ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

investigation letter from home office.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jinbigo
Newly Registered

Re: investigation letter from home office.

Post by jinbigo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:48 pm

guys,

if you can help it would be great.. i dont have any f***ing reason to post s*** and scare people...

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Matey..just make sure its not a prank played by your friends?

None of the Home office letters have logo on the right hand side. It clearly looks so fake.

jinbigo wrote:@prestonlancs :- i am not sure
@suresh :- when i got naturilization, i didnt went out of country, i was in country for more than 6 months. Last 1 year, i am out of the country.
@bukola :- I got my citizenship close to 2 years back.i am a UK resident throughout, i got my PR and citizenship in UK mainland.
@tier10:- i have uploaded the photo.
@gaurav76.5 - they sent my letter to my friends address where i have given redirection of all my mails. i am not claiming any benefits

another copy of the letter as requested, i have removed details and rest all there
http://s10.postimg.org/642qb8yi1/IMG_2187_Copy.jpg

Any advices much appreciated.

Regards,
JB

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:51 pm

jinbigo wrote:@prestonlancs :- i am not sure
@suresh :- when i got naturilization, i didnt went out of country, i was in country for more than 6 months. Last 1 year, i am out of the country.
@bukola :- I got my citizenship close to 2 years back.i am a UK resident throughout, i got my PR and citizenship in UK mainland.
@tier10:- i have uploaded the photo.
@gaurav76.5 - they sent my letter to my friends address where i have given redirection of all my mails. i am not claiming any benefits

another copy of the letter as requested, i have removed details and rest all there

Regards,
JB
Look, this letter looks very fishy. Why isn't there a return address/contact details for whichever department sent this letter to you? "Home Office" sounds really vague and unspecific. What is the role of Ian Matthew? It's unusual that his position is not clearly mentioned. Why indeed are there so many errors in this letter? Why didn't they contact you first asking you to explain yourself, before threatening with fines and imprisonment?

If this is indeed the job of a Home Office, it looks extremely unprofessional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:55 pm

jinbigo wrote:...

Regards,
JB
I don't have my file of HO letters to hand but a quick look at Google images of "uk passport home office letters" brings up several examples.
These letters all look quite different to the one presented here.

Aside from the grammar & punctuation, (also the sign-off & signature), the letter paper looks wrong.
Layout looks wrong.
Inadequate logo, missing tagline, also missing contact & HO website details.

Googling for 'Ian Matthew' retrieves a university lecturer and other respectable chaps but noone who appears to be a HO civil servant.

IMHO this is a clear fabrication.
Very bad joke or you must have upset somebody or someone bears some grudge.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:02 pm

The Home Office logo on this letter looks quite old, from 2003 year:

http://www.ukpt.org.uk/assets/mixed_mule ... fice_3.gif

Now the layout is different:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2mpy687.jpg

jinbigo
Newly Registered

Post by jinbigo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:02 pm

@ukswus/noajthan :- Thank you for your time and advice, i would be glad if it its fabricated and not proceeding further. but i am worried whether to respond or not.
@Nitro:- i cant think its a prank, most of my friends dont know where i have given the forwarding address ..

Regards
JB

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:06 pm

jinbigo wrote:@ukswus/noajthan :- Thank you for your time and advice, i would be glad if it its fabricated and not proceeding further. but i am worried whether to respond or not.
@Nitro:- i cant think its a prank, most of my friends dont know where i have given the forwarding address ..

Regards
JB

They don't need to know your forwarding address. You said yourself that the "Home Office" sent the letter to your old one.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:09 pm

jinbigo wrote:@ukswus/noajthan :- Thank you for your time and advice, i would be glad if it its fabricated and not proceeding further. but i am worried whether to respond or not.

Regards
JB
JB,
You cannot respond as there are no meaningful contact details on the letter.

You can see the difference from this to the 2 examples ukswus has posted.

Suggest you keep this as evidence.
You may well receive another follow up if the person persists in tormenting you.

In that case suggest you take it to the police or CAB as potential facial harassment & see what they advise.

jinbigo
Newly Registered

Post by jinbigo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Thanks ukswus/noajthan. I am trying to find more info from my friend who received the letter on how and the letter cover is looking. i'll post back when i have any updates.

Thanks all.

Regards,
JB

Ziuta

Post by Ziuta » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:24 pm

just phone up HO that you have received a following letter. Then you'll know if it is a genuine or fraud.
Applied: 02/06/2015
Fee deducted: 13/06/2015
Acknowledgement letter: 16/06/2015 (dated 13/06)
Biometrics: 16/06/2015
Approval: 28/11/2015

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:27 pm

jinbigo wrote:Thanks ukswus/noajthan. I am trying to find more info from my friend who received the letter on how and the letter cover is looking. i'll post back when i have any updates.

Thanks all.

Regards,
JB
Most probably, this letter is fake.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:33 pm

Ziuta wrote:just phone up HO that you have received a following letter. Then you'll know if it is a genuine or fraud.
I wouldn't do that. It may open a can of worms.

Maybe the person who sent this letter expected this kind of reaction.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm

"Your Faithfully" lol!

100% fäke, seems like someone's got it in for you....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

bestshow

Post by bestshow » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:28 pm

did you open the envelope to read the letter? what is the color of the envelope? what is the address written in the back of the envelope?
I do agree with all members who say this letter is a bullshit. also the HO does not act like that when they decide to revoke someone's nationality as they do it without any notifications, they just give a decision and how to appeal.
British Citizen

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:13 pm

JB,
Clearly a fake :!:

If you do receive another then suggest you go to police or take other advice (for example from CAB).

I post the following to reassure you:
Fifty six people have had their British citizenship removed since 2000
(as of July 2014)

Ref: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... chment.pdf

See a more recent summary here:
http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN06820.pdf
- clearly such HO powers to revoke are used very, very rarely.

Keep the number of revocations in perspective.
Nowadays, there are 240,000 - 250,000 (or more) UK naturalisations being granted every year:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ories.html

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Without a doubt, it's not genuine. I would guess that you'll receive another letter asking you to pay 'a reduced fine', probably through Western Union or you'll be asked to give your credit card details.
Once you have British Citizenship you can spend whatever time to choose outside of the UK, you're not a prisoner. You can travel freely without restriction and are no longer under immigration control.
Note that when the letter mentioned various offences they omitted to give the relevant sections in the Home Office Immigration Rules.
It's a scam.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jinbigo
Newly Registered

Post by jinbigo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:51 pm

@noajthan Thank you very much for all the references and giving confidence. I really appreciate your help. I'll was thinking of requesting my friend to check with solicitor, but now i'll wait till next letter.
btw, this letter was sent directly to my friends address, not through re-direction. i changed my address to my friends address only for bank statements.

bestshow, i am not in country, my friend opened and read the letter and scanned the copy. Nothing is written in the back of the letter.

please find attached below the letter cover front and back.
http://s22.postimg.org/3kq5n2fb5/IMG_20 ... WA0006.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/kb1jcedq9/IMG_20 ... WA0007.jpg

Thanks Casa.

Thanks all for your time and advice.

Regards,
JB

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:50 pm

I will put this straight.

THE LETTER YOU SHOWED IS A PRANK. A FAMLY OR FRIEND HAS PLAYED A PRANK ON YOUR. 100 PERCENT. :roll:

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:15 pm

PrestonLancs wrote:I will put this straight.

THE LETTER YOU SHOWED IS A PRANK. A FAMLY OR FRIEND HAS PLAYED A PRANK ON YOUR. 100 PERCENT. :roll:
Now that we know the letter was posted directly to your friend's address and you say no one else knew your correspondence was being sent there, I'd say PrestonLancs is right. If I were you, I would be quizzing your friend. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:03 pm

If you read the post carefully the English is very poor, me smells a rat somewhere!
pennyless

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Dude you've been punked :mrgreen:

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:31 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:More than 90% of people move away from here to their country of origin after obtaining british passport and this wont make sense for home office to chase them up.
I digress from the original purpose of this thread, which we all are agreed seems to be a badly designed forgery.

But I was startled by this quote above in course of the discussion. I would be chary of making sweeping statements of this sort, especially given the negative attitude towards immigrants. It could be inferred from such a statement that British citizenships means nothing to new migrants but a maroon passport that allows easy travel. Citizenship involves taking responsibilities in exchange for rights in our adoptive homeland.

For a comparision, there has been some concern in Canada about those who become Canadian citizens by meeting the requirements of Canadian citizenship and then moving back to their country of origin once they got Canadian citizenship. The Canadian government (a Conservative/Tory government-they did not even bother to change the names of the parties in Canada) has started tightening the requirements for citizenship in response and has increased the number of citizenships being cancelled (on grounds of fraud).

Please let's not make life difficult for future citizens by such irresponsible statements.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 pm

secret.simon wrote:
gaurav76.5 wrote:More than 90% of people move away from here to their country of origin after obtaining british passport and this wont make sense for home office to chase them up.
I digress from the original purpose of this thread, which we all are agreed seems to be a badly designed forgery.

But I was startled by this quote above in course of the discussion. I would be chary of making sweeping statements of this sort, especially given the negative attitude towards immigrants. It could be inferred from such a statement that British citizenships means nothing to new migrants but a maroon passport that allows easy travel. Citizenship involves taking responsibilities in exchange for rights in our adoptive homeland.

For a comparision, there has been some concern in Canada about those who become Canadian citizens by meeting the requirements of Canadian citizenship and then moving back to their country of origin once they got Canadian citizenship. The Canadian government (a Conservative/Tory government-they did not even bother to change the names of the parties in Canada) has started tightening the requirements for citizenship in response and has increased the number of citizenships being cancelled (on grounds of fraud).

Please let's not make life difficult for future citizens by such irresponsible statements.

I agree. We don't need another Daily Mail headline based on ridiculous statements (not grounded in any evidence) like this.

bestshow

Post by bestshow » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:47 pm

jinbigo wrote:@noajthan Thank you very much for all the references and giving confidence. I really appreciate your help. I'll was thinking of requesting my friend to check with solicitor, but now i'll wait till next letter.
btw, this letter was sent directly to my friends address, not through re-direction. i changed my address to my friends address only for bank statements.

bestshow, i am not in country, my friend opened and read the letter and scanned the copy. Nothing is written in the back of the letter.

please find attached below the letter cover front and back.
http://s22.postimg.org/3kq5n2fb5/IMG_20 ... WA0006.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/kb1jcedq9/IMG_20 ... WA0007.jpg

Thanks Casa.

Thanks all for your time and advice.

Regards,
JB
I have no doubt now this letter is scam, as any letter from home office should be brown with thier address in the back, also they do not use first class patch on the envelope.
British Citizen

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:26 pm

ukswus wrote: I agree. We don't need another Daily Mail headline based on ridiculous statements (not grounded in any evidence) like this.
Even worse than a Daily Mail headline would be government policies predicated on such statements. As mentioned, Canada is looking at tightening rules and there was talk a while back (on CBC radio) of the government looking at scaling back support for naturalised citizens in their country of origin.

For those of you who like reading up on such things (or am I the only such boring person here), there is a report by the OECD on "Naturalisation: A Passport for the Better Integration of Immigrants?". A restricted copy is available on Google Books.