ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence card revoked at Manchester Airport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akz

Re: EEA Residence card revoked at Manchester Airport

Post by akz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:11 pm

akz wrote:
irfan533 wrote:Thanks All of you guys. But how can i get legal aid? I have already lawyer. I do not know what else i can do?

Hi bro,

My EEA4 is refused and i m on appeal, self employed eea national are not acceptable any more, so first thing you must do, to ask your eea wife to start work and at least earn minimum for 2015 - 2016 (6,50*24 = 156 / week) until October, in octuber min pay will be 6.70, it will be later 6.70*24 = 160.80/week, this is the formula they using for genuine and effective work , please get rid of self employment and start even cleaning work earn minimum 156/week, to maintain a solid right to reside status , all other thing can be proved if your relationship is genuine later.

Good luck

to add one more thing,

Before and still no one knows how much minimum earning an eea self employed can show to be consider a genuine worker, so it is an easy target for UKBA to refused and even ask u to leave uk

regards
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:18 pm

irfan533 wrote:Thanks All of you guys. But how can i get legal aid? I have already lawyer. I do not know what else i can do?
Only some solicitors have legal aid contracts, I'm assuming of course that you are in England in Wales. As I recall compensation claims for unlawful detention are still within the scope of legal aid over there.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:30 pm

el patron wrote:
Only some solicitors have legal aid contracts, I'm assuming of course that you are in England in Wales. As I recall compensation claims for unlawful detention are still within the scope of legal aid over there.
Here is an interesting case on legal aid and unlawful detention -
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Adm ... /3706.html

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:34 pm

If you have lawyer and you are happy with his service and the work he is doing for you, then stick with him, otherwise get another lawyer.

I would not have mind helping you, as this is a principled case, but Manchester is a bit to far for me to undertake pro-bono work, and it is generally outside my catchment area, although i occassionally help forum members with cases there, when I do not have busy schedule.

Stick with the current lawyer. No need to change if you are happy with his service.

But if you are not seeing progress, let us know.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

irfan533
Newly Registered

Post by irfan533 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:29 am

akz wrote:
akz wrote:

Hi bro,

My EEA4 is refused and i m on appeal, self employed eea national are not acceptable any more, so first thing you must do, to ask your eea wife to start work and at least earn minimum for 2015 - 2016 (6,50*24 = 156 / week) until October, in octuber min pay will be 6.70, it will be later 6.70*24 = 160.80/week, this is the formula they using for genuine and effective work , please get rid of self employment and start even cleaning work earn minimum 156/week, to maintain a solid right to reside status , all other thing can be proved if your relationship is genuine later.

Good luck
Thanks AKZ. My wife has already started full time job now. but my appeal date is in september. I am not allowed to work. i do not know how can i ask for permission?

to add one more thing,

Before and still no one knows how much minimum earning an eea self employed can show to be consider a genuine worker, so it is an easy target for UKBA to refused and even ask u to leave uk

regards

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:14 pm

irfan533 wrote:
el patron wrote:
Thanks for responding, I think that fresh application will take long time plus i have to complete again 5 years to get permanent residence card.

no you won't, 5 years is from the day you are married and reside with your wife, who is excercising treaty rights, in the UK. any dates on your residence card(s) are irrelevant.

but HO is vindictive and fresh application may not really make a lot of difference, and FT tribunal spats out loads of complete nonsence almost universally in support of any HO marriage of convenience allegation, no matter how bizzarre (and in your case it sounds like it's pretty bizarre). From your current position you need to retain a direct access barrister and apply or JR full scale. check out Paul Turner or Garden Court Chambers (freemovement blog). With JR, you will spend more money but will immediately be in saner courts with more competent professionals, than the endless HO/FTT babble.

manchectser airport had absolutely no authority of any kind. you need to bring action for damages (as well as for removal of all conditions and cessation of harassment immediately) if you can afford it. imho any conditions on you are invalid. you have the right to reside and the right to work, provided your wife excercises treaty rights, of which of course I have not seen evidence.

but even if there is some problem with her self-employment this does not justify this treatment, detention, tags or whatever else.

however****

you said you had a hearing scheduled in glasgow that you have now requested for manchester

HEARING FOR WHAT???? did you already have a problem?

btw manchester airport immigration is awful, I have been there myself once and some literally 18-year girl IO with maybe 3 GCSEs spewed complete bollocks at me. I had to put her in her place quite rudely. i'd love to see these people fired and re-educated.
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:18 pm

sagareva wrote:
irfan533 wrote:
el patron wrote:
Thanks for responding, I think that fresh application will take long time plus i have to complete again 5 years to get permanent residence card.

no you won't, 5 years is from the day you are married and reside with your wife, who is excercising treaty rights, in the UK. any dates on your residence card(s) are irrelevant.

but HO is vindictive and fresh application may not really make a lot of difference, and FT tribunal spats out loads of complete nonsence almost universally in support of any HO marriage of convenience allegation, no matter how bizzarre (and in your case it sounds like it's pretty bizarre). From your current position you need to retain a direct access barrister and apply or JR full scale. check out Paul Turner or Garden Court Chambers (freemovement blog). With JR, you will spend more money but will immediately be in saner courts with more competent professionals, than the endless HO/FTT babble.

manchectser airport had absolutely no authority of any kind. you need to bring action for damages (as well as for removal of all conditions and cessation of harassment immediately) if you can afford it. imho any conditions on you are invalid. you have the right to reside and the right to work, provided your wife excercises treaty rights, of which of course I have not seen evidence.

but even if there is some problem with her self-employment this does not justify this treatment, detention, tags or whatever else.

however****

you said you had a hearing scheduled in glasgow that you have now requested for manchester

btw manchester airport immigration is awful, I have been there myself once and some literally 18-year girl IO with maybe 3 GCSEs spewed complete bollocks at me. I had to put her in her place quite rudely. i'd love to see these people fired and re-educated.
By way of clarification sagareva the quote you have attributed to me was not what my message contained, if you look at the post you quoted.

irfan533
Newly Registered

Post by irfan533 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:23 am

sagareva wrote:
irfan533 wrote:
el patron wrote:

however****

Thanks for above response. I have been in detention center for 6 weeks. Then they issued me appeal hearing in first tribunal in glassgow because i was detained in scotland. As they released me on bail, i live manchester therefore my barrister requested to change the hearing center. Secondly,my wife has full time job.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:02 pm

6 weeks detention, that would be a substantial amount of money for a successful unlawful detention action!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:14 pm

You haven't replied to the question whether you were aware of a problem with your residence permit before leaving the UK? :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

irfan533
Newly Registered

Post by irfan533 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Casa wrote:You haven't replied to the question whether you were aware of a problem with your residence permit before leaving the UK? :?:
I did not have any problem with my residence permit as it was valid till 2017.

irfan533
Newly Registered

Post by irfan533 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:05 pm

el patron wrote:6 weeks detention, that would be a substantial amount of money for a successful unlawful detention action!
but how can i take action against that?

godtimebest
Newly Registered

Post by godtimebest » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:45 am

The's really bad, I can see that the ukba are taken law into their hands, I hope to see the outcome of this unlawful act

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Except the non-EEA national signs a disclaimer or confess to having obtained the residence card fraudulently, the card cannot be revoked at port, until all in country right of appeal has been exhausted. A residence card holder has an in country right of appeal under regulation 26 of the EEA Regulation, which means he or she should be granted some form of leave to enter until appeal is concluded.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi,

I can refer a very good barrister to u.

A friend had a similar case recently

The tag will be taken of if u have no criminal record and the officer at signing place is good

Good luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:29 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

irfan533
Newly Registered

Post by irfan533 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:33 am

generaltier1 wrote:Hi,

I can refer a very good barrister to u.

A friend had a similar case recently

The tag will be taken of if u have no criminal record and the officer at signing place is good

Good luck
Dear! It would be great if you suggest me any good barrister. i have at the moment but he said he can not do anything. i ask for permission to work which they allowed me. but they are stubborn about my tagging condition

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:42 pm

What is the current position of your case.

Has your appeal been heard?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors