ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change baby's name on Indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dilipagarwal
Newly Registered

Change baby's name on Indian passport

Post by dilipagarwal » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to change my baby's name on his passport. He is 8 months and born in UK, currently holding Indian passport as I am still on Tier 1 visa. I am also close to applying for ILR in August this year.

I have been running between pillars to get this done but do not yet have a clear guideline on how do it. Has anyone in this forum been in similar situation? Any suggestions or advice from members will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Dilip Agarwal

samkma
Member of Standing

Re: Change baby's name on Indian passport

Post by samkma » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:45 am

dilipagarwal wrote:Hi All,

I am trying to change my baby's name on his passport. He is 8 months and born in UK, currently holding Indian passport as I am still on Tier 1 visa. I am also close to applying for ILR in August this year.

I have been running between pillars to get this done but do not yet have a clear guideline on how do it. Has anyone in this forum been in similar situation? Any suggestions or advice from members will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Dilip Agarwal
Have a look at the posts and links below, you need a deed poll signed by a notary and an ad in the local daily. (Things have changed and cannot find the correct links)

An email to VFS & consular dept at HCI will shed more light into the matter.

Hope the below helps.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... ml#p958347

http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/france/p ... 110415.pdf

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/search.html?s ... =deed+poll
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

AliAla

Post by AliAla » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi Dilip
Yes, Infact I was exactly in same situation, when I wanted to change my uk born baby's name on Indian Passport before going for my ILR. I couldn't get any straight forward guidelines anywhere.. :roll:
Here is my experience :-
Name change process on Indian passport.
1) Get notarized affidavit and Deed (which is valid in UK to inform all agencies about name change).
2) Affidavit will be used to publish ad in UK and India (same news agency can do and provide cutting to you).
3) With that news paper cutting.. you can apply new passport.
4) Inform UKBA about name change.. and get new BRP.... Phewww.

But after your ILR.. I guess you will be starting BC for your kid.
Easiest process (which I came to know very late).. Get Naturalization certificate with old name.
once done, arrange Deed with new name... and apply British Passport with new name... Job done. :lol:

~AliAla Re..

dilipagarwal
Newly Registered

Post by dilipagarwal » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:29 am

Thank you AliAla. I guess the second option you suggested seems to be the best (get ILR first) and I also get some breathing space.

Appreciated your response !!

Regards,
Dilip