ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS EEA FAMILY PERMIT HOLDER ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Yanie86
Newly Registered

IS EEA FAMILY PERMIT HOLDER ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN UK?

Post by Yanie86 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:58 am

Hi everyone!

I am a Thai citizen (from Thailand).I arrived here in UK last March with EEA FAMILY PERMIT VISA and I am confused if I am eligible to work here without residence card. I applied my residence card already last month but I have read that UKBA may issue it to me within 6 months or longer. I am a bit bored already and I wanted to have a job. If I am eligible to work here with EEA family permit how can I prove to my employer that I am a legal worker? I also enrolled my biometric residence permit last week and waiting for it. Can I use it in proving that I am a legal worker? I am so desperate at this moment of always sitting at home and doing nothing. Please help me! :( :( :(

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Re: IS EEA FAMILY PERMIT HOLDER ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN UK?

Post by eldane » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Sawadee Krap,

If you have a a lot of time on your handes then I suggest you read the material here on the site.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14867.html

Q2: Am I allowed to work even without CoA?

If married to the EEA national, rights under EEA regulations are obtained automatically based on the activities of the EEA national. The HO just confirm those rights by issuing RC/PR Confirmation so you are allowed to work. However, you might find it difficult to convince an employer of your rights.

Q3 : Will the CoA state I’m allowed to work?

If you are married to the EEA national, CoA will state you are allowed to work.
If you are unmarried to the EEA national and didn’t enter the UK using EEA Family Permit, the CoA will not confirm your entitlement to work.

Khop khun mak,
Eldanes
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

Yanie86
Newly Registered

Post by Yanie86 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Yes, I am married to EEA citizen. How to get CoA? Do I need to apply for that?

Thanks for replying my post. It will surely help me to start. :)

cafeconleche

Post by cafeconleche » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:18 am

The COA is the document you got to acknowledge your application for the RC. Do you have that? What does it say about employment?

You can also try to show any prospective employer a printout of the UK immigration page stating your rights are automatic, and copies of your passports and marriage certificate.

Yanie86
Newly Registered

Post by Yanie86 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:40 pm

I don't have CoA at the moment. I only received BRP letter from HO for me to enrol my Biometric info for my BRP card and no other any documents from them stating that I am eligible to work. I'm so confused :( , I'm so lost also.