ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

17 months and still waiting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jjaber
Newly Registered

17 months and still waiting

Post by jjaber » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:48 am

Hi
I've applied for the British Citizenship along with my wife and two kids. I'm originally from Iraq and have been in the UK legally since 2002. My application was made and the fee was processed on 30/01/2014. Yet we have not got any reply from the Home Office regarding the application since then (17 months ago). I've contacted the department many times and every time they respond with (.... Still under processing, ..., We'll inform you once a decision is reached ...". I've spoken to my MP and he had contacted them too but he received the same answer as well.

I don't know what the situation is but did that happen before?? I mean waiting for that long time. I don't think I had any missing details or anything to do with me qualifying for the citizenship. I would assume that if they have any outstanding issues or investigation that it should have been resolved after that time. Also, I would assume that if they needed any clarification they would send me a letter requesting this information or asking for an interview.

If anyone has any constructive thought or had any information about similar cases please let me know.

Regards
Jaber

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: 17 months and still waiting

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:18 am

I am in the same boat. I am also running in 17 month waiting for decision but unfortunately the home office not making decisions. I think I received the same reply from home office under consideration. The MP is not helpful because they don't want to expedition. Which is not fair. If they want to any enquiries or investigation they can do and 17 month is enough to do their job. What is your exact time line could you send again. My time line 20 Feb 2014.
Best of luck.
Babe khyber