ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mileman
Argentina

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Mileman » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:31 am

Vensai wrote:Hello,
Below is my timeline:
Married to EU national.
Application sent - 11/May
Acknowledgement Recvd - 16/May
Biometric letter Recvd - 26/May
Biometric sent - 27/May

Waiting for COA. I am currently on Tier 2 ICT valid till Aug end. Got 2 questions:
- Was expecting COA in 2 weeks based on timelines in this forum. Its been 3 weeks now. Is this normal?
- People with existing work Visa (like my case) - Did you recieve COA as well or does the home office do not send since we have work right and we have to call and request.

Appreciate your inputs.
Vensai, I have a family permit that enables me to work and I still received the COA with right to work as well.

The COA works until you actually get your RC, meaning, it will be the paper that shows your residence/employment status in the gap between your current visa expiring and your RC arriving.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

Adik

Post by Adik » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:03 am

Paknet
Taha2015
Any update guys ??

giulia
Newly Registered

Post by giulia » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 am

Hello everybody,

my husband applied for the residence card in January and we haven't received anything yet unfortunately..

My concern is that he never received a biometric invitation letter (but he received the COA)

Has this happened to somebody else?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Vensai

Post by Vensai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:58 am

Mileman wrote:
Below is my timeline:
Married to EU national.
Biometric sent - 27/May

Waiting for COA. I am currently on Tier 2 ICT valid till Aug end. Got 2 questions:
- Was expecting COA in 2 weeks based on timelines in this forum. Its been 3 weeks now. Is this normal?
- People with existing work Visa (like my case) - Did you recieve COA as well or does the home office do not send since we have work right and we have to call and request.

Appreciate your inputs.
Vensai, I have a family permit that enables me to work and I still received the COA with right to work as well.

The COA works until you actually get your RC, meaning, it will be the paper that shows your residence/employment status in the gap between your current visa expiring and your RC arriving.

Thanks much. Thats what I thought. So is this delay (~3 weeks now) normal in issuing the COA? My assumption was that they dont check much during the COA and should issue it in a week (based on the timelines here) with right to work as long as you are a married partner, which I am.

Vensai

Post by Vensai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:59 am

giulia wrote:Hello everybody,

my husband applied for the residence card in January and we haven't received anything yet unfortunately..

My concern is that he never received a biometric invitation letter (but he received the COA)

Has this happened to somebody else?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Biometrics are for applications post April 6th. You are good.

saim24
Newly Registered

Post by saim24 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:03 pm

saim24 wrote:
addyjaan wrote:
saim24 wrote:HI,

Its same with me, i had my visit 4 weeks ago but no response yet. I applied in December and still waiting for RC. I have my trip booked for next week (visiting to my Inlaws) dont know whats going on.

Saim

I have 9 weeks since they visited me, and they are saying you have to wait and it's NORMAL. And total 10 month passed,
And still in process.
How are you contacting them?Did you write any letter to them?

Hi Guys,

I completed my 6 months yesterday so i called home office today and they said some one will be in contact with you within 3 days, i m just wondering that do they normally call? i have never heard anyone getting a call!! If anyone has experienced this situation pls post it pls pls... it will be a great help

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:06 pm

Vensai wrote:
Mileman wrote:
Below is my timeline:
Married to EU national.
Biometric sent - 27/May

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks much. Thats what I thought. So is this delay (~3 weeks now) normal in issuing the COA? My assumption was that they dont check much during the COA and should issue it in a week (based on the timelines here) with right to work as long as you are a married partner, which I am.
I think yours is a fair assessment, however, there are people who receive their COA with no right to work, which means it may not be as light of a check as one could assume.

On the other end, it seems no Feb applicants have received their RCs yet, which means the 4 month mark for non-conficted cases may be extending, hence affecting as well the issuing of COA´s.

Minhr

Post by Minhr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Applied for EEA2: 14/04/2015. Documents sent in one envelope with my wife's application for Registration Certificate
My wife receives acknowledgement: approx. 22/04/2015
My acknowledgement: approx. 08/05/2014
Biometrics request: 29/05/2015
Visited Post Office to enrol biometrics: 01/06/2015

Still waiting for COA, have couple interesting job interviews and hope to receive it asap.

mxm
Newly Registered

Post by mxm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:42 pm

rajib4u wrote:i was really hoping by this time now feb applicants would start getting their RC! But the reality is no one has got yet from feb and some of jan applicants still waiting for their RC. What is happening any idea guys?
No idea, it might be something connected to new EEA FM forms introduced end of January.

I asked last week for my documents back as I need them and today got my passport.
I applied on the 17th Feb and still waiting for RC.

rajib4u

Post by rajib4u » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:49 pm

mxm wrote:
rajib4u wrote:i was really hoping by this time now feb applicants would start getting their RC! But the reality is no one has got yet from feb and some of jan applicants still waiting for their RC. What is happening any idea guys?
No idea, it might be something connected to new EEA FM forms introduced end of January.

I asked last week for my documents back as I need them and today got my passport.
I applied on the 17th Feb and still waiting for RC.

I think you are right. They are spending more time to understand the new form before clearing them. and we are the sufferers :(

taha2015

Post by taha2015 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Adik wrote:Paknet
Taha2015
Any update guys ??
hi Adik
nothing yet :-( i called them yesterday and it was so funny i asked her to check my application progress then she said your application is over 6 month so i can't , i said according to my coa i am still under 6 month time .then she went silent and said no i can't !! i will take your details and they will call you in 72 hours from Sheffield !!!

Vensai

Post by Vensai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Mileman wrote:
Below is my timeline:
Married to EU national.
Biometric sent - 27/May

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks again. Just recieved the COA (with Right to Work) from my solicitor. Below is the updated timelines:
Acknowledgement Dated - 13/May
Biometric letter Dated - 20/May
Biometric sent - 27/May
COA Dated - 12/June
COA Recvd - 16/June

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:25 pm

IM worried that Feb applicants havent recieved anything!
Seems like the last update is from COA's recieved on 28/01. May be well the new applications sent?

How different are the applications sent post 06/04?

Oh man, Im in a huge need of a holiday and seems I will be stuck here until October?! :cry:

bogboss

Post by bogboss » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:02 pm

is any one have any idea who hold this number 020152142122 .I have missed couple of call from this number .when I dial this number its does not exist .Also I am waiting for a response from a case worker team because my application have reached its 6 month time .does that number have any sort of connection to them ?

Regards

saim24
Newly Registered

Post by saim24 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:40 pm

bogboss wrote:is any one have any idea who hold this number 020152142122 .I have missed couple of call from this number .when I dial this number its does not exist .Also I am waiting for a response from a case worker team because my application have reached its 6 month time .does that number have any sort of connection to them ?

Regards
How long you been waiting for?

Saim

bogboss

Post by bogboss » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:48 pm

i sent my application mid december .

saim24
Newly Registered

Post by saim24 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:09 pm

bogboss wrote:i sent my application mid december .
How long you been waiting for your phone call?

billy.s1

Post by billy.s1 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:07 am

hi guys ,
i am new here. i've just submitted my application n i ve received biometric letter bt no Acknowledgement letter. why iz it so?
App Sent: 01/06/15
Bio Sub: 16/06/15
COA: 26/06/15
RC: 18/11/15

rajib4u

Post by rajib4u » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:37 am

i called them this morning today and they said they have updated system now they not can not check the update anymore about the application what a bullshit

mxm
Newly Registered

Post by mxm » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:10 am

nachfee wrote:IM worried that Feb applicants havent recieved anything!
Seems like the last update is from COA's recieved on 28/01. May be well the new applications sent?

How different are the applications sent post 06/04?

Oh man, Im in a huge need of a holiday and seems I will be stuck here until October?! :cry:
There is no so much of a difference. End of January they became massively bigger and in April they added biometrics. Same just more complicated, I guess.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:25 am

Was anyone here refused an offer just because the COA was the only document they were able to produce?

I am interviewing for jobs, as I assume many here are, and I am just wondering if potential employers take it as a complete stopper or just as a hurdle I guess.

If you are lucky, the COA will say you can accept employment offers, but that does not necessarily mean potential employers will abide I guess.

mxm
Newly Registered

Post by mxm » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:55 am

Mileman wrote:Was anyone here refused an offer just because the COA was the only document they were able to produce?

I am interviewing for jobs, as I assume many here are, and I am just wondering if potential employers take it as a complete stopper or just as a hurdle I guess.

If you are lucky, the COA will say you can accept employment offers, but that does not necessarily mean potential employers will abide I guess.
Hi, that depends on the employer. Some don't want to bother as they see at as a risk of employing someone for just a few months.

The letter is totally legit and plus they need to check you online by filling a form out. All fine. Only stopper is that they are not fully familiar with the EEA rules and might be thinking what if you don't get it in next 6 months?

saim24
Newly Registered

Post by saim24 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:58 am

Mileman wrote:Was anyone here refused an offer just because the COA was the only document they were able to produce?

I have been refused so many times just because of COA that employers do not hire on COA and now my old COA is expired.

No RC yet.

Saim

RC022015

Post by RC022015 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:13 am

Hi Mileman,

Your employer will need to call the HO Employer's verification number and the HO will confirm your right to work.

There is no reason whatsoever not to accept the COA as a proof of your right to work.

Vensai

Post by Vensai » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:13 am

saim24 wrote:

I have been refused so many times just because of COA that employers do not hire on COA and now my old COA is expired.

No RC yet.

Saim
The COA that is issued with work right states that we are permitted to work/accept offers and reside until RC is issued and if refused, until all appeal rights are exercised. So in your case, I think you should still be able to use the old COA and home office would confirm ur right to work if the employer submits the ECS.

But ofcourse, I think it is up to the discretion of employer for giving a job, as they might not be familiar with the EEA process and the COA doesn't state that RC will definetely be issued after 6 months. So they might not be willing to take for permanent roles? Contract roles maybe.