ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language assessment?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kannit

English language assessment?

Post by kannit » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Hi,

I came to UK on Tier 2 ICT in Apr-2007, got HSMP approval in Dec-2007 and then switched to Tier 1 General in Apr-2008.

For HSMP approval in Dec-2007, I used 3 documents for proof of English Skills
1. IELTS certificate (test was taken in Anglia Ruskin Univ. Cambridge) in Sep-2007 valid for 2 years only
2. UK NARIC Statement of Comparability
3. PBS calculator showing university in the UKVI list

Now I'll be applying for ILR in Sep-2015...

Can I use same documents - IELTS certificate, NARIC Letter and PBS calculator print (though from Tier 2 category b'coz Tier 1 General is no longer in the dropdown list)?

TIA

rukmesh

Re: English language assessment?

Post by rukmesh » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:30 am

Yes you can use the same IELTS certificate for your settlement application as it was used in your previous application and "expiry date" is immaterial in this case.

I have a written confirmation regarding this from the home office because I am also going to apply for ILR this month and I am in a similar situation as yourself

kannit

Post by kannit » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:36 am

Thanks for your reply

It's coll that you've written confirmation from HO. How did you manage to get it?

Thanks!

rukmesh

Post by rukmesh » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:38 am

You can write to KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and get their response.

Explain your scenario and ask if the expired IELTS certificate is acceptable or not

Good luck..

inquisitive
Newly Registered

Post by inquisitive » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Following might be helpful as well:
If your qualification’s expired
Some qualifications on the Home Office’s list will expire after 2 years. Your qualification will still be accepted as proof if you’re applying for citizenship, even after it’s expired.

If you’re applying to settle in the UK, your expired qualification may still be accepted as proof if it was one of the following:

previously accepted by the Home Office in connection with another immigration application, eg entry clearance
awarded in the UK and is on the Ofqual register
You’ll need to have a certificate confirming your qualification or check that your online results can be viewed by UKVI.

TAKEN From:
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications