ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Khan1980

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Khan1980 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:57 pm

Basra wrote:@khan1980,
Email system vary person by person,it's all depend on caseworker team,I have applied same category on 22 April 2015 but still I did not received any email yet, my case is very complicated I am worry about it.
Dnt worry about email......
Thanks Basra , Zee and Sel7 , yes Zee U are right this forum is great and blessing , lot of help , support and positive feedback , hopefully we will get through to it. It's natural to be worried for us but it will happen when the time come with wish of God. Let's pray for each other. I am hoping for the best.

Regards
Khan

jaxx30
Newly Registered

Post by jaxx30 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:48 pm

jaxx30 wrote:Hi everyone. I do hope im on the right forum and page. I would like to ask the expects aboutr my situation. Here it goes. It will be 10 years for me on september 10 but my current visa expires on the 6th of september. The entry clearance in my passport is 16 august 2005 but i think i came on the 10th of sep 2005. The thing is i came from the republic of ireland and in the passport it doesnt show a stamp to show which date i came over here as ireland is EU. So is it okay for me to apply for long residence the 10yr one. And if so when do i qualify for the 10yr. 16 august or 10sep. Im really confused. And can i also apply even though the 10 years is short buy 4 days. Thank you all in advance.

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:11 pm

Zee ali wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah. I got my ILR. Alhumdlillah.

Just received a call from solicitor.

Timeline is as follow

Set lr Applied: 02/04/2015
Acknowledgement: 09/04/2015
Biometric received: 20/04/2015
Biometric done: 21/04/2015
Brp Received 22/06/2015 dated (18/06/2015)
Documents: Not received yet
Congratulation brother,enjoy your freedom

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:11 am

Dear Members,

I need some information for my friend who is soon applying for ILR on the basis 10 year residency.

He is on Entrepreneur visa and working as self employed. He is married and have a baby born in UK.

His Mrs living in the UK for around 4 years.

Now the question is once he gets his ILR what documentation or requirements he needs to fulfil to apply his Mrs visa as dependent.
His child will get British citizen once he gets His ILR but as he is working on self employed basis what are the salary requirement or tax documents to show to apply for his mrs FLR M and the list of documents.

Can someone please help and provide information related to this.

Thanks in advance.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:08 pm

meet2mustafiz wrote:
Zee ali wrote:By the Grace of Almighty Allah. I got my ILR. Alhumdlillah.

Just received a call from solicitor.

Timeline is as follow

Set lr Applied: 02/04/2015
Acknowledgement: 09/04/2015
Biometric received: 20/04/2015
Biometric done: 21/04/2015
Brp Received 22/06/2015 dated (18/06/2015)
Documents: Not received yet
Congratulation brother,enjoy your freedom
Thanks meet2mustafiz

Hope u get your ILR sorted as well
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Very happy for you Zee Ali, you have been very inspiring to many on this forum. Hope you will still stick around as we are still in need of your valuable guidance.

Could you please, as a link up give us a summary of your case.

All the best.
ditima

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Ditima98 wrote:Very happy for you Zee Ali, you have been very inspiring to many on this forum. Hope you will still stick around as we are still in need of your valuable guidance.

Could you please, as a link up give us a summary of your case.

All the best.
Thanks Ditima98
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Sree88
Newly Registered

Post by Sree88 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:59 am

Hi,

With due respect to all veterans and senior members of this forum, I'm bit worried about me and my family's future here :cry: :cry: . We've been here since 2008 beginning and just 2 more years for 10 year ILR application. Do you think, as per the current rules, the right to apply would remain same and I could pass the next 2 years successfully? :roll:

Thanking each and every one in advance for your valuable advises..

UKQEEN
BANNED

Post by UKQEEN » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Sree88 wrote:Hi,

With due respect to all veterans and senior members of this forum, I'm bit worried about me and my family's future here :cry: :cry: . We've been here since 2008 beginning and just 2 more years for 10 year ILR application. Do you think, as per the current rules, the right to apply would remain same and I could pass the next 2 years successfully? :roll:

Thanking each and every one in advance for your valuable advises..
Your concern is valid however it is like predicting earth quick.
I am in same boat. :cry:

MamaT
Newly Registered

Post by MamaT » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:00 pm

hello all,
I have been a silent member, been observing and reading comments.
I am going to be applying under the 10 year rule end of July.
I have a few questions,
I have had ccjs and I have2 police warnings but all these are over 4years old, shall I still confirm them on my application?
and another question I came to the UK as a student in 2003.
got married in 2006. but did become a dependant to my husband till 2007. I had to go out of the country to go and apply to come back as a dependant. my visa was refused at the time, but I was pregnant and still had a valid student visa so I came back to the UK and appealed the decision in the UK. the case went to court and I won the case, got granted dependent visa in 2008, with 2 years dependant visa, at the time my husband still hadn't not got his ILR, so we applied and I got an extension of 5years. which is due to run out end of July. now my main worry is because I had to go out of the country and filed my appeal in the uk does it mean I have lost my 5YEARS as I have been on a dependent visa for7 years.

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:24 am

Salam guys,
I got ILR couple of month ago on 10 years base and now going back home to get married. I need a information and list of documents to apply spouse visa or website link. I heard that when you come back at airport ask so many question even though you got ILR it's true or not?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regrards,

Saleem

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 am

saleem19k wrote:Salam guys,
I got ILR couple of month ago on 10 years base and now going back home to get married. I need a information and list of documents to apply spouse visa or website link. I heard that when you come back at airport ask so many question even though you got ILR it's true or not?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regrards,

Saleem
It is possible to be asked a lot of questions and possibly be delayed (they will give you a sit ) as they check your immigration history. often it happens if your visa was once refused or a subject of deportation. My cousin and girl friend both with ILR experienced this interrogation nightmare on their first entry. Usually this happens if airport computers are either not updated with your new status or the clearing officer is just a little curious or nosy. Your second entry in the country you will be like a KING. For now just focus on your marriage/application. They wouldn't refuse you entry

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Salam guys,
I got ILR couple of month ago on 10 years base and now going back home to get married. I need a information and list of documents to apply spouse visa or website link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Saleem

Xam

Post by Xam » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:15 am

saleem19k wrote:Salam guys,
I got ILR couple of month ago on 10 years base and now going back home to get married. I need a information and list of documents to apply spouse visa or website link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Saleem
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/overview

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:42 am

Its time for me to share my good news :D

Alhamdulillah, a long wait over and finally got my ILR approved...this forum is very informative and wonderful place to share and learn about many immigrations issue and their remedies.

my time line is as follow

App sent 04-04-2015

Ack got 14-04-2015

Bio recieved and done 18-4-2015

email confirmation NEVER RECEIVED ANY EMAIL

Decision on my application 25-6-2015

Docs return 26-06-2015(return envelop provided)

my case was very simple and straight forward, never had any immigration issue and always got extensions in time..

Now feeling quite relived and good luck to all those who are still waiting......

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:33 am

Darvesh wrote:Its time for me to share my good news :D

Alhamdulillah, a long wait over and finally got my ILR approved...this forum is very informative and wonderful place to share and learn about many immigrations issue and their remedies.

App sent 04-04-2015

Ack got 14-04-2015

my case was very simple and straight forward, never had any immigration issue and always got extensions in time..

Now feeling quite relived and good luck to all those who are still waiting......
Congrats Darvesh for obtaining an ILR. Just as you predicated that they will be a lot of approvals this week for April (nearly one everyday). You one of them. Well done and all the best for the future.

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:58 pm

SEL7 wrote:
Darvesh wrote:Its time for me to share my good news :D

App sent 04-04-2015

Ack got 14-04-2015

Congrats Darvesh for obtaining an ILR. Just as you predicated that they will be a lot of approvals this week for April (nearly one everyday). You one of them. Well done and all the best for the future.
Thanks SEL7.......best wishes for you as well as all others who awaiting :D

Godson333
Newly Registered

Post by Godson333 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Need Help Please

I came into the uk 2005. I got my first Tier 1 visa in January 2010 & renewed 2013 January(used combined income for both,self employed + with the salary i earned to make the points required)

January 2015 i went for my Ilr( my current job allowed me to meet the required points), after about 2 hours the Case work comes out and gives me the letter further esquires are required before a decision is made.

After 5 months of waiting, I got a letter today saying

Please provide evidence that your claimed self employed earnings used in your last 2 Tier 1 applications has been declared to HMRC before a decision is made.

I have only 2 weeks to provide it before my application is considered.

I just want to stress that i did not pay any amount to the HMRC for any of my previous tier 1 application.

I need advise please

UKres

Post by UKres » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Godson333 wrote:Need Help Please

I came into the uk 2005. I got my first Tier 1 visa in January 2010 & renewed 2013 January(used combined income for both,self employed + with the salary i earned to make the points required)

January 2015 i went for my Ilr( my current job allowed me to meet the required points), after about 2 hours the Case work comes out and gives me the letter further esquires are required before a decision is made.

After 5 months of waiting, I got a letter today saying

Please provide evidence that your claimed self employed earnings used in your last 2 Tier 1 applications has been declared to HMRC before a decision is made.

I have only 2 weeks to provide it before my application is considered.

I just want to stress that i did not pay any amount to the HMRC for any of my previous tier 1 application.

I need advise please

Did you file the tax returns ? How many you showed as self employed?
Did you paid the tax from regular income ?

One of my freind went for same day service and they checked in their system and asked him he didnt file the returns.

Godson333
Newly Registered

Post by Godson333 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi

I never filled a tax return after both applications.(2010 and 2013)

The company i worked for deducted tax and i have payslips to show for it.

so what did your friend do?

UKres

Post by UKres » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:09 pm

Godson333 wrote:Hi

I never filled a tax return after both applications.(2010 and 2013)

The company i worked for deducted tax and i have payslips to show for it.

so what did your friend do?

He did the same thing , he didnt file the tax return . They hold his case. Its 2 month gone no reply back. He simply waiting. I think the reason they asked you because you didnt file the returns. If you would have filed the returns might be you didt get the problem , thats my assumptions.

knidas123
Newly Registered

Post by knidas123 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:34 pm

hi
please i need really really help, as i am here from past 10 years i need to apply ilr based on 10 years.i am on tier 1 General visa. im thinking to go same day ,i am currently employed and have company but no transaction, please advise do HO will ask about previous earning and tax to be paid( i didnt paid any ).

2nd i got pnd by police on based of shoplifting( my friend kindness) in 2007 and paid. they i need to decalre that.

please advise i will be very thanks ful

UKres

Post by UKres » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:40 pm

knidas123 wrote:hi
please i need really really help, as i am here from past 10 years i need to apply ilr based on 10 years.i am on tier 1 General visa. im thinking to go same day ,i am currently employed and have company but no transaction, please advise do HO will ask about previous earning and tax to be paid( i didnt paid any ).

2nd i got pnd by police on based of shoplifting( my friend kindness) in 2007 and paid. they i need to decalre that.

please advise i will be very thanks ful
hope you have filed tax returns?
When youare planning to apply ?

dream40

Post by dream40 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:31 am

Congratulations Darvesh
My wife applied same date as you never immigration issue simple and straightforward case 10 year dependent on me
My daughter 11 year applied also 04 April but she got ILR within a month
Dream 40

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:31 am

dream40 wrote:Congratulations Darvesh
My wife applied same date as you never immigration issue simple and straightforward case 10 year dependent on me
My daughter 11 year applied also 04 April but she got ILR within a month
Dream 40
is your wife's timeline on google spreadsheet?