ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ironmaiden

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by ironmaiden » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Had a call today from HO as I requested a call back to double check if my updating the address request received. It was fine. Then I asked if that was a caseworker who called me. He said yes he is the caseworker. I said "you will probably not answer this but I will give it a go. Can you tell me the status of my application or when will the decision be made?" He was really friendly. He laughed and said "I understand that you want to sort it asap, that's totally understandable. We will decide it before 6 months"

He didnt say within 6 months, he said before 6 months! I just hope he didnt mean that famous "within 6 months" thing :)

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:57 pm

[quote="tulip11"]End of February got one approval. I feel like this week or next week anyone from March will get the approval insha Allah :)[/quote]

I have a feeling we will get it before July. Fingers crossed! :-)

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:52 pm

ironmaiden wrote:Had a call today from HO as I requested a call back to double check if my updating the address request received. It was fine. Then I asked if that was a caseworker who called me. He said yes he is the caseworker. I said "you will probably not answer this but I will give it a go. Can you tell me the status of my application or when will the decision be made?" He was really friendly. He laughed and said "I understand that you want to sort it asap, that's totally understandable. We will decide it before 6 months"

He didnt say within 6 months, he said before 6 months! I just hope he didnt mean that famous "within 6 months" thing :)
Lucky you ! You got good caseworker :D Good luck :)

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:58 pm

tulip11 wrote:
ironmaiden wrote:Had a call today from HO as I requested a call back to double check if my updating the address request received. It was fine. Then I asked if that was a caseworker who called me. He said yes he is the caseworker. I said "you will probably not answer this but I will give it a go. Can you tell me the status of my application or when will the decision be made?" He was really friendly. He laughed and said "I understand that you want to sort it asap, that's totally understandable. We will decide it before 6 months"

Lucky you ! You got good caseworker :D Good luck :)
Yeah, he seemed really nice. I hope he is being nice with my case aswell :D

Fykes
Newly Registered

Post by Fykes » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:52 pm

Actually I have requested a call back too, they said caseworker will call within 72 hours but it has been almost a week no call yet. How long it took you to recieve a call and was that a private number?

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:24 pm

Fykes wrote:

Actually I have requested a call back too, they said caseworker will call within 72 hours but it has been almost a week no call yet. How long it took you to recieve a call and was that a private number?
Well, they didn't call me within 72 hours either. Then I called HO again and said I have never received the call. Then she took my details again and said she's gonna put a note saying high priority and will receive the call within 48 hours. I got the call before 24 hours after having that conversation. And yes it's private number.

Call HO again and tell them it's been more than 72 hours and never received a call.

Fykes
Newly Registered

Post by Fykes » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:43 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
Fykes wrote:

Well, they didn't call me within 72 hours either. Then I called HO again and said I have never received the call. Then she took my details again and said she's gonna put a note saying high priority and will receive the call within 48 hours. I got the call before 24 hours after having that conversation. And yes it's private number.

Call HO again and tell them it's been more than 72 hours and never received a call.

Great will do thAt tomorrow! Thanks!

snoorali77

Post by snoorali77 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:33 am

Hi Guys,

I applied for naturalisation in March and just renewing my current passport.

Do I need to inform the UKBA regarding the renewal of passport and send the copies?

Thanks

badratio

Post by badratio » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:54 am

No.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

jojo351

Post by jojo351 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:37 pm

tulip11 wrote:End of February got one approval. I feel like this week or next week anyone from March will get the approval insha Allah :)
I like your thinking! :wink:

snoorali77

Post by snoorali77 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:49 pm

badratio wrote:No.
Thanks

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

Post by Buzz bee » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi all,

If there comes a situation like soon after I receive my approval, I have to travel to my mother country. And I haven't even booked my ceremony by then. I travel with my non-british passport. And get back here and finish of the ceremony and pp application.

Is this legal and nothing to put me off?

Please advise.

Fykes
Newly Registered

Post by Fykes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Buzz bee wrote:Hi all,

If there comes a situation like soon after I receive my approval, I have to travel to my mother country. And I haven't even booked my ceremony by then. I travel with my non-british passport. And get back here and finish of the ceremony and pp application.

Is this legal and nothing to put me off?

Please advise.
Hi,

You have to attend ceremony within 3 months of receiving the approval. You ca travel anywhere with in this time.

Buzz bee
Newly Registered

Post by Buzz bee » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:48 pm

Thank you Fykes for the swift reply :)

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Buzz bee wrote:Thank you Fykes for the swift reply :)
You should carry your naturalisation certificate with you because one member mentioned that once your naturalisation is approved your biometric card stops working. So with out the certificate you may have a problem.
Best of luck
Choudhry

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Applied 27th March and still waiting. Anyone applied around same time received their approvals yet?

It seems the process has halted now for some reason although HO had the ball rolling quite well last month and before!

bosh83

Post by bosh83 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:21 am

Still.Waiting wrote:Applied 27th March and still waiting. Anyone applied around same time received their approvals yet?

It seems the process has halted now for some reason although HO had the ball rolling quite well last month and before!
yes applied 9th march still waiting

dani2014
Newly Registered

Post by dani2014 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:02 am

bosh83 wrote:
Still.Waiting wrote:Applied 27th March and still waiting. Anyone applied around same time received their approvals yet?

Applied 27th March and also still waiting

tomboy

Post by tomboy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:16 am

dani2014 wrote:
bosh83 wrote:

Applied 27th March and also still waiting

Applied on 11.03.15
And still waiting for approval

Fykes
Newly Registered

Post by Fykes » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:23 am

06.03.15 - still waiting!!!

Abuzaid

Post by Abuzaid » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 am

I'm 27th March applicant too and waiting for the approval, I'm traveling back home next month although I was hoping the I might travel with my British passport but the chances are very remote now....yesterday I got a brown envelope and got exited that I've got what I was expecting but unfortunately that was a letter from newham council.
Let's hope for the best guys....Insha Allah will get Good news soon

beatallica

Post by beatallica » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:46 am

another one, waiting ! i agree, i haven't seen any approvals on the forum for a week or so. Let's hope soon !

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Seems like no one has received approvals in awhile ... Not sure what the hold up is?! I think straight forward cases should be decided asap! Its a shame really how many peoples lives are effected by HO, where is the accountability for that?

malgorzata
Newly Registered

Post by malgorzata » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:08 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:Seems like no one has received approvals in awhile ... Not sure what the hold up is?! I think straight forward cases should be decided asap! Its a shame really how many peoples lives are effected by HO, where is the accountability for that?
Hi, I have just recived my brown envelope today with approval.

Submitted : 04-03-2015
Received by UKBA : 06-03-2015
Fee deducted : 11-03-2015
Acknowledgment e-mail : 12-03-2015
Acknowledgment Letter : 21-03-2015 ( Dated 11-03-2015 )
Approval Letter : 19-06-2015 ( Dated 12-06-2015 )
Ceremony Letter : waiting

all the best for everybody still waiting.

m.

jojo351

Post by jojo351 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:11 pm

feel happy for you malgorzata :D was your case a spotless straight one?