ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canadian Express Entry - FSWP / UK-ILR

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Devil81
Mood:

Canadian Express Entry - FSWP / UK-ILR

Post by Devil81 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi folks,
I’m currently in U.K on Tier 1 (general) and my ILR is due next year. In the meantime, I also plan to apply for Canadian Immigration under Express Entry system (FSWP).
I have got all the necessary documents required for express entry system. My ECA has been done and my IELTS score is R:7, L:7, W:7.5 and S:8 which makes me eligible to apply.

If I apply for Canadian Immigration now does it affect my status in the U.K? I intend to apply for Canadian PR but not intending to move immediately.
How long does it normally take to get the invitation from CIC to apply for PR? As I know the invitation to apply for PR will depend on case by case basis as applicants will be battling with others in the pool. Anyone here who has heard from CIC after they applied for initial assessment? I believe the processing time on the CIC website is the PR processing time after the invitation (currently 31 months from London). Hope my interpretation is correct. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance