ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Belgian Health Insurance for a British Citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dilip_gem

Belgian Health Insurance for a British Citizen

Post by dilip_gem » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi there,

I'm a British Citizen planning to move to Belgium in few days. I'm an IT professional and I'm intending to look for a contract job there. My status would be 'Unemployed' when I move there, so I'm not sure how to access healthcare services in case of my emergency.

Is it possible to get health insurance on my own? I'm ready to pay premium from my pocket as I have got enough money to support myself till I find a job contract. Could some one let me know the process please? Also is it posible to get residence card without having a job?

Regards,
Gem

PrestonLancs

Re: Belgian Health Insurance for a British Citizen

Post by PrestonLancs » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:41 pm

When you move there, for first three months you do not have to be doing anything.

After 3 months, you should be employed or self employed etc. For any health insurance in Belgium, if you want to move to belgium, you should get that insurance in belgium. You should check whether the insurance you will buy will be acceptable to belgian immigration.

Registration card as eu/eea national is not possible without work/self employment etc.

If you have enough money in your pocket, you might qualify for reg cert as self sufficient. health insurance will be required.

For a short visit to do job/work hunting, carry your UK ehic card.