ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing job while applying for ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Londontown
Newly Registered

Changing job while applying for ILR

Post by Londontown » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:50 pm

Hi everyone

I have a question which I hope you can give me advice on....
I have about 3 months left on my EEA2 visa and about to apply for ILR. The problem is that I am thinking of changing jobs and I just wanted to hear from people who have experience in this.

Were potential employers or agencies reluctant to hire you because you only had a few months left on your visa or was it not an issue for them? Or did anyone apply for ILR and then try to find a job with just a COA?

I would be interested to here of your experiences...

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Changing job while applying for ILR

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:54 am

Its not so much the reluctance cause that is unfair treatment it does not matter if you have 2 months left or 2 days left employers should always look at your CV like any other individual with working rights. Big companies usually have good internal systems which will prompt you to submit new documents. You can clarify your situation at interview stage and mention you will be renewing your status.

I personally will wait till I have ILR meanwhile I will still apply for roles

Londontown
Newly Registered

Post by Londontown » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks for your advice njoy1987...
I'm frustrated in my current job and I don't know how long the application process will take. I will apply for a couple of positions and see how things go.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:56 pm

It takes a few months for referencing to clear anyways and by the time you attend interviews etc it can take a while too. Your question is more appropriate if you got a job waiting. Good luck I am sure you will find something job market is better that a few years ago