. My team members source is his salary savings from UK, India salary and his brother's money.) Business forecasts? Business address? How big is the company? What was their latest revenue filed with HMRC? What will be our share in the company? What will be our roles in the company? How we will help the company grow. Who are the main competitors? What are the Unique Selling Points (USP) of the company? A bit about professional background. How I met my team member.

Towards the end of the interview, the interviewer (a lady) said that she would decide on our application by the end of the day and that we should receive our passports in a couple of days.

If you need any info or help from me, please feel to contact me by PM or give me your email ID here.

Best Regards,
Krishna.
Last edited by attahaas on Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

Hope145

Re: Visa Approved! - 200K, Team, Joining an existing busines

Post by Hope145 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:39 pm

attahaas wrote:Dear Forum members,

Today my team member and I got our Entrepreneur Visas approved! :D

I am thankful beyond words to this forum and its members who have provided a wealth of information and knowledge about going through the application process. I found my team member on this forum too.
;)

We chose to join as existing company in the UK. They design and manufacture Hi-Fi Audio Systems with ability to stream music. It's a proper British Company. I found them through a member, who is also a business consultant, we found on this forum. I went through 5-7 BPs of existing businesses and after weighing in pros and cons of each of them, we decided to join this particular company.

We also hired a solicitor in London, to add credibility to our application especially since we didn't have our own business plan and chose to join an existing UK company. I never set foot in the UK, but my team member studied MBA there and did work on PSW.

It was almost an 8 month project for me and it finally culminated in good news. Here is our timeline:
  • 12-Feb-2015: Applied online, both of us.
  • 13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics at the application centre by me, and on 16-Feb-2015 by my team member. We submitted docs in different cities.
  • 18-Feb-2015: Got acknowledgement emails, both of us.
  • 25-Feb-2015: Got email from BDHC saying "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we have been unable to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible."
  • 27-Feb-2015: Got interview call and email
  • 03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately by the same person through video call. 10:40am for my team member in his city, and 11:40am for me in my city.
  • 04-Mar-2015: Got email from BDHC in the morning that the visa application has been processed and sent to VFS
  • 04-Mar-2015: Got email from VFS in the evening that the documents will be delivered by courier (we paid for courier).
  • 05-Mar-2105: Bot of us got docs and passports back around 12:10 - 12:20pm, with visas stamped!
Visa validity: 14-Mar-2015 to 14-Jul-2018 (3 years and 4 months). We said expected date of arrival in the UK would be 14-Mar-2015 in the application.

Here is the list of documents we submitted:
  • Main Documents
    1 Application for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa Entry Clearance
    2 Solicitor Representation Letter
    3 Passport
    4 Cover Letter
    5 Resume
    6 "Letter of Intent" from the XYZ Company and valuation of the company by a third party FCA authorised company.
    7 Copy of team member's Letter of Intent from the company.
    8 Evidence of funds for investment Bank Letters, Statements from my bank (Joint Account with Team member).
    9 Source of Funds for myself Bank statement of my original bank account (90+ days of statement for investment funds).
    10 Source of Funds for team member - Affidavit Letter of Support and passport from my team member's brother, who provided almost 33% of the entire fund.
    11 Evidence of Maintenance Fund & also a Source of some part of fund for myself - 3 months Bank Statement from another personal bank account.
    12 Evidence of Maintenance Fund & also a Source of some part of fund for my team member - 3 months Bank Statement from my team member's personal account.
    13 English Language Ability: MS Degree from USA for me, MBA Degree from UK for my team member.
    14 TB Test Certificate
    15 Bachelor of Technology degree, both of us, from India.

Supporting Documents
    1 XYZ Company Business Plan.
    2 Market Research - from two industry leading market research companies in the field of business of the company.
    3 Marketing Material - Copy of Catalogue
    4 Open Sales Orders, Press releases of the appointment of a previous VP of Europe and UK of a big company, as chairman in XYZ compay
    5 Company Current Appointments from Companies House
    6 Company Latest Financial Statement - May 2013
    7 Company Profit & Loss details - Current
    8 Company Balance Sheet - current actual data as of Dec 2014
    9 Our personal IT Returns in India, for latest year.
    10 Previous Employment & Salary Certificates (I worked in USA and China for a big company that manufacturers Flash Memory products.)
    11 Evidence of my Current Business in India (I run an Import-Export company) - Business Card, Company Status and Current Designation attested by Chartered Accountant, Website print, Original Certificate of Incorporation, Original Certificate of Importer-Exporter code - Only my wife and I own this company, team member is not part of my Indian company.
    12 Evidence of my team member's current self employed status as a consultant in an Indian company - company letter
    13 Team member's P45 document from his employment in UK on PSW.
The XYZ company provided all the documents from their side. We didn't invest any money till now. We will invest fund after going to UK and holding meetings with the CEO. The CEO of the company has been very generous and helpful throughout the process.

Interview lasted for about 20-30 minutes for each of us. Almost all questions are pretty general - why we chose to join an existing company instead of coming up with our own plan. What is the source of funds? (My source of funds is my wife's and my salary savings from US, China and India. My team members source is his salary savings from UK, India salary and his brother's money.) Business forecasts? Business address? How big is the company? What was their latest revenue filed with HMRC? What will be our share in the company? What will be our roles in the company? How we will help the company grow. Who are the main competitors? What are the Unique Selling Points (USP) of the company? A bit about professional background. How I met my team member.

Towards the end of the interview, the interviewer (a lady) said that she would decide on our application by the end of the day and that we should receive our passports in a couple of days.

If you need any info or help from me, please feel to contact me by PM or give me your email ID here.

Best Regards,
Krishna.
Congratulations! Your Hardwork paid off! Best of luck in your business

Maks
BANNED

Post by Maks » Sat May 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi Krishna

Congratulations on securing your Visa and a very warm welcome to the UK!!

Thank you very much for using my services in helping you to find a suitable business opportunity for investment. I sincerely hope that the company you have chosen to join as a Director will be a huge success and that you will add to that success too through your experience and business acumen.

Please note that I am disassociating myself from the company I used to work in affiliation with and my contact email address is no longer as mentioned above (js@spammer) but spammer@spam.com.

Best of luck with everything!

Julia

janemok
Newly Registered

Post by janemok » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:37 am

Congratulations!!! We'll be submitting ours later and feeling all excited and nervous.

Just a quick question: Did they give all your support documents back? We're submitting original copies of university degree, transcripts, marriage cert, photos, etc and our lawyers told us we have to request for the documents back. They won't automatically give it back. What was your experience?

Thanks and congrats again.
Jane

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:53 pm

Thanks Jane!

Yes, we got everything back, university degrees, marriage certificates and any other original documents submitted, along with our passports. No need to ask for them.

All the best with your application.

sojan

Post by sojan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:59 pm

hi mate,
thanks for sharing

Is it possible to get contact details for the solicitor in London?
Also how much fees did they charge ?

ta

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 pm

sojan wrote:hi mate,
thanks for sharing

Is it possible to get contact details for the solicitor in London?
Also how much fees did they charge ?

ta
I used http://www.spammer.co.uk

maverick_kg
Newly Registered

Post by maverick_kg » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi Krishna,

I am planning to apply for tier 1 entrepreneur visa in this week from India.
I have a existing Business in India.
i got all my documents ready but need help with chartered accountant letter for entrepreneur visa.
Can you pls share the format .

regards

Kris