ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years ILR Route - A few questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

osmanghani
Newly Registered

10 years ILR Route - A few questions

Post by osmanghani » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:35 am

Hi everyone.
I have a few quick questions. Will appreciate any help.

1. I have been in UK for 11 years legally with wife and one child. (all came in 2004)
2. One child was born in 2008 in London
3. Been here legally, all ready for ILR

Question 1. For my first child who was born outside Uk but been here with me for 10 years, do I need to apply for her ILR with me or should I first get ILR and then apply for her registration?

Question 2. For my other kid, born in UK and over 7 years now, does she get citizenship right after me or my wife gets ILR?

Question 3. Which form will I need for my elder child?

Thank you in advance.

vinny

Re: 10 years ILR Route - A few questions

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:10 pm

When will your leave expire?

SET(LR) for everyone except UK-born child, if UK-born child is subsequently registering.

Also possible: SET(LR) for you and wife. SET(F) for child.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

osmanghani
Newly Registered

Post by osmanghani » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:58 am

Thanks for your reply Vinny.

My leave expires in April 2017.
I will be using Set(LR) for my wife and me and once we get the ILR I will be using Set(F) for the child who was born outside UK and registration for the one who was born here. Hope thats ok.

One last question.

For the question D13 in Set(LR) which asks for "Family & Cultural Ties to the country where you were born"......are there any specific wording to be used? As We do have family in Pakistan but dont have any strong ties with them.

Thanks in advance.

osmanghani
Newly Registered

DUTY TO STATE ALL REASONS TO REMAIN IN UK

Post by osmanghani » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi Guys,
I have a question.
I am applying for ILR on the basis of 10 years. On the front of the form it states DUTY TO STATE ALL REASONS TO REMAIN IN THE UNITED KINGDOM and Section 3.2 asks for....

"If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below"

Please advice whats this and did anyone else fill this box and what did you write.

Thanks so much

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: DUTY TO STATE ALL REASONS TO REMAIN IN UK

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:19 pm

The same question is answered in the topic below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 84581.html

osmanghani
Newly Registered

SET(F) for child

Post by osmanghani » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:30 pm

Hello guys,
A quick question.
1. Once I get my ILR, how long do I have to apply SET(F) for my daughter who was born in Pakistan but has been here in UK for more than 10 years. The whole family has LTR till April 2017.
2. Also, I am applying for premium service in a few weeks time but i have already sent my wife's SET(LR) through postal and she has had her biometric taken last week. Will this make any difference, positive or negative?
Thank you all in anticipation.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:07 pm

1. Child may apply for SET(F) if the requirements of A277, A280(b), 298, 299 are met.

2. Difference in relation to child's SET(F) or your SET(LR)?
Child may be granted ILR using form SET(F) when both parents' SET(LR) are successful, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.