ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need Market Resident market labour test or not ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mmc

Do I need Market Resident market labour test or not ?

Post by mmc » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi Guys,
I have got a letter from the Home office via Employee service check for right to work of a Tier 4 Gen person, allowed to work for 20 hours.

He started working for my company (20) hours per week as per his right to work, I would like to apply a Tier 2 visa for him. Since he has a UK master degree and already on payroll with us.

Do I need to do the 'Market Resident market labour test' or not ? before I apply for Certificate of sponsorship ?

Thanks
MMC

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Do I need Market Resident market labour test or not ?

Post by manci » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:56 pm

mmc wrote:Hi Guys,
I have got a letter from the Home office via Employee service check for right to work of a Tier 4 Gen person, allowed to work for 20 hours.

He started working for my company (20) hours per week as per his right to work, I would like to apply a Tier 2 visa for him. Since he has a UK master degree and already on payroll with us.

Do I need to do the 'Market Resident market labour test' or not ? before I apply for Certificate of sponsorship ?

Thanks
mmc wrote:Hi Guys,

if he satisfies the conditions for switching from T4 to T2G then RLMT is not required. Read paras 16-20 and 102-112 of the T2 policy guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2015.pdf

Thanks

mmc

Re: Do I need Market Resident market labour test or not ?

Post by mmc » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:51 am

Thanks for your reply and I have read the guide line as per your advise, since I will be applying for COS first, and that person is already on our payroll system. So I do not need to advertise the job ie do the RMLT first ?

Thanks
MMC