ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa - Few Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SoHopeful

Re: 28 days payslips & bank statements

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:05 pm

For most applicants it's once the form is submitted online, but I understand there are some countries where your may have to pay during the appointment when handing in documents in person so that's why I worded it in that way.

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Visa4UK - Intended Travel Date

Post by Ell10b » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Hi all,

Wondering if someone can advise how to change the travel date on the log-in page of an application?

When my husband and I signed up for the site, we said a date in September, but now wish to travel a little earlier (if granted of course!) However, I don't seem to be able to change the 'Travel Date' on the main page when logged in. Any ideas?

I can change the date on the actual application itself but this does not change the main page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ellen

batleykhan

Re: Visa4UK - Intended Travel Date

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:45 pm

No need to do anything.You can travel as soon as visa is issued( whenever that is)

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Post by Ell10b » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:50 am

Hi thanks for your reply.

I was under the impression that they start the visa date from when you ask for (presuming it's processed by then) and now you have 4 weeks to enter the UK (new Biometric Residence Permit).

Our log in page says end of Sept, however we've now changed this on the application to 3 weeks earlier, so I am not sure which date they would look at.

Any one else know?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:06 pm

When you print the form you can amend the date.

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Presenting Spouse Visa Application

Post by Ell10b » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Hello,

In your experience, what is the best way to present a spouse visa when taking it to a VAC? My information is being sent to my husband next week for his VAC appointment shortly thereafter, documentation is currently in plastic pockets within a binder (originals), and a pile of A4 paper sectioned off / stapled / clipped for the 'copy'.

I have been reading that the VAC take everything out of plastic pockets / binders before sending to the DMC, if that's the case, there's little point of me sending them and I'd prefer to rearrange things in order here before anyone else starts rifling through it all :) Rifling spells potential for things to get lost or put in the wrong order, with the DMC then claiming something was 'missed'!

Any advice? Trying not to overthink it, but any ideas?

Thanks,
Ellen

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Presenting Spouse Visa Application

Post by physicskate » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:55 pm

You're right Ellen, they do rifle through and sometimes the ECO does miss something in the bundle. Each ECO will put the docs in the order that makes the most sense to them. I would include the copy behind each doc and just use either a big croc clip or paperclip so they can rearrange everything in the order they like.

Don't bind it, don't put it in an arch lever and I wouldn't staple anything except the passport picture you include.

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Post by Ell10b » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Thank you for the helpful reply :-) makes sense actually :-)

Do you recommend putting a copy of everything, or just the things where you want the original back?

I'm not fussed if they keep flight confirmations as if ever required they could be printed again, is it really necessary to have another copy of everything?

Thanks
Ellen

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:29 pm

Ell10b wrote:Thank you for the helpful reply :-) makes sense actually :-)

Do you recommend putting a copy of everything, or just the things where you want the original back?

I'm not fussed if they keep flight confirmations as if ever required they could be printed again, is it really necessary to have another copy of everything?

Thanks
Ellen
I would provide a copy of everything.... but that's me! I'm a compulsive filer. I'm sure I still have pay slips from like 12 years ago.

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Decision Made

Post by Ell10b » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:46 pm

Can anyone shed some light… when a decision is made by UKVI is the ‘decision has been made’ email sent to the email address the applicant put on their application form (my husband put his own), or the email address used to create an account at the VAC (my email address)?

At which point does the ‘decision been made’ change with the VAC? When they receive the passport back from the DMC? Do they inform you that a decision has been made and that passport is ready for collection?

Thanks,
Ellen

geriatrix

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Few Questions

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Topics merged.

Please keep your queries regarding your spouse visa application under a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Ell10b
Newly Registered

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Few Questions

Post by Ell10b » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:19 pm

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for the help I gained on this site prior to my husband applying for his visa. Pleased to say he received his visa yesterday in Cairo :)

Applied online: 29th July
Biometrics and papers lodged at VAC: 11th August
Rec'd in Abu Dhabi: 13th August
Decision made: 18th August
Picked up from Cairo VAC: 20th August
Priority Settlement Visa

Not too long to wait - not too many sleepless nights!

Thanks,
Ellen :D