ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

deception ILR refused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vhbi_jvrg
Newly Registered

Re: deception ILR refused

Post by vhbi_jvrg » Sun May 31, 2015 9:17 pm

hi ,

I Have similar case. What is the status of your visa? Have you been given right to appeal?

Thanks
Nikki

askhan

Post by askhan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:37 am

vhbi_jvrg wrote:hi ,

I Have similar case. What is the status of your visa? Have you been given right to appeal?

Thanks
Nikki

Hi Nikki

What was your case can you please give some details.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:41 am

Hi folks

After reading whole thread i want to ask a question here

On my initial application i had shown 28000 from self employed and 10k from employment but when i filled my returns i had shown 22k on self employed and 14k on salary which makes some where 36k i had to changed this cause while my accoutant had made a mistake and he didn't showed HO my salary income cause i didn't had any payslips just had p45 frm the company, do you think i should ammend my five years old returns??
Blocked Username

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:49 am

Blocked Username wrote:Hi folks

After reading whole thread i want to ask a question here

On my initial application i had shown 28000 from self employed and 10k from employment but when i filled my returns i had shown 22k on self employed and 14k on salary which makes some where 36k i had to changed this cause while my accoutant had made a mistake and he didn't showed HO my salary income cause i didn't had any payslips just had p45 frm the company, do you think i should ammend my five years old returns??
I think P45 is acceptable document for salary earnings. provided you show how it covers your claimed period.

muraxza
BANNED

Post by muraxza » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:54 am

Yes but my accountant did not showed at that time and he showed only 10k cause i had a payslips but what shall i do now should i ammend my returns as i had showed HO 38k but paid tax on 36k?
Blocked Username

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:18 am

askhan wrote:
Bri2015 wrote:Hi Guys

Some of you sent me PM and I am replying here for you all.

If HO dont see any records in HMRC for your PAYE or self employment, Then there will be a high chance for deception. Even if it is genuine income.

Contact your clients again for your all invoices if your can. No harm doing that.

Request SA302 from HMRC for last 5 years.

Provide your job descriptions if they ask in interview.

To be honest most of the case workers does not have the knowledge what you have.

They dont know how tax system work, HMRC, ACCOUNTANT JOB descriptions , IT consultant job descriptions etc..

Case workers just wanted to refuse the application for no reasons.

Thank you
Bri
Hi mate.

Just be advised you can only get sa302 if you have filed the TR via post. For Online submission HMRC don't send or keep the record.

not true, everyone can get sa302, you phone in and they send them to you

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:49 am

You can also request a SA302 by using the message facility on your online HMRC account and it will generally be sent within 10 days.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:17 pm

SA302 takes around 10 days

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:07 pm

argus7 wrote:SA302 takes around 10 days
Isn't that what I said? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

naveid
Newly Registered

Post by naveid » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi (Specially ASKHAN),

if some has claimed last 2 Tier 1 Gs by showing self employed, but didn't pay the tax as companies were busted, now in the process of ILR application, how to rectify this? can contact HMRC to pay the taxes now?

Kind Regards

askhan

Post by askhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:45 pm

naveid wrote:Hi (Specially ASKHAN),

if some has claimed last 2 Tier 1 Gs by showing self employed, but didn't pay the tax as companies were busted, now in the process of ILR application, how to rectify this? can contact HMRC to pay the taxes now?

Kind Regards
Hi Mate.

What do mean by Companies were busted ?
Whose companies ? Your company while you were on Self employed or the companies you did the work for ?

Because if you got the ext on self employment for 2 times and suddenly your company get busted without paying tax, this is a very shabby case and subject to scrutinise by HO.

You must need to pay the tax for all 5 years but at least to save your ILR, you need to pay for T1 initial application and Extension application.

Thanks
AKbar
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

naveid
Newly Registered

Post by naveid » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Many thanks for prompt reply Akbar.

the first application was solely on self employed (29k) but company was dissolved in 2010, 2nd one was combination of employed (21k) + Self (10k) a new company also dissolved later on.

What can be the quickest way to pay all this?

Kind Regards

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:48 pm

I don't understand why do you people muck around with taxes and not pay them on time and correctly?

Next year its going to be an offence if taxes are not paid on time, and for Naturalization this will be checked and scrutinized thoroughly.

askhan

Post by askhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:58 pm

naveid wrote:Many thanks for prompt reply Akbar.

the first application was solely on self employed (29k) but company was dissolved in 2010, 2nd one was combination of employed (21k) + Self (10k) a new company also dissolved later on.

What can be the quickest way to pay all this?

Kind Regards
Mate....why man ??? This is UK not a 3rd world country where you avoid getting caught yourself ...anyway.

You now need a accountant who will make all the accounts back again.

You also need to call HM revenue and inform them the. You need to write a letter to hmrev to allow you to end and then once submitted there will be a fine and interest penalty.

Also it will take around 1 to 3 months..so better start now..and ask for installment as you will be ripped by the final bill.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

naveid
Newly Registered

Post by naveid » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Any accountant here who can guess the final figure plz :(

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:07 pm

naveid wrote:Any accountant here who can guess the final figure plz :(

Its very simple.. Depending on tax years behind, you will have to pay a penalty of atleast 1600 pounds per year and if tax is more than that atleast 3000 pounds and TAX for what you owe

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:08 pm

UKBA is only interested in your initial and extension application taxes.

Just do the correction and arrange payments, in a recent case a candidate forgot to declare £500 and he paid and declared five weeks before application, all goes well for him.

He attached last 5 years SA302 to keep everything smooth.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Without a crystal ball...how will anyone be able to calculate your overdue tax without having sight of the company accounts? :?
(Casa, not CR001)

askhan

Post by askhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:13 pm

No doubt you are in a real mess..but after all it was you who created it...

The basic tax is 20% and 8% NI and class 2 bills

This above is a rough for on time tax bill

Then you have to add penalty for each year + interest

Looking around 15k it can be more but never the less
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

naveid
Newly Registered

Post by naveid » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Someone has left me private message which I am not able to read, please email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

askhan

Post by askhan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:52 pm

naveid wrote:Someone has left me private message which I am not able to read, please email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Mate

Must be an accountant looking for potential client

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

poojabhatt

Post by poojabhatt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:02 am

argus7 wrote:

Its very simple.. Depending on tax years behind, you will have to pay a penalty of atleast 1600 pounds per year and if tax is more than that atleast 3000 pounds and TAX for what you owe
Hi Argus7,

Many thanks for the info. If possible, could you please forward us links/references for the £1600/year penalty ? Would that figure be applicable for filing late OR amending an already filed tax return as well ?

A calculator to estimate your penalty for late SA tax returns is available on : https://www.gov.uk/estimate-self-assessment-penalties .It does NOT mention the £1600/year penalty.

If one voluntarily discloses more tax owed to the HMRC, wouldn't they consider not penalising the applicant ?

Has anyone else had to pay heavy penalties for amending their tax returns, here on this forum ?

askhan

Post by askhan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:15 am

poojabhatt wrote:
argus7 wrote:

Hi Argus7,

Many thanks for the info. If possible, could you please forward us links/references for the £1600/year penalty ? Would that figure be applicable for filing late OR amending an already filed tax return as well ?

A calculator to estimate your penalty for late SA tax returns is available on : https://www.gov.uk/estimate-self-assessment-penalties .It does NOT mention the £1600/year penalty.

If one voluntarily discloses more tax owed to the HMRC, wouldn't they consider not penalising the applicant ?

Has anyone else had to pay heavy penalties for amending their tax returns, here on this forum ?

Dear Pooja,

The penalty is calculated on the amount of tax owed, which is then added to the final bill.
The issue here is not the penalty, the issue is THE COMPANIES ARE not existed any more.

In order to resubmit / Submit the TR, I am sure hasn't file the TR in first place.
Now going back to HM rev and ask them to re-open those account to amend it will raise concerns of fraud.
As 2 companies are dissolved and then suddenly trying to pay the tax owed.

Pooja, I believe You are in UK and there is no such thing called "VOLUNTARILY" to fulfill your responsibility and to pay the tax on time. You made a mistake (deliberately) and now you are trying to repent and expecting it without penalising. Its not going to happen

£1600 is nothing in front of Fraud, criminal offence, Immigration deception, more than 20K in tax
Penalty and fine is apart.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan

poojabhatt

Post by poojabhatt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:58 am

Dear Pooja,

The penalty is calculated on the amount of tax owed, which is then added to the final bill.
The issue here is not the penalty, the issue is THE COMPANIES ARE not existed any more.

In order to resubmit / Submit the TR, I am sure hasn't file the TR in first place.
Now going back to HM rev and ask them to re-open those account to amend it will raise concerns of fraud.
As 2 companies are dissolved and then suddenly trying to pay the tax owed.

Pooja, I believe You are in UK and there is no such thing called "VOLUNTARILY" to fulfill your responsibility and to pay the tax on time. You made a mistake (deliberately) and now you are trying to repent and expecting it without penalising. Its not going to happen

£1600 is nothing in front of Fraud, criminal offence, Immigration deception, more than 20K in tax
Penalty and fine is apart.

Hope this helps.

Dear Askhan,

Thanks for your reply ! My question was specifically for Argus7 who had mentioned £1600/year penalty in the previous post. All I wanted to know was where has this figure [£1600/year] come from ? I have forwarded links which calculate the penalties but nowhere has there been any mention of the £1600.

Companies dissolving, Not filing for Tax returns etc is not pertaining to me. There is an arrangement with the HMRC to amend tax returns which clearly means that UK Tax payers do make mistakes while filing Tax returns.

If you can contribute to this post and advise where have you got the £1600/year penalty figure from then I would request you to please do so, if not please let someone else who knows answer.

Many thanks.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:57 pm

https://www.gov.uk/estimate-self-assessment-penalties

Follow this link and enter the details, and then see, when you enter the tax year and amount of tax you owe and see what figure comes out!

Its appalling that you dont even make the effort to find out how much penalty and interest is to be paid?