ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meet2mustafiz

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:29 am

Zee ali wrote:
meet2mustafiz wrote:Brother zee Ali,
I have spoke to 2 barrister and solicitor regarding this issue.all of them said If we able to provide evidences that we notify tribunal about the changes before hearing then I will be safe by law, my further suffering depend on case worker who will deal with my ILR application.
one of my closed friend got ILR recently who was deported to Bangladesh for 2 years with out country appeal right.end of the day he won and back UK.when his 10 year completed he apply for ILR.Home office counted 10 years including those 2 years while he was in Bangladesh.
If we able to provide evidences that it wasn't our fault -end of day we applicants will win
Where u gonna provide the evidences? Sitting next to the caseworker in PEO?

Try your luck man. Hope u get the good news

Share with us whatever the outcome is
Brother Zee Ali,
After getting ILR, hope you are having a very good time.

I like to add last 10 weeks I am waiting for a permission from FTT to go UT,I got notice of recept fro FTT.

I changed my solicitor and my address before hearing and notify tribunal on time,we have the evidence.So,according to Tribunal regulation they sent determination in to wrong address,please check the link I provided-page 16 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -rules.pdf.for this reason I don't have and gap during appeal process.But home office don't know all about,that why I worry.It will depend on the case worker.

According to Tribunal's rules :
Page:7
Representatives
(3)
If a party appoints a representative, that party (o
r the representative if the representative is a
qualified representative) must send or deliver to t
he Tribunal written notice of the representative’s
name and address, which may be done at a hearing.

(6)
As from the date on which a person has notified the
Tribunal that they are acting as the
representative of an appellant and has given an add
ress for service, if any document is provided to
the appellant a copy must also at the same time be
provided to the appellant’s representative

Page 16:
Setting aside a decision which disposes of proceedi
ngs
—(1) The Tribunal may set aside a decision which di
sposes of proceedings, or part of such a
decision, and re-make the decision, or the relevant
part of it, if—
(a)
the Tribunal considers that it is in the interests
of justice to do so; and
(b)
one or more of the conditions in paragraph (2) are
satisfied.
(2)
The conditions are—
(a)
a document relating to the proceedings was not prov
ided to, or was not received at an
appropriate time by, a party or a party’s represent
ative;
(b)
a document relating to the proceedings was not prov
ided to the Tribunal at an appropriate
time;
(c)
a party, or a party’s representative, was not prese
nt at a hearing related to the
proceedings; or
(d)
there has been some other procedural irregularity i
n the proceedings.

I know my case is very complicated and I won't go to PEO,

I agree with you and my plan is same as you advised,I need to keep my working right(3C/3D).I will add an additional ground if I get permission to go UT.but my solicitor said most probably I won't get chance to go there.So,I might need to make ILR application (will a well present covering letter) when all appeal right exhaust .

thanks for your time,your advice is very helpful

tabarik77
Newly Registered

Post by tabarik77 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:08 am

hi this forum was very helpful when applied for my eea2 4 years ago

as i mentioned in the topic itself that i am residing here for last 10 years 5 years on student 2 years on psw 3 years on EEA2( eu spouce visa) which is valid till 2017

my time line is applied for set(lr) 04/04/2015
confirmation letter 11/04/2015
biometric letter 18/04/2015

i didnt submit any documents of my wife that she is exrcising treaty rights of EEA as it would complicate my case further.
but they send me letter to on 2 nd july 2015 submite all doucments releting my wife exercising treaty rights like for last 3 years joint bills account and employmet letters bla bla bla..... my wife was self employed and i dont have all tax return doucments and i have only 3 years joint bank statemets i dont have any utility bills they asked me to send my wifs passport as well plz help me with ur knowledge and opinios what shoud i do

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:11 am

Salam Brothers

I have an appointment on PEO next week Wednesday for 10 year Long residence, please i need some comfort I am bit nervous.

My Situation

10 years will complete on 30th July 2015,

I have been student, than I was on PSW, than I applied Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa expiring next year.

I will be submitting following:
All Passports with clear entry and exit stamps
Current BRP
Masters degree taught in English and point base calculator printout
Life in UK test pass certificate
2 Recent photographs

Photocopies of all of above,

SHOULD I TAKE ANYTHING ELSE WITH ME AS WELL?????

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:00 am

tabarik77 wrote:hi this forum was very helpful when applied for my eea2 4 years ago

as i mentioned in the topic itself that i am residing here for last 10 years 5 years on student 2 years on psw 3 years on EEA2( eu spouce visa) which is valid till 2017

i didnt submit any documents of my wife that she is exrcising treaty rights of EEA as it would complicate my case further.
but they send me letter to on 2 nd july 2015 submite all doucments releting my wife exercising treaty rights like for last 3 years joint bills account and employmet letters bla bla bla..... my wife was self employed and i dont have all tax return doucments and i have only 3 years joint bank statemets i dont have any utility bills they asked me to send my wifs passport as well plz help me with ur knowledge and opinios what shoud i do
Hi ..
To cover the period legal and continuous for 10 years , u must provide the evidence of treaty rights ur EEA partner to cover you for 10 years.
If u havent provided them at 1st place , they would ask for it which they did. Utility bills and other documents are not as important as her self employed tax returns , invoices or accountant letter which can prove that she is qualified person. Try to get as much document u can get and send them.

on other hand its a good news for u that if they are satisfied with ur documents then u will get ur approval within 2 weeks.
And bye the way how much time they have given you to send all these documents?

My case is exactly the same but I have sent them proof of my partner treaty rights. But I am still waiting for the decision.

UKres

Post by UKres » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:30 am

wings.007 wrote:Salam Brothers

I have an appointment on PEO next week Wednesday for 10 year Long residence, please i need some comfort I am bit nervous.

My Situation

I have been student, than I was on PSW, than I applied Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa expiring next year.

Current BRP
2 Recent photographs

Hello ,
All looks good to me. My ilr is next month and i will be submitting the same documents as yours
Once you get you ILR please share your experince so that other can learn from your exp.

Dont worry it should be smooth and good luck for you iLR.

Thaks

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:51 pm

My Situation

Current BRP
2 Recent photographs

HI,
Please take Printouts of payment and appointment emails as well.
My situation is exactly the same as yours. i am going Glasgow PEO on 6th august.
what is point base calculator, for what?
Good Luck

HassanAli
Newly Registered

Post by HassanAli » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:08 pm

rajj121 wrote:

My Situation

Current BRP
2 Recent photographs

HI,
My situation is exactly the same as yours. i am going Glasgow PEO on 6th august.
Good Luck
Hi everyone, same situation as raj121 and wing.007 , student then psw then ent T1 and now going for 10 year long residency. What is the point base calculator, haven't heard about it regarding 10 year long residency ???

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:57 pm

if ILR application refused ,afterward submitting a judicial review-how long that will take for final decision?

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:16 pm

Hello,

I read on Forum that guys who got there ILR took print out from point based calculator to prove their degree for English language.

HassanAli wrote:
rajj121 wrote:

My Situation

Current BRP
2 Recent photographs

HI,
Good Luck
Hi everyone, same situation as raj121 and wing.007 , student then psw then ent T1 and now going for 10 year long residency. What is the point base calculator, haven't heard about it regarding 10 year long residency ???

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi Khan,
Thank you for your reply.
I am applying after 10 years long residence.
I have switched to many visa and now I am on tier 4 student dependent visa.
I am using the SET(LR) form.
Can you tell me is that the right one or no?
Also please tell me about the documents required?
Thank you so much in advance.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:35 pm

gorangoran wrote:Hi Khan,
Thank you for your reply.
I am applying after 10 years long residence.
I have switched to many visa and now I am on tier 4 student dependent visa.
I am using the SET(LR) form.
Can you tell me is that the right one or no?
Also please tell me about the documents required?
Thank you so much in advance.
Yes SET(LR) is the right form if u are applying for Long Residence.
As long as you don't have gap in continuous residency or any illegal time period in 10 years you will be fine.
All passports during 10 years + LIUK test + English lanuage test such as degree
I would recommend you for premium service if u think there is no complications in ur immigration history and u have all the required documents.

Regards
Khan

sitel24
Newly Registered

Post by sitel24 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Someone please help came in 2002 dec been renewing on students visa up to 2012 where i switched to Zambrano depedants visa under EEA .i dont have any gaps . i got a 7 r old british son .am i eligible for 10yrs long residence?

tier2013

Post by tier2013 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:10 pm

I've filled in the SET(LR) form and planning to send it by recorded delivery tomorrow.

I have the following documents enclosed as supporting information:

1. Current passport and previous passport.
2. Life in UK test pass letter
3. MSc degree certificate from UK university as proof of english language requirement
4. Drivers License (Additional address and identity proof)
5. 2 Photos
6. Biometric Residence Permit
7. Determination letter from Judge of the First Tier Tribunal, since my last leave to remain was discretionary LTR on basis of Human Rights (right to private life)

Do I need to send any more documents?

Any help would be appreciated since my application has been overdue since last year! Current LTR expires in a year, but I am hoping to send the form and dox off tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

tier2013

Post by tier2013 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:26 pm

tier2013 wrote:I've filled in the SET(LR) form and planning to send it by recorded delivery tomorrow.

3. MSc degree certificate from UK university as proof of english language requirement
5. 2 Photos
7. Determination letter from Judge of the First Tier Tribunal, since my last leave to remain was discretionary LTR on basis of Human Rights (right to private life)

Any help would be appreciated since my application has been overdue since last year! Current LTR expires in a year, but I am hoping to send the form and dox off tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Also, do I need to go to a post office and have my biometric info recorded BEFORE sending the application to the Home Office??

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi Sara ... (Reply to Sara)
Thanks for ur comment on Google Time Sheet , I really appreciate and really happy for ur approval as u waited very long as well.
Yeah I am just trying to be positive and hoping for the best for my application.
I didnt wanted to write comments on google time sheet as it may mess up the great tool , by the way difficulty u having registering ur account on forum???
Regards
Khan

tabarik77
Newly Registered

Post by tabarik77 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:24 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
tabarik77 wrote:hi this forum was very helpful when applied for my eea2 4 years ago

Hi ..
To cover the period legal and continuous for 10 years , u must provide the evidence of treaty rights ur EEA partner to cover you for 10 years.
If u havent provided them at 1st place , they would ask for it which they did. Utility bills and other documents are not as important as her self employed tax returns , invoices or accountant letter which can prove that she is qualified person. Try to get as much document u can get and send them.

on other hand its a good news for u that if they are satisfied with ur documents then u will get ur approval within 2 weeks.

My case is exactly the same but I have sent them proof of my partner treaty rights. But I am still waiting for the decision.

hi khan thakz for ur information yes they gave me only 14 days 7 days already passed i went to solicitor he also said the same send as much as possible letters but i am afriad if they dont get satisfied waht would be the out come as my relationship also not goin well we may be applying for divorce in comig moths is it a good thing that i shoud withdraw my case and re apply after divorce as they are not asking much if u are divorced i am so confusing

tabarik77
Newly Registered

Post by tabarik77 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:34 pm

tabarik77 wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:

Hi ..

hi khan thakz for ur information yes they gave me only 14 days 7 days already passed i went to solicitor he also said the same send as much as possible letters but i am afriad if they dont get satisfied waht would be the out come as my relationship also not goin well we may be applying for divorce in comig moths is it a good thing that i shoud withdraw my case and re apply after divorce as they are not asking much if u are divorced i am so confused

thankz for ur help i have self employment documets but not upto date and they are asking for so many proofs of bills etc ... and i have only 7 days left i am planning to withdraw as my reletionship is also not goin well we may apply for divorce in coming months

in case of divorce they are not asking much evidence only 1 year of proof of exercising treaty and exercisig treaty at the time of divorce so i am plaaning either to not send them any doucmets which they asked so they may send back my applicaiotn or i have to withdraw my application once i get divorced i will re applyyyy

plz share ur knowledge

tabarik77
Newly Registered

Post by tabarik77 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:38 pm

tabarik77 wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:

Hi ..

hi khan thakz for ur information yes they gave me only 14 days 7 days already passed i went to solicitor he also said the same send as much as possible letters but i am afriad if they dont get satisfied waht would be the out come as my relationship also not goin well we may be applying for divorce in comig moths is it a good thing that i shoud withdraw my case and re apply after divorce as they are not asking much if u are divorced i am so confusing
thankz for ur help ye i have self employment documets but not upto date and they are asking for so many proofs of bills etc ... and i have only 7 days left i am planning to withdraw as my reletionship is also not goin well we may apply for divorce in coming months

in case of divorce they are not asking much evidence only 1 year of proof of exercising treaty and exercisig treaty at the time of divorce so i am plaaning either to not send them any doucmets which they asked so they may send back my applicaiotn or i have to withdraw my application once i get divorced i will re applyyyy

plz share ur knowledge

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:39 pm

tier2013 wrote:
tier2013 wrote:I've filled in the SET(LR) form and planning to send it by recorded delivery tomorrow.

5. 2 Photos

Thanks in advance.

Also, do I need to go to a post office and have my biometric info recorded BEFORE sending the application to the Home Office??
No

U just send your application by special delivery.

Once HO receive your application they will send u an acknowledgement letter that they received your application. After that they validate your application and than send u a biometric enrollment letter. Than u need to go to post office with that letter and pay £19.20 biometirc enrollment fees.

Not all the post offices have this service u need to check online on post office website that which post office near u has facility to enroll biometric.

Why dont u go to premium service, if your case is straight forward?

its £400 more but peace of mind and u dont need to wait for months.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:11 am

tabarik77 wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:

Hi ..

Hi..
To be honest , the treaty rights evidence for ur EEA partner will be required more strictly and solidly in case if you go for ROR after divorce and may make ur case complicated and ambiguous as HO knew the reason you have withdraw your current application. Even if you go for PR at later stage then still you need 5 years treaty rights of your EEA partner. I understand your situation which seems really stressed and tense for you but you should try to provide self employed documents , at least registration as self employed , invoice from some clients etc. I wish you was at the forum before u made your application as this forum is much worth than lot of solicitors.
Hope for the best my friend.
Regards
Khan

tier2013

Post by tier2013 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 am

Zee ali wrote:
tier2013 wrote:

5. 2 Photos

Thanks in advance.

No

U just send your application by special delivery.

Once HO receive your application they will send u an acknowledgement letter that they received your application. After that they validate your application and than send u a biometric enrollment letter. Than u need to go to post office with that letter and pay £19.20 biometirc enrollment fees.

Not all the post offices have this service u need to check online on post office website that which post office near u has facility to enroll biometric.

Why dont u go to premium service, if your case is straight forward?

its £400 more but peace of mind and u dont need to wait for months.
Thank you for your reply, Zee Ali.
I am not sure what "straightforward" exactly means.
I doubt that my case is straightforward since I entered on a student visa initially, then went on to work permit and then tier 2 before moving to a DLR in end of 2013. The DLR involved an appearance before the Judge of the First Tier tribunal, therefore I'm assuming thjat the Home Office wouldnt treat it as a straightforward case. No criminal convictions or overstays, etc.

This is why Ive decided to go for postal application.

ANy thoughts?

Thanks again!

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:53 am

tier2013 wrote:

5. 2 Photos

Thanks in advance.

the definition "straightforward" is very subjective and will depend on how easy your case is presented and how it is understood by the caseworker. Your case appears to be straightforward as you have defined it (continuous residence without gaps, no immigration offences, no criminal convictions etc) and if you have the extra £400 just go for it. All the best.

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:58 pm

rajj121 wrote:

My Situation

Current BRP
2 Recent photographs

HI,
Good Luck
Thanks I forgot to mention I will submit payment and appointment sheet as well....

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Thank you so much again.
Please i have an urgent situation which came only today.
The situatation .
As you know i am tier 4student dependant .
This visa expires on 30 of october 2015.
My wife will apply to the postdoctorate scheme visa.
my question is.
If i did not apply as dependant for that new visa and she got that new visa will my dependant visa will be cancelled?
Or my dependant tier4 student will still valid till 30 october 2015.
Please give an accurate answer.
I am very worry.
All of my abscence within the limit. Isuppose to apply for ILR after 10 years.
pply for Ilr after 10yea.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Agree with SEL 7

If u request your SAR (Immigration history). It will help u a lot to see what is in HO system about your history. It can take 2 to 3 months to arrive.

Appeal process is count as legal stay (Section 3c) when u appeal in time and get decision in your favor. Even if decision is not in your favor and u apply again in 28 days and get the visa this time 10 years legal residency still counts.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided